Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My body MY CHOICE

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sad that this beautiful thread has almost dropped off the first page. Sad, really.

Not that sad.

Abortion itself is about 20th on the Throbber's list of shit that Biden needs to fix. I'm willing to let the good Lord sort it out at the pearly gates for others making that decision.

I want my cheap gas.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Sad that this beautiful thread has almost dropped off the first page. Sad, really.

Not that sad.

Abortion itself is about 20th on the Throbber's list of shit that Biden needs to fix. I'm willing to let the good Lord sort it out at the pearly gates for others making that decision.

I want my cheap gas.

I'll pray for you for writing that.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

I'm at peace with the decision I would make if put in that position. No worries at the pearly gates. I'm not my brother's keeper. Whoever commits the act is the one is who is going to have to face the real Big Guy.

On earth, I'm much more pragmatic that this shit will NEVER have a solution. So pick off lower hanging fruit, make shit happen, make things better or GTFO of positions of authority.

• Options

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

I'm at peace with the decision I would make if put in that position. No worries at the pearly gates. I'm not my brother's keeper. Whoever commits the act is the one is who is going to have to face the real Big Guy.

On earth, I'm much more pragmatic that this shit will NEVER have a solution. So pick off lower hanging fruit, make shit happen, make things better or GTFO of positions of authority.

Of course it will. With the right people on the court, it surely will. It's so simple: outlaw it. Period. If one really understands what's happening here, there can be no higher priority. Any version of "practical necessity" may as well be with the pink hat brigade.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,895
    But abstinence, condoms and birth control are so expensive and hard to get!
  • Options

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

Of course it will. With the right people on the court, it surely will. It's so simple: outlaw it. Period. If one really understands what's happening here, there can be no higher priority. Any version of "practical necessity" may as well be with the pink hat brigade.
    Never gonna happen.

It's one thing to intellectually understand. It's an entirely different thing to put the genie back in the bottle.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,817
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

This makes me think you are trolling.

Like you said, unfortunate necessity.

Like the Throbber said, that genie ain't going back in the bottle.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

This makes me think you are trolling.

Like you said, unfortunate necessity.

Like the Throbber said, that genie ain't going back in the bottle.

Of course he's trolling. Even @GrandpaSankey saw that on day 1.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Birth control does fail at times, Papist.

Abstinence just reminds me of how attractive Bristol Palin is.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

You are proof of this
  • Options
    Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

You are proof of this
    Sounded good in your head?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I’ve actually changed my views on this for intellectual reasons. I’ve laid out the argument, which as far as I know is unassailable.

The Practicality bros don’t like it because their noses are being rubbed in a harsh reality they don’t want to face: they’re ok with killing some innocent children because society!!

If you understand the issue as do I then you know there’s no more important topic on which to concern oneself before us.

There is no trolling here. I’d have said so by now.

At least the crazy left has convinced itself it’s not killing a person. Practicality Bros are worse: they know what it is and abide by it anyway because trimesters!!! Fuck that. It’s wrong at the eleventh hour and it’s wrong at the very first nano-second of conception.

Let’s quit fucking around here on this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

I’ve actually changed my views on this for intellectual reasons. I’ve laid out the argument, which as far as I know is unassailable.

The Practicality bros don’t like it because their noses are being rubbed in a harsh reality they don’t want to face: they’re ok with killing some innocent children because society!!

If you understand the issue as do I then you know there’s no more important topic on which to concern oneself before us.

At least the crazy left has convinced itself it’s not killing a person. Practicality Bros are worse: they know what it is and abide by it anyway because trimesters!!! Fuck that. It’s wrong at the eleventh hour and it’s wrong at the very first nano-second of conception.

A Q. Where do you stand on the morning after pill and IUDs?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sources said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

You are proof of this
    Sounded good in your head?
    It read good in the thread as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sledog said:

If people don't want a kid prevention is a far better solution than abortion. Abortion is now used as birth control. That ain't right in my book and if it is in yours you might want to take a deep look at yourself.

A sizable majority of all abortion patients are already mothers and are having their first abortion.

About half as many abortions are even being performed compared with 30 years ago.

Moralistic refrains about some sudden uptick in using abortion as birth control are untrue, and they are especially dishonest coming from an old man who opposes abortion under all circumstances anyway.
  • Options

A Q. Where do you stand on the morning after pill and IUDs?
    If Plan B prevents pregs by delaying the release of an egg from the ovary, then I’m all for it. If, like the IUD (as I understand it), it does so by changing the uterine wall and thereby preventing the fertilized egg from attaching, then I’m afraid that’s effectively abortion. And you know where I stand on that point.

So, the pill, I guess sometimes, and based on my limited understanding of the IUD, never.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

If people don't want a kid prevention is a far better solution than abortion. Abortion is now used as birth control. That ain't right in my book and if it is in yours you might want to take a deep look at yourself.

A sizable majority of all abortion patients are already mothers and are having their first abortion.

About half as many abortions are even being performed compared with 30 years ago.

Moralistic refrains about some sudden uptick in using abortion as birth control are untrue, and they are especially dishonest coming from an old man who opposes abortion under all circumstances anyway.
    Who is saying that, ma’am?
  • Options

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Abortion is now used as birth control. -Sled

I quoted the poast I was responding to, Mildred. Try to keep up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Abortion is now used as birth control. -Sled

I quoted the poast I was responding to, Mildred. Try to keep up.
    So a poster on a college football board saying it is an “uptick”? If you say so, Sally. What else ya got, Nancy?

One thin that has happened is in Texas there as been an “uptick” in people seeking birth control since they tightened their abortion laws. You probably don’t think that’s a good thing.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753

Not that sad.

I want my cheap gas.

Never gonna happen.

It's one thing to intellectually understand. It's an entirely different thing to put the genie back in the bottle.

Mmmm-Hmmm.