Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I think @sonics1993 mentioned his concern that a lot of mwc coaches just schlep all their mwc underlings with them to the next level. Whelp, doogitup.gif for being Fresno State North.

Yup. We are on Day 14 with Kalen, and this guy doesn't even have half his staff put together, had three decommits, no commits, and will most likely have 6-8 players transfer out before the winter Quarter. Great start
    Not having a staff in place is a bit concerning but the kids leaving agreed to play for Pete or Jimmy. KD gave them his speech and a bunch want out. Fine. The team just finished 4-8 and rolled over for Wazzu and took it up the ass. That’s enough for me to be fine with guys taking off. They all might be fine players somewhere else but they weren’t going to be that here. Good luck and peace out.
    That's fine, but you better be able to recruit to replace those players, and with the staff looking like it will be mostly his Fresno State staff, I have concerns about whether he will be able to do that.
    I remember the LPT being very vocal about recruiting concerns when Pete was hired and brought essentially his entire MWC coaching staff with him. Frankly I had the same concerns at the time.

Then they went out and closed and it didn't fucking matter where they came from. Turns out sales is sales. LIFPO.
    I don't thinl Deboer and his staff have that kind of cache lol.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Back to Back appearances in the Cheez-Whiz Bowl are my highest hopes at this point in the process. UW sucks until they don't. This one's gonna be awhile.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The mood swings in this thread. Good Christ.

Are you knew here?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think @sonics1993 mentioned his concern that a lot of mwc coaches just schlep all their mwc underlings with them to the next level. Whelp, doogitup.gif for being Fresno State North.

Yup. We are on Day 14 with Kalen, and this guy doesn't even have half his staff put together, had three decommits, no commits, and will most likely have 6-8 players transfer out before the winter Quarter. Great start
    Not having a staff in place is a bit concerning but the kids leaving agreed to play for Pete or Jimmy. KD gave them his speech and a bunch want out. Fine. The team just finished 4-8 and rolled over for Wazzu and took it up the ass. That’s enough for me to be fine with guys taking off. They all might be fine players somewhere else but they weren’t going to be that here. Good luck and peace out.
    That's fine, but you better be able to recruit to replace those players, and with the staff looking like it will be mostly his Fresno State staff, I have concerns about whether he will be able to do that.
    I remember the LPT being very vocal about recruiting concerns when Pete was hired and brought essentially his entire MWC coaching staff with him. Frankly I had the same concerns at the time.

Then they went out and closed and it didn't fucking matter where they came from. Turns out sales is sales. LIFPO.
    This is kind of revisionist at this poont. Pete DID actually end up having to replace staff because of recruiting and some of the remaining issues all the way to the end of his tenure were with being able to close high level recruits. Bob Gregory being probably the most egregious example.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Steinauer is denying contact or job hunting.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,831
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like we’re bringing #faithfamilyfootball , in that order, to Montlake! Might as well add Clay to the staff at this point, lord knows we have positions available

Are those the San Juan Islands in the background?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like we’re bringing #faithfamilyfootball , in that order, to Montlake! Might as well add Clay to the staff at this point, lord knows we have positions available

#LDS #BangBang has potential to be the new scoducks/wareagle
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,614
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I like his big toothy beaver smile ~ wish i had teeth like that
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    “I will not be the next head coach at LSU”
    Still not believing the guy, but if we haven’t even contacted him, I’m assuming Inge is coming at DC not as a pos coach..
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is kind of revisionist at this poont. Pete DID actually end up having to replace staff because of recruiting and some of the remaining issues all the way to the end of his tenure were with being able to close high level recruits. Bob Gregory being probably the most egregious example.
    Kind of. But I'm referring to Pete immediately coming on board and flipping Budda and keeping Mcagary home in his first two months on the job. Him and his staff then put together two top 30 classes in 2015 and 2016 before he started shifting away from guys like Pease (who just sucked period) and Strausser in favor of more recruiting-oriented coaches.

If Deboner can replicate something similar in his first two years, adjusted for now being able to sell a recent multi-year conference champion and CFP team compared to the pile of shit program Pete had to sell, then his recruiting will be deemed acceptable.