Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought he ded?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I liked Friends.. I still randomly yell 'pivot!' and 'MY SANDWICH!' at people during both appropriate and inappropriate times.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

What's up with you fags and the Seinfeld references? While the cool crowd was out banging beaver at parties on campus, you maroons were safe at home with your other cuntless friends watching and memorizing lines from Seinfeld on thursday nights (then recite them the next day after class with same said friends). Then after everybody went home, you'd crank up an episode of "friends" when nobody was watching. You know who you are. You still post stupid little Seinfeld youtube clips here every thread. Get over it already. No wonder you chimps are 40 and still single.

I think? I started that thread back in the day.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,130
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

The whoosh I experienced was very refreshing.

It’s ok. Happens to everyone. You simply can’t lurk or stalk enough to avoid it
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

TheHB said:

disagree
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,130
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

TheHB said:

disagree
    You would
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't suppose it would do any good to ask, but it would nice if we'd stop rosterbating about every kid that goes into the transfer portal. I don't want any of 'em.* It's a shitty way to build a roster with a bunch of guys that are, by and large, quitters. Run once, you never stop. I mean, if the coaches think they can help and understand the kid's situation, fine. But to openly lust after guys that couldn't hack it somewhere else is just weird.

*Exceptions apply, of course. QBs are a bit different, since only one plays, usually. Also guys whose coach left them, or who put in a new system that renders them kinda useless, etc. But some LB that couldn't play at USC? Pass. Some OL that couldn't play at Oregon AND is the kind of kid that bought into their "drip" bullshit in the first place? Hard pass.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    RealRhino said:

I don't suppose it would do any good to ask, but it would nice if we'd stop rosterbating about every kid that goes into the transfer portal. I don't want any of 'em.* It's a shitty way to build a roster with a bunch of guys that are, by and large, quitters. Run once, you never stop. I mean, if the coaches think they can help and understand the kid's situation, fine. But to openly lust after guys that couldn't hack it somewhere else is just weird.

*Exceptions apply, of course. QBs are a bit different, since only one plays, usually. Also guys whose coach left them, or who put in a new system that renders them kinda useless, etc. But some LB that couldn't play at USC? Pass. Some OL that couldn't play at Oregon AND is the kind of kid that bought into their "drip" bullshit in the first place? Hard pass.

eh, bookie was pretty good for us despite portalling. Jeremiah Martin was a non factor, but Polk flashed in his last two games. His TD against colorado was nice. I wouldn't be shocked if Polk is decent next year with Deboer and Haener.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bama was glad they got the wideout from Ohio State
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

Portal players are quitters who suck. Except for the ones who aren't. Yeah but still.
  • Options
    honeybadger40honeybadger40 Member Posts: 60
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

The portal has its place.

QBs and RBs are easy fills. Late bloomers dominating in lower leagues at small schools. Poaching good players fleeing sinking ships and coaching changes. Panic filling position group depth.

You(?) dont use the portal to grab benchwarmer quitters looking for more playing time.
    The portal is to CFB what free agency is to the NFL. It's used to fill roster holes due to drafting mistakes...in this case recruiting.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    DM reporting that FSU is keeping Kirby Moore and may hornswaggle Steinauer. Cohen stated to Vorel: "We realize now that Coach Donovan struggles on offense - but we're excited to probe his ceiling at DC."