Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen has got to go NOW

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Regardless of whom is hired Jen needs to go. She is the worst negotiator for an AD I have ever seen. Locking up shit assts to long term deals. Donovan could have been had for so much less.

She kept hop for now two extra years that is cratering the basketball program.

She hires coaches and gets out of the way. She can’t coach up and lead those below her. She cried when Pete quit when the program was in a good spot with a good hire to make up for his weaknesses.

She isn’t a leader. She is a fundraiser.

It seems like Fudge said earlier that Pete is the real AD
    If this is true it is only because she has no idea wtf she is doing. All the more reason to fire her.
    Pete needs to go too then.

If that who she’s been seeking counsel from, fuck that. Go run that bullshit at BSU, Peterman.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You are correct Mike. It is just about revenue. A women’s softball natty means as much to upper campus as does a football natty. The only thing that matters to upper campus is does football generate enough revenue to cover the other sports and is any program detracting for the UW brand. That is Cohens job not much else really. The school is just happy pappy if all programs go barley over .500 and post solid revenue. If revenue drops enough Jen is under pressure if revenue falls within the band she is fine. There is no pursuit of excellence. With Woodward and CP we had a chance. He burned out and Woodward says it’s just easier at LSU. They want to be excellent UW has other goals. The funny part to me is living in a different part of the country UW is constantly confused with Wash U. Which is view as a academically superior institution outside of Washington. So the snobby upper campus is so incompetent it can’t even win the academic Dick wars let alone football.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,411
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

Upper campus is very happy with the AD. On field performance isn't part of her evaluation criteria.

In order to fire the AD, you have to assume competence on upper campus...which ain't a bet I'd make. And don't hang your hat on the boosters. Their record ain't so great in the last 25 years.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cohen can stay as long as the boosters demand a good hire and she makes it happen.

Anything else, bye.

Hate on Hop now all you want but he was a home run hire. He was the heir at Syracuse and early indications were good.

Even the Jimmy hiring made sense.

Wow. A shit take from a shit poster. Surprise, surprise.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Cohen can stay as long as the boosters demand a good hire and she makes it happen.

Anything else, bye.

Hate on Hop now all you want but he was a home run hire. He was the heir at Syracuse and early indications were good.

FUCK OFF
    Not only do I agree with Tequilla but he kept his poast to two words.

We are not in Kansas anymore.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Anything else, bye.

Wow. A shit take from a shit poster. Surprise, surprise.
    Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    EwaDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Anything else, bye.

FUCK OFF
    Not only do I agree with Tequilla but he kept his poast to two words.

We are not in Kansas anymore.
    I was inspired by Lance Leopold
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:
    In the big scheme of things it's peanuts. You should know this
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Anything else, bye.

FUCK OFF
    Want to actually write a 1000000 word diatribe on why Im wrong?

Im right on the Hop point so dont bother.

Then, we have the best coach in 30 years who lead us to the playoffs say "this is my dude, I support hiring him. He is ready."

You dont think the boosters were on board with that?

Fucking idiot. Go play zone defense in traffic
    Apparently you do
    Both the Hop and Jimmy hires made sense at the time. Both started off promising and fell off a cliff.

Cohen gets blame for Donovan.

If Jen hires Stoops or DeBoer are you fine with her staying?
    No, she is a moron and a train wreck.
    It's not just the bad coaching hires. Branding, marketing, etc. All are awful.

Shooting up the hit parade of favorite gifs
    I was thinking Classics Gif Thread the moment before I read this poast.