Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is considered "Success" for DeBoner?

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
I'm going to simplify this by stating the minimum bar to clear before any others for "Success" has to be winning the North. Everything else would follow after clearing that hurdle. What is a realistic expectation for that?

Sorry, not sorry, no Jock Lackner Holiday Bowl championships here and your a fucking doog if all you care about is BONEM or winning a shitty Apple Cup.

Per Iron laws anymore than 3 years is fucking door ass out guaranteed.

What is considered "Success" for DeBoner? 97 votes

Win the North year 1
43%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonHouhuskySwayewhlinderPurpleBazeRoadDawg55dtdAtomicDawg79smoothdawgUWhuskytskeetTheHBDoogleshaieGrundleStiltzkinwhatshouldicareaboutEsophagealFecesEwaDawgAlexisdoogville 42 votes
Win the North year 2
30%
DerekJohnsonMelloDawgFire_Marshall_BillPostGameOrangeSlicesGladstonedncno_uhchuckTequillabiak1HFNYDoogmanRefundWilburHooksHandsspudenlouism2washIce_HolmvikfouchpotatoBleachedAnusDawgRDRtheLSkid 30 votes
Win the North year 3
4%
BonerArcMobeyB4AssholesDoug 4 votes
BONEM Holiday Bowel Champions (I'm a fucking doog)
1%
Edwin_Bambino 1 vote
I just want clean games where everyone has fun
9%
BennyBeaverMad_SonGreenRiverGatorzNeighbor2972TheDawgFan1227dannarc1to392831weretakenNoWarningJustDawg46XiJCAB 9 votes
Janet Reno/Other
11%
iDawgdigitsalumni94AEBntxduckLebamDawgFireCohenFear_BonerJoeEDangerouslyCanadawgAOG 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Win the North year 2
    I’ll give him a year to get Jimmy’s guys in there but we should win the north year 2
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    I say year 1 because of the looming possible dumpster fire at Oregon. Lots of decommits and who knows how many may portal

I think if Deboner is the guy he will take what is here and the portal and be the tallest midget year 1
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1

I’ll give him a year to get Jimmy’s guys in there but we should win the north year 2

So the question then becomes what do you expect out of him in year 1?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    Houhusky said:

Oregon - new coaching staff
    WSU - new coaching staff
    OSU - its the Babushka beavers
    Cal - its fucking Cal
    Stanford - lol

Winning the north shouldn't be fucking hard. Oregon is the only other team that MIGHT be a top 25 team.

We can all pray that Cal is searching for a new coach as well after he bolts for Oregon.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,485
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Janet Reno/Other
    Avoid scandals, field a well organized and recruited team, don't lose to FCS teams, always make it look like things are improving. Collect millions.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Win the North year 1
    BONEM!
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Win the North year 2
    The team just went 4-8… if DeBoer finishes above .500 and wins his bowl game, I’ll consider that a successful first season and my expectations will jumpy significantly for year 2.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Win the North year 1

The team just went 4-8… if DeBoer finishes above .500 and wins his bowl game, I’ll consider that a successful first season and my expectations will jumpy significantly for year 2.

fag
  • Options
    Win the North year 2

fag
    Prepare to be disappointed buddy. It’s going to be a rebuilding year. Set your expectations too high and you’ll hate DeBoer before you have to.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Win the North year 1

I'm gonna choose not to base my 2022 expectations on 2021. Don't really know what to expect, but I'm choosing to repress all memories of 2021. Blank slate.
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Win the North year 2

This would be better than petersens first two seasons

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Win the North year 1

fag
    Prepare to be disappointed buddy. It’s going to be a rebuilding year. Set your expectations too high and you’ll hate DeBoer before you have to.
    Good. You're a fag. Win or gtfo, it's not hard to win here with our current roster.
  • Options
    Win the North year 2

fag
    Good. You're a fag. Win or gtfo, it's not hard to win here with our current roster.
    Jimmy Lake fucked this team in the ass. Hard.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 785
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Win the North year 1
    We have Karen Ramming working for us and ten other Pac 12 programs can't say that.