Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    “I grade effort, not results” - the most apt description of Husky recruiting I’ve ever seen.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just a month into the job and HowlingDoog has already reached Kim levels of delusional self importance and is quoting himself

He’s always been worse than Kim. Kim and the two butterballs are vastly superior to Howling Doog.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Just a month into the job and HowlingDoog has already reached Kim levels of delusional self importance and is quoting himself

He’s always been worse than Kim. Kim and the two butterballs are vastly superior to Howling Doog.
    #lemonquad?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How so? Howling Doog is a moronic dipshit but Lil Kim and Fat Fuck Fetters are such unbearable cunts that I can't imagine anyone being vastly inferior to them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How so? Howling Doog is a moronic dipshit but Lil Kim and Fat Fuck Fetters are such unbearable cunts that I can't imagine anyone being vastly inferior to them.
    I don’t have a good answer to that, but I’ve talked to HowlingDoog before and he’s a strange guy.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,867
    Founders Club

I don’t have a good answer to that, but I’ve talked to HowlingDoog before and he’s a strange guy.
    Same.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    One thing I've noticed is that DB recruiting seems to continue to be in free fall. Things were terrible under Terrence and Willip but it appears that "Juice" Brown hasn't really corrected the trend. Every weekend it seems we are throwing out an offer to a new unranked CB for the 2023 class.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

One thing I've noticed is that DB recruiting seems to continue to be in free fall. Things were terrible under Terrence and Willip but it appears that "Juice" Brown hasn't really corrected the trend. Every weekend it seems we are throwing out an offer to a new unranked CB for the 2023 class.

Definitely appears very clear that we have half a staff that can recruit and has some momentum and then half a staff that is a disaster
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Definitely appears very clear that we have half a staff that can recruit and has some momentum and then half a staff that is a disaster
    Besides Shepherd, who else has been above average in recruiting so far?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

I’m trying to be positive … but half is likely being generous

RB seems like we got at least a JAG … that’s better than other spots

LB hasn’t been too bad
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Inge seems to be doing good. I like the RB commit, but can’t even remember who the RB coach is.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Inge seems to be doing good. I like the RB commit, but can’t even remember who the RB coach is.
    Marks. I think he will be decent. Amazingly, Schmidt also seems to be liked by recruits.

There were a few guys who visited this week, and over the next few weeks that we have a decent shot with who are pretty damn good, and the kind of recruit we can get. I really like this edge player, Jaeden Moore and the DL Trey Wilson who just visited. Next week we have TE Brock Bowers. It's rumored the qb who just visited is down to us and Kansas State (per somebody on the discord) but came in as a heavy Kansas State lean.

If we can pull in some of these guys, things will be looking up. If we start getting mystery commits from guys we didn't even know had offers and haven't visited, it's going to be a rough go of it.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the recruiting is giving you half a staff, huh?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Marks. I think he will be decent. Amazingly, Schmidt also seems to be liked by recruits.

There were a few guys who visited this week, and over the next few weeks that we have a decent shot with who are pretty damn good, and the kind of recruit we can get. I really like this edge player, Jaeden Moore and the DL Trey Wilson who just visited. Next week we have TE Brock Bowers. It's rumored the qb who just visited is down to us and Kansas State (per somebody on the discord) but came in as a heavy Kansas State lean.

If we can pull in some of these guys, things will be looking up. If we start getting mystery commits from guys we didn't even know had offers and haven't visited, it's going to be a rough go of it.
    Getting the QB, Jaeden Moore (insane production), and Brock Bowers would have thing looking pretty damn good.

DeBoer should be able to sell that QB to choose us over Kansas State, even tho he is from Kansas.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Getting the QB, Jaeden Moore (insane production), and Brock Bowers would have thing looking pretty damn good.

DeBoer should be able to sell that QB to choose us over Kansas State, even tho he is from Kansas.
    KState runs an offense that is similar to what Jimmy wanted. Ground and pound, heavy TE packages. Obviously it looks better than what UW trotted out because Klieman is waaaay better at running a program and managing that preferred style than Jimmy was. KDB should be able to sell his freer offense to this kid. Unless the kid just shits silver and pisses purple.
  • Options
    SlimDawgSlimDawg Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Do they like Avery Johnson more than Lincoln Kienholz?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Also sounds like we're getting a commitment from Puyallup edge rusher Jacob Lane.

I dont know anything about him except in his 247 profile picture, it looks like he has a Dumb and Dumber Jim Carrey bowl cut