Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2022]

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I've been championing Penix since last spring. That being said, we need to see him under pressure and leading UW to big wins, before we crown him as NFL-ready. Secondly, unless he has an incredible 2022 season, coming back for another year and proving durability could really help his draft status.

Penix is NOT a NFL QB. Zero chance he gets drafted. He is a very good college QB which is fine because I care about how he plays for WASHINGTON…. Not the ducking Bears or Raiders.
    If Penix stays healthy the NFL would absolutely be interested
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

IPSH

New HH meme

If Penix Stays Healthy

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If penix stays hard
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Chris Izbicki. Jon Lyons.
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Kirkland coming back means that Fautanu doesn't start somewhere on the line then I don't want Kirkland back.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Kirkland coming back means that Fautanu doesn't start somewhere on the line then I don't want Kirkland back.

Fautanu would have to move to left guard. Rosengarten is our best lineman already, and Bain has been decent.

I'm a little worried about Kirkland being 30 lbs heavier than last year and not fully healthy. Feels like a risk playing him.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think by the end of the year the line will be Kirkland, Fautanu, Mele/Hatchett, Bain, Rosengarten. They’re already rotating Luciano out in the second quarter
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,566
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think by the end of the year the line will be Kirkland, Fautanu, Mele/Hatchett, Bain, Rosengarten. They’re already rotating Luciano out in the second quarter

My guess is that Luciano sets the rest of the line up better pre-snap than anyone right now. If they can get Mele or Hatchett up to speed making the line calls then they would eventually get the nod. Both are better athletes than CL they just aren't quite there yet.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fautanu would have to move to left guard. Rosengarten is our best lineman already, and Bain has been decent.

I'm a little worried about Kirkland being 30 lbs heavier than last year and not fully healthy. Feels like a risk playing him.

If a heavy, slow footed, kinda injured Kirkland is the reason Penix gets hurt for the year that will be the most Huskie thing ever. FYFMFE
    Script
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

dannarc said:

He basically said the focus is keeping Washington kids home and dominating California. He noted that the 5-star kids that USC wants will stay home. So what. How many five-star players does UW ever get from anywhere, let alone Southern California. Yet even still, there is so much talent there that UW should be able to stock its program with great players (a lot of them need a year or two in the program to develop -- that's going to be where DeBoner earns his keep).

He didn't really say anything that was surprising or worrisome, imho. It was basically a story about how he's gotten to where he is and why he's at Washington. The dude is confident. And the article noted the staff booted Glenn down to director of player development while making the Oregon guy (Henkle?) director of recruiting and a former Michigan guy as director of scouting. Bruce Harrell's daughter is director of on-campus recruiting.

So it sounds like the grown ups are in charge. (Except in the AD's chair, and until that changes, I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I'm doogin more than I have since Peterman first came on board.)

feels like all the 5*s we? get dont turn out to be 5*s when they get on the field.

maybe its coaching, maybe rankings are shit, maybe abundance?
    Reggie Williams and Shaq Thompson panned out.

Huard probably won’t.
    Smalls never should have been a 5*. That was obvious to everyone except the dawgman guys and tbsr’s that Jack off to rankings.

I can’t think of any others. Kasen williams and Buddha baker were fringe guys that ended up 4*.
    Wasn't Kavario Middleton one of the highest ranked recruits of all time to UW? He was a top50 national player.
    Ended as a 4*. He actually had legit talent. No drive or discipline though. He should have made millions.
    Great hands but he probably always ran about a 5.0 40. Not sure he was fast enough to be truly special.
    Fans go to games. Cynics complain.

For regular posters here, seems like a cynic to fan ratio of about 5 to 1.

Oh but I've been sooo burned by PETERMAN, Jen is the WORST, DOOGS SUCK, the Athletic Department is SOO INCOMPETENT.

Get over yourself and go to the game. I swear the old guard here acts like a bunch of too cool adolescents. I'm sure there are some here so jaded that they actually want UW to LOSE on Saturday, but I'm not sure that's many. How about admit that you'd like us to win and get your lazy ass to the game. And quit with the "I've been so heartbroken I just can't care anymore". Seriously, that's your mental toughness level? GET to the GAME.

And yeah, this isn't Softy, isn't Jen, isn't anyone other than a fan whose hung around on this board long enough to feel the need to call your BS. Yes, you.
    @UW_Doog_Bot
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,437
    chuck said:

I'm skeptical about Kirkland too. I think Rosengarten could be the best lineman right now, but Fautanu is right there. He's probably a better guard prospect than tackle, but I have serious doubts that Kirkland can play LT as well as Fautanu.
    Penix and Huard are lefties, so the RT protects the blindside. Fitting that our best OL plays there
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

I'm skeptical about Kirkland too. I think Rosengarten could be the best lineman right now, but Fautanu is right there. He's probably a better guard prospect than tackle, but I have serious doubts that Kirkland can play LT as well as Fautanu.
    I think Fautanu, at this point, is the best OL. Rosengarten is solid. Let's see how he holds up against Michigan State. Fautanu played really well the second half of last year when he came in for Kirkland.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was surprised by how small our OL looked in comparison to both last year and the MSU DL. We’ve shed weight which probably helped our pass protrude to increased speed. But lost push on power blocking for the rush. Just a thought.