Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is considered "Success" for DeBoner?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 2
    I dont think Lake's recruiting can be an excuse. The roster will still be loaded with Pete recruits next year and even the one after. DeBoer should be able to make use of the roster and the portal and make the transition pretty smooth in terms of personnel.

I'm more concerned about the lack of development that's gone on. S&C has been nonexistent for two years now. That's where the reclamation project lies.
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Win the North year 2

The team just went 4-8… if DeBoer finishes above .500 and wins his bowl game, I’ll consider that a successful first season and my expectations will jumpy significantly for year 2.

fag
    Prepare to be disappointed buddy. It’s going to be a rebuilding year. Set your expectations too high and you’ll hate DeBoer before you have to.
    Good. You're a fag. Win or gtfo, it's not hard to win here with our current roster.
    A lot of the talented four stars on the roster looked like shit this year. There’s a real chance the team isn’t as talented as you think it is or based on the “blue chip” ratio
    Hey perhaps it was shitty coaching. Food for thought.
    Perhaps our cup runneth over with overrated 4 stars and shitty coaching??
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,368
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    Anything less than winning the North in 2022 in what looks to be a weak-ass year is a failure.

Doogs looking for excuses already.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Win the North year 1
    If a VP gets hired over a major division do they get to miss financial targets for a year while they figure it out? Um, not at any successful company. When you get paid big money results are expected. Not in two years, but now. Win or GTFO, same as it ever was. This place is full of doogs (new version) now. Have some fucking standards. Christ.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    I just want clean games where everyone has fun
    Arc said:

I want to be optimistic, but I won't doog out this time. I think the damage from Lake's recruiting will take some time to repair, so I don't see us winning the North until year 3. I don't think Oregon is going to have as big of a drop off as we all hope for, so might just have to wait for DeBoer to get his guys in there.

Deboner isn't worth much if it takes him that long. Even Sark could've gotten it done by year 3 in this current iteration of the north with no prime Kelly and Harbaugh to cut him in half.

I'm sure the talent that's still here isn't anywhere near what the blue chip ratio would otherwise suggest, but it's still leagues better than four of the other pansies in this division, and Oregon is now a school for cucks and is almost guaranteed to hire a half retard to run the program.

So fill in the gaps with the portal, work some Haener magic on Huard or some other limp corpse, and run train on this midget conference. Or fuck off and make room for someone who can.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno/Other
    Win the North and the conference year 3
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    chuck said:

I dont think Lake's recruiting can be an excuse. The roster will still be loaded with Pete recruits next year and even the one after. DeBoer should be able to make use of the roster and the portal and make the transition pretty smooth in terms of personnel.

I'm more concerned about the lack of development that's gone on. S&C has been nonexistent for two years now. That's where the reclamation project lies.

I'm hearing we just don't know the damage that Ty did. We just don't.
  • Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Win the North year 3
    dannarc said:

I just want a competitive team that shows grit and determination, it doesn't matter how many games they win, as long as the kids are having fun and doing their best. If Oregon wins the north again, I really hope our AD shows support and generosity and doesn't send a good luck, we're rooting for you tweet, but take it a step farther and fly down to Eugene and hand deliver a gift basket to Phil Knight.

Yes and makes sure she's wearing the leopard skin.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Janet Reno/Other
    Swaye said:

Win the north or GTFO. Excuses are for losers.

Well good thing for UW, we are losers
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    Swaye said:

If a VP gets hired over a major division do they get to miss financial targets for a year while they figure it out? Um, not at any successful company. When you get paid big money results are expected. Not in two years, but now. Win or GTFO, same as it ever was. This place is full of doogs (new version) now. Have some fucking standards. Christ.

A lot of these dm doogtards don't seem to be able to understand the difference between "success" and "it takes tim".

I *probably won't call for his firing if the team goes 7-6 and wins the rice-a-roni red box bowl but that's also not "success".

I'd allow "it takes tim" mainly because we have no proven commodity at QB still.
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1

Swaye said:

A lot of these dm doogtards don't seem to be able to understand the difference between "success" and "it takes tim".

I *probably won't call for his firing if the team goes 7-6 and wins the rice-a-roni red box bowl but that's also not "success".

I'd allow "it takes tim" mainly because we have no proven commodity at QB still.
    I'm hearing that's his thing. If he's good, he'll find one. If that takes tim, he's shitty.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    alumni94 said:

Natty or get the fuck out.

While I love the sentiment I'm pretty sure for that to happen we'd have to pull the old EA NCAA Xbox trick of taking over and torpedoing other teams games to even get considered for the CFP after this year's shitstain season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 2

chuck said:

I'm not sure if you're mocking me for making an excuse, but you shouldn't be. S&C is a train wreck and we all just saw it. That doesn't mean that I don't expect it to be fixed over the course of 9 months. I was just saying that S&C is a bigger issue than talent on the roster, which I don't believe is very limiting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I'm not sure if you're mocking me for making an excuse, but you shouldn't be. S&C is a train wreck and we all just saw it. That doesn't mean that I don't expect it to be fixed over the course of 9 months. I was just saying that S&C is a bigger issue than talent on the roster, which I don't believe is very limiting.
    I was agreeing with you while mocking all the other people citing recruiting. Straight out of the Sark excuse book.

This team very well may have managed a shit stain 6-6 and shitty bowl berth if Jimmy had stayed to the end yet people are making excuses that the team can't be expected to do that well next year with a supposed coaching upgrade.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 2

chuck said:

chuck said:

I was agreeing with you while mocking all the other people citing recruiting. Straight out of the Sark excuse book.

This team very well may have managed a shit stain 6-6 and shitty bowl berth if Jimmy had stayed to the end yet people are making excuses that the team can't be expected to do that well next year with a supposed coaching upgrade.
    9-10 wins doesn't seem out of reach to me if the staff does a good job. I know depth and options are needed, but I expect Huard to get fixed and be the guy. There are a lot of other thing that have looked like refried shit that also have to be turned around in order to get there. I expect all of those things to happen.

I didn't predict a king in the north crown for next year, but 9-10 wins is probably enough to do it. I'll be let down if it doesn't happen, and will go into year two concerned about the staff.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,278
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just want clean games where everyone has fun
    My post dig come across as doogish, however, winning the p12 north in yr two should be expected. This team is riddled with ineptitude now...More ass, more tits, and more winning
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Janet Reno/Other
    9-4 > 7-6
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Win the North year 1
    Oregon showed that the North is shit.

Win the North year 1.

Ending in absolutely bludgeoning cuoglet in Pulltab.