Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dana Hall gets it

124»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

RTD said:

If we’re gonna play this game, and we’re gonna start getting paid, kind of seems like a scholarship should become a contract.

I don’t disagree. But it’s kinda like when Linked in Chevron hits you up with a DM to steal you away from 76.

I’m not going to cut off thy nose to spite thy face and say it’s all ruined and later guys. I’ll keep watching until I don’t but the future doesn’t sound very intriguing.
    Pretty much where I'm at. I didn't drop the NFL with a big going away party or a massive statement. I slowly lost interest and then one day woke up and found myself as that guy who finds out about NFL shit two months after the fact (if even then, if even ever) and often from some weird woman who is obsessed about it. I don't even have a lot of male friends who really give a shit about it anymore. I didn't go away mad. I just went away. Same will happen with cfb too I suspect.
    The 1990 Huskies made me lose interest in #MyBolts except for the one Junior Seau Super Bowl run in the mid 90s.

Now #MyBolts are one win away from a wild card spot with a Big Dick Oregon Duck QB.

Will the circle be unbroken, by and by lord, by and by.
    Raiders v Chargers for a playoff spot on Sunday night

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

RTD said:

If we’re gonna play this game, and we’re gonna start getting paid, kind of seems like a scholarship should become a contract.

I don’t disagree. But it’s kinda like when Linked in Chevron hits you up with a DM to steal you away from 76.

I’m not going to cut off thy nose to spite thy face and say it’s all ruined and later guys. I’ll keep watching until I don’t but the future doesn’t sound very intriguing.
    Pretty much where I'm at. I didn't drop the NFL with a big going away party or a massive statement. I slowly lost interest and then one day woke up and found myself as that guy who finds out about NFL shit two months after the fact (if even then, if even ever) and often from some weird woman who is obsessed about it. I don't even have a lot of male friends who really give a shit about it anymore. I didn't go away mad. I just went away. Same will happen with cfb too I suspect.
    The 1990 Huskies made me lose interest in #MyBolts except for the one Junior Seau Super Bowl run in the mid 90s.

Now #MyBolts are one win away from a wild card spot with a Big Dick Oregon Duck QB.

We got this!

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,819 Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

We’ll be waiting all day …

Apparently if Indianapolis loses, both Vegas (Oakland) and LA (San Diego) can make the playoffs if they tie.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    edited January 2022

digits said:

Alpo said:

dannarc said:

A lot of them are in prison. Does anybody care that there is a defensive end in Walla Walla or Sing Sing who could help the Hawks or could have played for Washington? No. You don't. He's not here. That's why you don't care.

You only care about players who help YOUR team, not players who aren't involved. The team part is more important than I think the average player realizes.

There's a DE at Walla? Well, fuck me! Yes, those are the guys we need, bring back the mercenaries. IDGAF, we need to recruit prisons then. We need big, fast, mean, and don't give a shit about stars and feelings guys.

UW doesn’t accept transfer credits from Walla Walla. No PE degree here, either. Not gonna happen.
    UW doesn't accept transfer credits from a lot of CCs. Hope the new staff knows that.
    Creepy was taking about prison. Not CC and Toalei Mulitauaopele says hi.
    Coworker went to school with Toalei at Walla Walla.

Toalei was big weed dealer and guy used to bag his weed for him to sell. Said guy was biggest human he had ever seen and put formaldehyde drips on his joints and get really fucking weird

Cool story
    FYI: It's called 'sherm'.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 801
    Sherm isn’t actually dipped in formaldehyde. It’s PCP but the slang term for it “embalming fluid”.

Noted pedantic drug nerd

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited January 2022

RTD said:

This was me.

I was the NFL coomsomer that they dreamed of, but it was a declining product for years before I stopped. The presentation of the sport is for wine dog moms in Pats glitter hats, the rules have made the game soft, analytics and suck for Luck type game-planning is all over the place, "bidness" decisions by players and coaches alike, more commercials and stalling analysts that no nothing than actual football talk, massive spike of entitled players, and the local team feeling more and more disconnected from community.

The final nail was the destruction of the last little bit of escapism value it had left with the injection of politics. I was just trying to watch a game after a rough 60+ hr week at work and it hit me that I wasn't enjoying it anymore and would rather be mowing the lawn... So I mowed the lawn in 90+ degree heat and humidity and found it more enjoyable.

The crazy thing is my quiet departure was not alone; my fantasy league over a decade old was ended with little protest, the friend group that got together to watch the NFL now watches the UFC, I dont know anyone who actually pays for NFL/Redzone TV packages anymore, my DFIL on the couch cancelled his Seahawk tickets (20 years) because he was "tired of giving money to people who keep calling him racist" and hasn't watched a game since, the fantasy fad in family or work leagues is dead, and the two friends that used to text about draftkings and fanduel weekly tips have moved on to crypto.

I miss the nostalgia of watching NFL games and caring with others but I dont miss the current NFL.

I cant help but feel it will be the same for college "amateur" football soon too.

NOC, didn't ask, disagree, cool story, hardy har har.