Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Latest List

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Hire some guy that is recently divorced or has the ugliest wife so they are actually motivated to be successful.

I would rather a miserable fuck that hates his family sleep in the office and fail trying than some happy go lucky dipshit cruising around in his purple charger and fancy boat not even put in the work and still sucking.

There was an actual study that said most CEOs were ugly and unpopular in school so they got even
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

Matt Campbell has built Iowa State and would be a great hire.

Dave Aranda is from California and Baylor is paying him $4 million so it would take at least $6 to get him back to the West Coast.

HFNY said:

Dave Aranda is from California and Baylor is paying him $4 million so it would take at least $6 to get him back to the West Coast.

With cost of living it might be 7-8M to get him out of Waco.
    I don't think he'd have to pay us that much. We'd probably take way less than that to rescue him from Waco.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Houhusky said:

Hire some guy that is recently divorced or has the ugliest wife so they are actually motivated to be successful.

I would rather a miserable fuck that hates his family sleep in the office and fail trying than some happy go lucky dipshit cruising around in his purple charger and fancy boat not even put in the work and still sucking.

There was an actual study that said most CEOs were ugly and unpopular in school so they got even

Not true, long explanation follows - skip to last paragraph for my new coach suggestion related to this.

There has been a ton of studies on appearance and life satisfaction, success, hiring, job choice, academics, pay, etc. The results almost always show the same: good looks increase your odds of success, and your pay. People also like you more, because you’re self confident and not a cunt from years of emotional pain.

There are some caveats. You benefit more from the opposite sex, and those of the same sex who are in the same range could see you as a rival.

My favorite study is one that ranked men and women 1-10 based on their high school yearbook photo and then tracked them over 30 or 40 years.

The likeliest to succeed? Women who were a 9 or 10 because they married the most successful men. For men the least likely to succeed were the 10s. Because they were the likeliest to be given other opportunities early in life to fuck up their lives. Kids earlier, skipping school to bang the 8s, etc. For men being a 7 or around there yielded the best results.

Contrary to the ‘ugly men succeed theory‘ the real uggos didn’t fare all that well. Look at the Fortune 500s CEOs. They’ve made composites, and even including the women, techies, and minorities, the result is a middle aged white guy with above average looks. I’m not saying the ugly can’t succeed, so there’s hope for you yet certain young man on here.

The being bullied thing has also been studied a lot. In a not shocking development being bullied, being a bully, or a victim-bully who is both, all lead to being less likely to succeed and more likely to wind up in the justice system, etc. Anything else they tell kids in school, like your bully will be an unsuccessful adult loser who will clean your toilets is usually not true. Those bullies will either be in prison or their boss, depending on their socio-economic background. On the whole it’s better to be Richie Incognito than Jonathan Martin, and it’s better to be Jonathan Martin than the kid he bullied when he was in school.

I guess what I’m trying to say is: Washington should look past his two weeks in Eugene as a Duck and hire Richie Incognito. Proven NFL success, has both Nebraska classy and Bellotti Bold backgrounds, makes fun of Stanford nerds, tough and will actually run the damn ball, can cheat with impunity as every reporter will be scared of him, willing to decapitate the corpse of his own father for science so the academics will love him. It’s the perfect hire.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Hire Dan Mullen.

If Florida is dumb enough to fire him you hire him and you don’t look back. If they don’t fire him then get him to leave because they’ll fire him next year anyway.

Winningest coach in Miss State history. Third best win % at UF, behind his former boss Urbz and the Ol’ Ball Coach. Oregon almost hired him in 2016 before it fell through at the last minute, he was choice number one for Phil. Doesn’t recruit during the season, but that’s an improvement over Jimmy never recruiting.

Or, you can keep dreaming about coaches who will get better job offers than Washington. Up-and-comers who get to be the next G-5 to P-5 flop story.

As for Wazzu, they should hire Portland State’s coach. It didn’t work in basketball but this one won’t bone them as hard. Someone I know worked for him, and says he’s the most legit football coach and dude he’s ever met.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

A name that hasn't been mentioned, but Sean Lewis at KENT STATE has done a very good job at a school that, resources-wise, is near the bottom of its league and funds the athletic department with three four body bag games a year.

From the Chicago area and played at Wisconsin and his coaching background is on offense

https://si.com/college/2020/11/25/kent-state-football-sean-lewis

How about a trigger warning?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

With cost of living it might be 7-8M to get him out of Waco.
    Don’t think he would leave Baylor unless it is for a blue blood at the moment. Baylor can always find more money too.
    You don't think anyone will come here but that's not the case

81 percent of coaches would crawl from Waco to Seattle

The big almost 12 is dead anyway

I think it has more to do with the conference. I did forget the big 12 losing the big money makers in Texas and Oklahoma definitely makes a difference on the money trajectory long term. So maybe.

With Aranda I don’t think he would come here because he will likely get an SEC job based on how respected he is down there if he continues to perform. Texas may be opening soon from what I am seeing in the field.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    NCDaWg38NCDaWg38 Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Last Kent State hire worked out pretty well…just sayin
  • Options
    ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Luke Fickell- Cincinnati (3.4 million)?