Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Athlon's Coaches Ranking & note to JohnBSF

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Leach aint so shitty at #28 either

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it
    He'll be lucky to finish second. He's clearly a worse coach than Petersen or Shaw, both of whom are at better programs with infinitely better resources. Then you have Oregon who may or may not have a drecky coach but if they do they won't keep him long and will be back in the mix very quickly.

Outside of Pat Haden, Leach is the biggest victim of Sark's move. He has no chance in the division now, none.
    He might finish 2nd this year, depending on how much Slingblade has sunk Oregon
    I would love for that to happen, but no fucking way he finishes ahead of UW or Stanford this year, and highly unlikely ahead of the quooks.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it
    He'll be lucky to finish second. He's clearly a worse coach than Petersen or Shaw, both of whom are at better programs with infinitely better resources. Then you have Oregon who may or may not have a drecky coach but if they do they won't keep him long and will be back in the mix very quickly.

Outside of Pat Haden, Leach is the biggest victim of Sark's move. He has no chance in the division now, none.
    Why do you hate callbacks to previous threads?
    It was a callback to his own his statement. Not self parody, he clearly believes it.
    I still think the material is a Sarkastic trolling effort.
  • Options

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

He will be lucky to finish 4th this year.

this
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Why do you hate callbacks to previous threads?
    It was a callback to his own his statement. Not self parody, he clearly believes it.
    I still think the material is a Sarkastic trolling effort.
    Well fuck me if that's the case, I've been severely whoooooooooooooooooooooooooshed
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

We will see. They are going to score a lot of fucking points
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The leach script is that he'll upset one of the top 3 teams in the league, but not win it.

The pac-12 north is a pretty damn strong sub division of coaches
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

So will UW and Oregon. Stanford is easily better. They are fighting Oregon State for fourth.

• Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

So will UW and Oregon. Stanford is easily better. They are fighting Oregon State for fourth.

Furd is gonna take a big step back next year..COOK IT
  • Options

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Shaw > Leach

With a bullet

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

I felt like we've been saying this for five years now. They are also recruiting at a high level. Do I think they'll keep up this run of BCS appearances? Of course not. I do however think they won't go back to being the Stanford we all grew up on either.
  • Options

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

I felt like we've been saying this for five years now. They are also recruiting at a high level. Do I think they'll keep up this run of BCS appearances? Of course not. I do however think they won't go back to being the Stanford we all grew up on either.
    This
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I could see Stanford settling into a nice 8-4 or 9-3 niche with 5-7 conference wins each year. I don't think that they'll go back to being a dreckfest. They've unlocked a niche that they are able to capitalize on.

I think Shaw's a good but not great coach. I think that part of his success so far has come from what he walked into. While they've certainly been good the last couple of years, they weren't as good as the Harbaugh teams.

There's no way that Stanford would have lost the Rose Bowl to Sparty if Harbaugh was the coach. Shaw got coached circles around by Dantonio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Kim and other Doogs are probably upset that Sark is 44th. I did chuckle that MacIntyre was immediately behind him.
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2014

Kim and other Doogs are probably upset that Sark is 44th. I did chuckle that MacIntyre was immediately behind him.

Athlon must not have seen the pole. Although I hear a bunch of San Jose State trolls skewed the results.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Shaw > Leach

With a bullet

Shaw took over for Harbaugh, one of the better coaches in America. I'm not trying to discredit what Shaw had done at all -- far from it, he is definitely one of the better coaches in the conference. However, he had the blueprint for how to win at Stanford right in front of him for 3 years. All he had to do was keep the ball rolling.

Leach had been sitting on a fucking pirate ship whackin it for 3 years, comes to Pullman, WA, and nearly instantly makes the Cougars resemble a competitive football team. Leach doesn't fuck around. He may not make the best in-game decisions 100% of the time, but he holds his players accountable. He won't be satisfied with mediocrity just because they're poor ole Wazzu, he will fucking whip the players until they perform how he wants.

Since everyone else has made one, here is my Pac 12 Coaching Rankings:

1) Peterman (he has a better body of work than any other coach in the conference, nuff said on dat)

2) Shaw

3) Mora

4) Rodriguez
    5) Leach
    6) Graham

4-6 could easily be rearranged, didn't feel like Auburndooging it

7) Slingblade

8) Riley

9) Whittingham

10) Sark

11) McIntyre

12) Cal

• Options
    Founders Club
    Now let's take a look at the Coogs 2014 schedule

Aug. 28 – Rutgers (The Seattle Game) W
    Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 13 – Portland State W
    Sept. 20 – Oregon L, though this could be interesting...
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 4 – California (Homecoming) W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Oct. 25 – Arizona (Dad’s Weekend) W
    Nov. 1 – USC W, Sark is going to get fucking wrecked in this game, I know it
    Nov. 8 – at Oregon State W, Riley is done
    Nov. 15 – Bye
    Nov. 22 – at Arizona State W/L, tossup...ASU loses their entire defense and Taylor Kelly is a bitch
    Nov. 29 – Washington (Apple Cup) W/L

I honestly see the Coogs winning 8-9 games next year
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Nov. 15 – Bye
    Nov. 22 – at Arizona State W/L, tossup...ASU loses their entire defense and Taylor Kelly is a bitch

You think WSU is two tossup games away from 10-2 next year? And they will win every P-12 South game (ASU being the only questionable game, and a tossup at that)?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sept. 6 – at Nevada W
    Sept. 27 – at Utah W
    Oct. 10 – at Stanford L
    Oct. 18 – Bye
    Nov. 15 – Bye

You do realize Utah is at altitude?

I see them blowing Utah or OSU.