Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is considered "Success" for DeBoner?

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Win the North year 2

The team just went 4-8… if DeBoer finishes above .500 and wins his bowl game, I’ll consider that a successful first season and my expectations will jumpy significantly for year 2.

fag
    Prepare to be disappointed buddy. It’s going to be a rebuilding year. Set your expectations too high and you’ll hate DeBoer before you have to.
    Good. You're a fag. Win or gtfo, it's not hard to win here with our current roster.
    A lot of the talented four stars on the roster looked like shit this year. There’s a real chance the team isn’t as talented as you think it is or based on the “blue chip” ratio
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Win the North year 1

The team just went 4-8… if DeBoer finishes above .500 and wins his bowl game, I’ll consider that a successful first season and my expectations will jumpy significantly for year 2.

fag
    Prepare to be disappointed buddy. It’s going to be a rebuilding year. Set your expectations too high and you’ll hate DeBoer before you have to.
    Good. You're a fag. Win or gtfo, it's not hard to win here with our current roster.
    A lot of the talented four stars on the roster looked like shit this year. There’s a real chance the team isn’t as talented as you think it is or based on the “blue chip” ratio
    or they just had a retarded head coach
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno/Other
    I dont like static goals like "win by year X". Everyone hated 2018 where we went to the rose bowl but were just pretty good.

I want them to play well enough to be a top 15 team every year with a slip up once every few years. If they are a good team and USC or Stanford put together a great year I can deal with but I can't handle looking like a 8-4 team that squeaks out a North Championship
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Win the North year 2
    I think it’s insane to ask any coach to win the conference in year 1. The caveat being Oregon is also going to have a new coach, so we could easily win. But I’ll give it a year until it’s fire everyone.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,396
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Win the North year 1

fag
    Hey perhaps it was shitty coaching. Food for thought.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Win the North year 1
    OreDawg said:

I think it’s insane to ask any coach to win the conference in year 1. The caveat being Oregon is also going to have a new coach, so we could easily win. But I’ll give it a year until it’s fire everyone.

I get you're point but that is the minimum definition of success. Any year. You win your little group of teams and then you are minimally successful.

He may not win the north his first year but that has to be the expectation.

End of discussion.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 2
    The door may be at its most open next season, and I think UW has a chance. It just doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation to go from 4-8 (easily could've/should've been 2-10) to any kind of title.

I'll still be pissed with every loss even though I expect 3-5 of them.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I just want clean games where everyone has fun

fag
    Jimmy Lake fucked this team in the ass. Hard.
    Then put some ice on it and get the fuck back out there
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Win the North year 1
    If Jimmy lake can win the north in year one, DeBoer has it in him. Get it done.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    Lot of doogin’ in these parts.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Win the North year 1
    Our division sucks, and the cupboard isn't bare in terms of talent. Unless the QB transfer market doesn't pan out and Huard sucks, we should absolutely be competing for and probably winning the divison.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Janet Reno/Other
    Beat Oregon nothing else matters
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    OreDawg said:

We said north, you said conference. Hth.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,278
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just want clean games where everyone has fun
    A winning record and winning a shitty bowel game is a good place to start for DeBoner. Should see marked improvement the first two seasons, then expectations can rise on yr 3. He needs to get his type of guy in there too, so LIPO as they say....again....
  • Options
    ArcArc Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 112
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 3
    I want to be optimistic, but I won't doog out this time. I think the damage from Lake's recruiting will take some time to repair, so I don't see us winning the North until year 3. I don't think Oregon is going to have as big of a drop off as we all hope for, so might just have to wait for DeBoer to get his guys in there.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Win the North year 1
    Win the north or GTFO. Excuses are for losers.