Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• ToiletBowl1983ToiletBowl1983 Member Posts: 81

This is just step one in the return of Chimp Belly.

Other than Willie Oregon has a pretty good track record going back to Brooks

I know you guys hate Helfrich but still

The Helfrich hate among Duck fans is disgusting. I would love to see him come back as OC.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

The Helfrich hate among Duck fans is disgusting. I would love to see him come back as OC.
    The offense was fine. His downfall was his drop off in recruiting and his failure to hire a DC that was worth a shit. Allioti turned out to be better than most Duck fans thought.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    With Torretta he will aim his plane for Oregon and end up off course landing in Iowa and hiring the first person he meets.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Mad_Son said:

My glee over Mario leaving would quickly be overshadowed by Oregon hiring Fickell.

Fickell isn't leaving the midwest.

I don't think there's an obvious successor on the staff, including Moorhead. Don't forget the only time Oregon has had to make an external hire in the last 4 decades they ended up hiring Willie Taggart.
    Why would Fickell leave for Oregon when apparently he can skullfuck Touchdown Jesus and still get the Notre Dame job? He can also wait to take over Ohio State when Ryan Day goes to the NFL, gets caught with a live boy/dead girl, or loses to Michigan twice. Also, doubt Oregon would ever pursue him.

I do have a hot take: Willie Taggart would have been successful at Oregon. It’s not just that his offense went 6-1 averaging 52 points per game when Herbert was playing, with 290 passing/280 rushing. He gave guys rhabdo and inflated recruiting to pump-and-dump but he was good enough to succeed with Oregon’s built in support system. The momentum he could have generated with Herbert, that OL, WR recruiting, and a gruntled Leavitt defense. Wouldn’t have surprised me to see them do better in 2018 than with Mario, Awoyo, and checked (not choked) out Leavitt.

The rest isn’t related to the quoted comment, but just Noc stream of consciousness.

Anyway, if Mario leaves it will be interesting. I think Mario is simultaneously a shitty coach and a great coach. Overall winning % says he’s elite, recruiting says he’s elite, other programs wanting to hire him, etc. Watching the games and doing the math on the recruiting says he’s far from elite. That’s why I think it will be interesting, maybe the next guy is just good and not a Schrodinger’s coach.

If a new one is needed I’d prefer Mullen. Would be okay with Wilcox. I’d probably even be okay with Moorhead. Shit, maybe Brady Hoke could even be a good coach if given the right resources and support. I’d love to make someone better say no, make them say no with their families held hostage by Nike goons, but I know that Oregon isn’t on the make them say no level USC or LSU are at.

Long before seeing Notre Dame and Oklahoma get dad dicked I’ve been under no impression that Oregon is one of the few schools that is immune. I’m in my mid-30s and in the quarter century since I’ve been old enough to understand what the fuck is going on I’ve seen Oregon have two losing seasons and 18 seasons of 9+ wins. I know one bad hire can change the trajectory, but I’ve seen an oaf with a career record of 27-47 succeed here so its difficult for my imagination to see it being fucked up too bad.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Mad_Son said:

My glee over Mario leaving would quickly be overshadowed by Oregon hiring Fickell.

I don't think there's an obvious successor on the staff, including Moorhead. Don't forget the only time Oregon has had to make an external hire in the last 4 decades they ended up hiring Willie Taggart.
    Why would Fickell leave for Oregon when apparently he can skullfuck Touchdown Jesus and still get the Notre Dame job? He can also wait to take over Ohio State when Ryan Day goes to the NFL, gets caught with a live boy/dead girl, or loses to Michigan twice. Also, doubt Oregon would ever pursue him.

I do have a hot take: Willie Taggart would have been successful at Oregon. It’s not just that his offense went 6-1 averaging 52 points per game when Herbert was playing, with 290 passing/280 rushing. He gave guys rhabdo and inflated recruiting to pump-and-dump but he was good enough to succeed with Oregon’s built in support system. The momentum he could have generated with Herbert, that OL, WR recruiting, and a gruntled Leavitt defense. Wouldn’t have surprised me to see them do better in 2018 than with Mario, Awoyo, and checked (not choked) out Leavitt.

The rest isn’t related to the quoted comment, but just Noc stream of consciousness.

Anyway, if Mario leaves it will be interesting. I think Mario is simultaneously a shitty coach and a great coach. Overall winning % says he’s elite, recruiting says he’s elite, other programs wanting to hire him, etc. Watching the games and doing the math on the recruiting says he’s far from elite. That’s why I think it will be interesting, maybe the next guy is just good and not a Schrodinger’s coach.

If a new one is needed I’d prefer Mullen. Would be okay with Wilcox. I’d probably even be okay with Moorhead. Shit, maybe Brady Hoke could even be a good coach if given the right resources and support. I’d love to make someone better say no, make them say no with their families held hostage by Nike goons, but I know that Oregon isn’t on the make them say no level USC or LSU are at.

Long before seeing Notre Dame and Oklahoma get dad dicked I’ve been under no impression that Oregon is one of the few schools that is immune. I’m in my mid-30s and in the quarter century since I’ve been old enough to understand what the fuck is going on I’ve seen Oregon have two losing seasons and 18 seasons of 9+ wins. I know one bad hire can change the trajectory, but I’ve seen an oaf with a career record of 27-47 succeed here so its difficult for my imagination to see it being fucked up too bad.

Mad_Son said:

Fickell no make sense Oregon why even ask.
    Mario stay is good. No Mario also okay.
    Next coach will probably be okay.
    Tyfys
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    Dear God... the whole Fickell thing was just <<insert top tier coach that Oregon would then poach here>>. The level of discussion tray spawned a absurd. Like the discussion was fine and out-of-character for the board but holy fucking whooosh
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OreDawg said:

dnc said:

OreDawg said:

Who on Oregon’s staff do we want when Mario Leaves? Salave’a?

Salave’a sucks
    I was under the impression that he recruits, no? Or was he just getting Sir smells fat ass to flip from us.
    No he doesn't recruit.

Sir Mells isn't even good.

Jimmy was so bad he couldn't even hold onto that guy.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2021
    Mad_Son said:

No they wouldn’t.

The only coach they hired from the outside since Rich Brooks was Willie Taggart.

Their next coach is on their staff now
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,487 Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Mad_Son said:

No they wouldn’t.

The only coach they hired from the outside since Rich Brooks was Willie Taggart.

Their next coach is on their staff now
    Fuuuuuuuck that.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Mad_Son said:

Fuck fucking Tony Dungy now and forever
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

81% of ducks say this
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    I would love the Lane train at Oregon. I doubt Mullens would even look his way.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

Like Roseburg or Salem. Seriously.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151
    AEB said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Roseburg has more charm.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

AEB said:

Swaye said:

Roseburg has more charm.
    You misspelled meth
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,161

Eddie Nunez, a Miami native who has served as New Mexico’s athletic director since 2017, received strong reviews from the school’s administration after a recent interview, a source confirmed to The Athletic on Tuesday. Miami still has other interviews lined up with potential AD candidates at least through Wednesday, the source said.

its over for geno?