Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    So PGOS really is going to start for the squad?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,029 Founders Club
    edited January 2022

"...coach might be better served blowing up the building and get his own guys in..."

Wait 'til he gets his own guys in there.

Also, leave the blowing up of buildings to the pros; thank you very much.

Thanks @BuildingSevenDwag !!

@PurpleBaze
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Husky Legend, telling it like it is, and he's 100% absolutely correct... he was so fun to watch, made the game look easy.

Let the purge continue.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,595
    I put on a new pair of sweatpants, came up from the basement, and updated my mom about what was happening in CFB. She was really surprised about the portaling and especially within conferences.

Only grad transfers should be able to transfer within conferences and play immediately. Otherwise this portaling stuff will lead schools to poach coaches other conference schools who will then encourage players to leave their previous school for the new school (rival).
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,509 Standard Supporter
    DeBoner already needs more tim.
  • AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98

Take the same players from Oregon and Washington, put them on minor league NFL teams from Eugene and Seattle and see how much money they bring in from attendance, TV, and merch. No one would care or watch. We know this because it’s been tried. But with better players than college players.

Not just the players. Also the coaches, the ADs, Chris Fowler, Lee Corso,the Home Depot College Gameday presented by AT&T, the Meineke.com Muffler Chicken Salad Bowl chairman that makes $300k a year, and every single head of every conference making $2 million a year and the whole fucking NCAA.

It’s not just the players and it is stupid to limit the criticism to just them.
  • AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    Alpo said:

Take the same players from Oregon and Washington, put them on minor league NFL teams from Eugene and Seattle and see how much money they bring in from attendance, TV, and merch. No one would care or watch. We know this because it’s been tried. But with better players than college players.

Not just the players. Also the coaches, the ADs, Chris Fowler, Lee Corso,the Home Depot College Gameday presented by AT&T, the Meineke.com Muffler Chicken Salad Bowl chairman that makes $300k a year, and every single head of every conference making $2 million a year and the whole fucking NCAA.

It’s not just the players and it is stupid to limit the criticism to just them.
    I fucked up the block quote or whatever. You get the point.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,523 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    dtd said:

DeBoner already needs more tim.

What the vacuum selling U0 alums will be saying over and over next year..
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,365 Swaye's Wigwam
    I legit wish they would make some kind of stupid pro development league and make the NFL just deal with the stupidity of all these big headed 17 year olds.

Let the top kids go get jobs in the football G league and lock down cfb back to how it was. There will still be tons of kids drafted from college if you take the top 10 percent of high-school kids out of college signing day.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,363

A lot of them are in prison. Does anybody care that there is a defensive end in Walla Walla or Sing Sing who could help the Hawks or could have played for Washington? No. You don't. He's not here. That's why you don't care.

You only care about players who help YOUR team, not players who aren't involved. The team part is more important than I think the average player realizes.

There's a DE at Walla? Well, fuck me! Yes, those are the guys we need, bring back the mercenaries. IDGAF, we need to recruit prisons then. We need big, fast, mean, and don't give a shit about stars and feelings guys.