Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Athlon's Coaches Ranking & note to JohnBSF

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
here's the Athlon ranking for 2014
athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-coaches-2014

JohnbFS can resume the search for his gas can and matches

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    13 is lower than Petersen is normally ranked on these type of lists. I've seen him as high as third or fourth. I do think you need to see him at a big conference before ranking him that high.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

13 is lower than Petersen is normally ranked on these type of lists. I've seen him as high as third or fourth. I do think you need to see him at a big conference before ranking him that high.

People are waiting for things to LIPO a bit, I think.

When Peterman wins 10 games this year he'll be back in the top 5
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm more comfortable with him in the low teens. I think he's damn good, but I think there is some risk with Petersen that you wouldn't have with the top 6 or 8 guys, at least.

The reason I love the hire so much is the upside is there for this to be a legit top 5 coach in the nation. I don't think we can call him that just yet though.

I'm gonna need to see a championship.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

I'm more comfortable with him in the low teens. I think he's damn good, but I think there is some risk with Petersen that you wouldn't have with the top 6 or 8 guys, at least.

The reason I love the hire so much is the upside is there for this to be a legit top 5 coach in the nation. I don't think we can call him that just yet though.

I'm gonna need to see a championship.
    Definitely agree. On the flip side, I wouldn't trade Petersen for Briles, Spurrier, Bill Snyder, or James Franklin. After Saban, Meyer, and maybe Stoops, I think Petersen can hold his own with anyone, but it's time to LIPO and see how he does at UW.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    LOL at Helfrich being the 11th best coach in the PAC ... which actually kind of feels right in what I saw last year.
  • Options
    There are few coaches that I would want on that list higher than Petersen.

I'm not convinced that Briles is a GREAT coach yet. Likewise with James Franklin. Lots of old coaches on the list.

I agree with the thought that Petersen probably shouldn't be ranked in the Top 5-10 coaches at this point ... but he easily could push onto that list. And as we know, a Top 5 in the country coach at Washington means that you can win at a high, high level.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Leach aint so shitty at #28 either
  • Options
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it
  • Options
    Disagree - Leach isn't going to win the North ... but he'll have a handful of years where he's in it in November ... which still makes him better than Sark.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

brchco12 said:

Not surprised. Leach is going to win the Pac12 north at least once before he is done at WSU, cook it
    He'll be lucky to finish second. He's clearly a worse coach than Petersen or Shaw, both of whom are at better programs with infinitely better resources. Then you have Oregon who may or may not have a drecky coach but if they do they won't keep him long and will be back in the mix very quickly.

Outside of Pat Haden, Leach is the biggest victim of Sark's move. He has no chance in the division now, none.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "So why again are there so many idiots out there thinking that Sark was so fucking great and that Petersen is a step back? "

Perhaps you issued the kick ass presser and last years spring circus...

*sizzle.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    brchco12 said:

The state of washington went from Sark and Wulff to Pete and Leach over the last two years, the two best hires possible for the state

This. Petersen is exactly what UW needed, Leach is exactly what WSU needed.

Hopefully UW and WSU finish first and second in the north more years than they don't. I want the winner of the Apple Cup to be going to the P12 title game every year.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

brchco12 said:

He'll be lucky to finish second. He's clearly a worse coach than Petersen or Shaw, both of whom are at better programs with infinitely better resources. Then you have Oregon who may or may not have a drecky coach but if they do they won't keep him long and will be back in the mix very quickly.

Outside of Pat Haden, Leach is the biggest victim of Sark's move. He has no chance in the division now, none.
    Why do you hate callbacks to previous threads?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

brchco12 said:

He might finish 2nd this year, depending on how much Slingblade has sunk Oregon
  • Options
    edited April 2014

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Why do you hate callbacks to previous threads?
    It was a callback to his own his statement. Not self parody, he clearly believes it.