Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Athlon's Coaches Ranking & note to JohnBSF

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PGOS is wooshing this board.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Doogles said:

He got me really good if that's the case. Although I'm easy to whoosh.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

That's a lot of effort if he is.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

His work this offseason would say otherwise.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

You always were CollegeDoog's lackey...I can see why you wouldn't like my posts
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014

brchco12 said:

Leach aint so shitty at #28 either

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it
    You're approaching PL_SS territory with this shit.
    So PL_SS is coherent and is able to hold an argument? That's news to me.

Now let's take a look at the Coogs 2014 schedule

Aug. 28 – Rutgers (The Seattle Game) W
    Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 13 – Portland State W
    Sept. 20 – Oregon L, though this could be interesting...
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 4 – California (Homecoming) W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Oct. 25 – Arizona (Dad’s Weekend) W
    Nov. 1 – USC W, Sark is going to get fucking wrecked in this game, I know it
    Nov. 8 – at Oregon State W, Riley is done
    Nov. 15 – Bye
    Nov. 22 – at Arizona State W/L, tossup...ASU loses their entire defense and Taylor Kelly is a bitch
    Nov. 29 – Washington (Apple Cup) W/L

I honestly see the Coogs winning 8-9 games next year

You do realize Utah is at altitude?

I see them blowing Utah or OSU.
    I could see @ Utah being a tricky game, but Riley has fucking jumped the shark.

70-0 against Sark at home last year....are you fucking kidding me?

The conference has gotten too good for Riley to keep pace
    How can you say WSU is better than Oregon State. What is that based on?

WSU has a much better coach. I've stated numerous times I think Riley's days are numbered.

If you are a legitimate coach, you don't let Seven Win Steve come into your house, with a backup QB, and rape you to death.
    But what about losing to this guy at home?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Embree
    that was a disaster, but Leach is in his third year now. They are going to be more consistent.

Mike Leach career conference record at Texas Tech.

Year 1: 3-5
    Year 2: 4-4
    Year 3: 5-3
    Year 4: 4-4
    Year 5: 5-3
    Year 6: 6-2
    Year 7: 4-4
    Year 8: 4-4
    Year 9: 7-1
    Year 10: 5-3

Minus one year out of 10 he looks pretty mediocre to me. I think Leach will always be consistently inconsistent. There was a reason why I didn't want him at all in 2008 when the coaching search was going on.
    Those are really fucking good conference records for Texas Tech.
    Year before Leach took over Texas Tech went 5-3 in conference, year prior to that they went 4-4, year prior went 5-3, year prior 5-3.

So the program was mediocrity prior to his arrival. They fell apart after he left but that had more to do with bad coaching hires.
    Leach and the dude before him were the two best coaches in the history of that program
    I see no one is going to repute this point. Not surprising

Leach has a history of turning shithole, backwater programs into dangerous ones. He will have his moment in the sun.

• Options

Doogles said:

That's one of the worst insults you can be called on here. I'd rather be called a cumdumpster than that.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

I'm really not. Leach is a solid coach who is going to finish first in the North before 2020. Feel free to agree or disagree, but the Leach convo is definitely the most interesting football talk ive taken part in on this board for a while.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

brchco12 said:

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it

Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Nov. 15 – Bye
    Nov. 22 – at Arizona State W/L, tossup...ASU loses their entire defense and Taylor Kelly is a bitch

WSU has a much better coach. I've stated numerous times I think Riley's days are numbered.

If you are a legitimate coach, you don't let Seven Win Steve come into your house, with a backup QB, and rape you to death.

that was a disaster, but Leach is in his third year now. They are going to be more consistent.

Minus one year out of 10 he looks pretty mediocre to me. I think Leach will always be consistently inconsistent. There was a reason why I didn't want him at all in 2008 when the coaching search was going on.
    Year before Leach took over Texas Tech went 5-3 in conference, year prior to that they went 4-4, year prior went 5-3, year prior 5-3.

So the program was mediocrity prior to his arrival. They fell apart after he left but that had more to do with bad coaching hires.
    Leach and the dude before him were the two best coaches in the history of that program

Leach has a history of turning shithole, backwater programs into dangerous ones. He will have his moment in the sun.

Despite you bagging on them, I think Riley and OSU's success would be a nice accomplishment for Leach. Make a bowl most seasons, with a 9 win season sprinkled in every 4 or 5 years. There will also be 4 and 5 win seasons mixed in.

• Options

Doogles said:

I'm really not. Leach is a solid coach who is going to finish first in the North before 2020. Feel free to agree or disagree, but the Leach convo is definitely the most interesting football talk ive taken part in on this board for a while.
    Will he win the North with a 7-5 record?
  • Options

Doogles said:

I don't like your posts because you never 'get it'. And yes, having a massive hard-on for a coach that lost to Colorado State in the most humiliating way possible to finish 6-7 is PL_SS/Lambo territory.
  • Options
    Sark after every loss will make a reference towards sanctions. "You know it's tough to win when the opposing team has a full roster of 85 scholarship guys while we don't have that. I'm not making excuses because you know dude I don't do that. It's tough to win when you don't have a full roster though. It's a challenge for sure bro but I welcome challenges and won't use this as an excuse"- Sark loves to passive aggressively say he won't be making excuses as he is doing just that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

I don't like your posts because you never 'get it'.
    You don't like my posts because I made your gay lover CollegeDoog look like the idiot that he is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark after every loss will make a reference towards sanctions. "You know it's tough to win when the opposing team has a full roster of 85 scholarship guys while we don't have that. I'm not making excuses because you know dude I don't do that. It's tough to win when you don't have a full roster though. It's a challenge for sure bro but I welcome challenges and won't use this as an excuse"- Sark loves to passive aggressively say he won't be making excuses as he is doing just that.

Guarantee the lack of depth will come up as an excuse next year in a Sark post game presser.
  • Options

Doogles said:

I don't like your posts because you never 'get it'.
    You don't like my posts because I made your gay lover CollegeDoog look like the idiot that he is.
    Case in point, you're feeling trapped after shitting the bed in this thread and feel the need to lash out.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I agree but also, i like leach. He won me over when he locked that little queer in the closet for being a bitch. He tells shit like it is and he isnt PC nor worried about what people say. The cougs will be a fun team to watch and beat the fuck out of once a year, maybe twice. Im all for UW and WSU dominating the pac. Fuck all the other states
  • Options
    Founders Club

brchco12 said:

Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Nov. 15 – Bye

Despite you bagging on them, I think Riley and OSU's success would be a nice accomplishment for Leach. Make a bowl most seasons, with a 9 win season sprinkled in every 4 or 5 years. There will also be 4 and 5 win seasons mixed in.

Riley has done a tremendous overall job at Oregon State, don't get me wrong.

I just think he is declining. That UW game last year was just unreal, and OSU was 5-1 before cooging their season (granted, it was a backloaded schedule, but they looked like fucking shit).

The conference is upgrading while Riley keeps being Riley.
  • Options

Guarantee the lack of depth will come up as an excuse next year in a Sark post game presser.
    Of course he will and he'll say it in a way like I just wrote. He won't come out and say it but he'll dance around it. Just like he never blamed 0-12 necessarily but he danced around it so his minions can pick up on it to do it for him.

Problem is unlike up here down in LA their media won't protect him. It was an unpopular hire to begin with so they won't let him fall back on that excuse.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Doogles said:

He tells shit like it is and he isnt PC nor worried about what people say.
    That pretty much sums up why I like the guy, as well.

Plus, I can't hate WSU. I like WSU. You don't hate your little brother.