Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Jen Cohen

Comments

• coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,214
    edited November 2021
    Tequilla said:

My initial thought was 81% confidence that Jimmy is being termed during the week. I feel bad having to write this, but @Tequilla could be right.

If this were a competently managed organization I would be 100% of this being just a step in the termination process. Unless other incidents have come to light, or you’re planning to term, you don’t suspend Lake for that. If you want to show due diligence and a punishment for unacceptable behavior this isn’t how you do that.

The two things that are holding me back from making it a definitive “he gone” is that they fired JonDon and this being an unpaid suspension. I’ve had someone investigated for embezzlement and elder abuse in a work capacity, and have had to suspend them with pay. I’ve never suspended anyone without pay. Nodded out on painkillers at a meeting where two company VPs are present? Suspension with pay. Who the fuck gets suspended as an exempt employee without pay? I’d have to look at Lake’s contract, but unless it mentions it in there or he’s straight up saying “fuck you, you can’t suspend me” while taking a dook on the president’s desk it’s unusual. SHRM is against the practice unless it’s for breaking the law or serious misconduct. If Jimmy’s lawyers find the slightest shred of performance related criticism, like an email or a text saying the team sucks or firing the offensive coordinator, then it’s going to be a nice pay day for them.

Options:
    1. He gone.
    2. More under the surface, and eventually Option 1.
    3. Weird contract, but Option 1.
    4. UW is fucking this up and Option 1 but it’s going to cost them many money units.
    5. UW is fucking this up and he stays, but it destroys any remaining shred of credibility for the program.

I think 4 is the most likely at this point … if they don’t have a termination wrapped up in the next 48 hours then they’ll be looking at firing him at the end of the year for the full amount

5 can’t be discredited … which is mind blowing

Vorel just posted his apology so he’ll be back after Bob gets curb stomped next week
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

My initial thought was 81% confidence that Jimmy is being termed during the week. I feel bad having to write this, but @Tequilla could be right.

If this were a competently managed organization I would be 100% of this being just a step in the termination process. Unless other incidents have come to light, or you’re planning to term, you don’t suspend Lake for that. If you want to show due diligence and a punishment for unacceptable behavior this isn’t how you do that.

The two things that are holding me back from making it a definitive “he gone” is that they fired JonDon and this being an unpaid suspension. I’ve had someone investigated for embezzlement and elder abuse in a work capacity, and have had to suspend them with pay. I’ve never suspended anyone without pay. Nodded out on painkillers at a meeting where two company VPs are present? Suspension with pay. Who the fuck gets suspended as an exempt employee without pay? I’d have to look at Lake’s contract, but unless it mentions it in there or he’s straight up saying “fuck you, you can’t suspend me” while taking a dook on the president’s desk it’s unusual. SHRM is against the practice unless it’s for breaking the law or serious misconduct. If Jimmy’s lawyers find the slightest shred of performance related criticism, like an email or a text saying the team sucks or firing the offensive coordinator, then it’s going to be a nice pay day for them.

Options:
    1. He gone.
    4. UW is fucking this up and Option 1 but it’s going to cost them many money units.
    5. UW is fucking this up and he stays, but it destroys any remaining shred of credibility for the program.

I think 4 is the most likely at this point … if they don’t have a termination wrapped up in the next 48 hours then they’ll be looking at firing him at the end of the year for the full amount

Vorel just posted his apology so he’ll be back after Bob gets curb stomped next week
    Really? I think this will be the best game we play all year.

Defense will keep us in the game, that's not changing. There's a chance the offense might actually do something if Adams wants to please his WRs.

Tequilla said:

Options:
    1. He gone.

Really? I think this will be the best game we play all year.

Defense will keep us in the game, that's not changing. There's a chance the offense might actually do something if Adams wants to please his WRs.

While this is very true, the best game of the season is such a low bar that the team simply getting to the stadium puts it in contention.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter
    Sources said:

Tequilla said:

RoadTrip said:

Tequilla said:

It’s terrible optics by Jen

Jimmy’s still getting fired

Still negotiating terms …

Part of terms will be Jimmy’s desire to protect reputation vs UW’s desire to reduce buyout

Aligned interests will prop up Jimmy while the AD takes it up the ass

That probably doesn’t matter long term because I don’t see how Jen survives all of this long term

Incompetence has its price

Your best guess or inside knowledge?
    Best guess

I have been talking with people that have bout as much of a connection inside that I do and all are saying similar

There’s no way Jimmy can continue … he’s beyond damaged goods

The real questions are when and how much the buyout is

Once that’s done it’s what are we prepared to do for the replacement

Don’t underestimate how much getting the buyout down will help in the next search in freeing up funding
    You think our addled, smooth brained AD has considered any of this? No, it's blundered damage control. Nothing more
    Deserves more chins for "addled." Perfect.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    A big win is the best thing that could happen

Jen can't get away with trying to make this go away

A big win is the best thing that could happen

Jen can't get away with trying to make this go away

Followed by losing out
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,579
    He’s not getting fired.

Beno4Life said:

Alexis said:

It was posted earlier but I can't find it. What's the email address for the AD. Time to turn in my 8 seats that have been carried since the late 60s.

Not a big deal, better seats for all of course, but judging by the size of the last couple crowds, it may be somewhere around 5% of the total tickets sold next year.

jcohen@uw.edu
    huskyad@uw.edu
    president@uw.edu
    jbuti@uw.edu
    Hello all,

I will keep this short and respectful.

You all owe it to our student athletes and the proud program you represent to part ways with Jimmy Lake.  The on-field behavior this last weekend was symptomatic of an unacceptable situation and coaching staff.  Firing a coordinator isn't an acceptable solution.

We can and should do better than this.  We owe it to our student athletes to do better than this.
    Proud?

Ah, stroking fragile egos. Got it.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Maybe they fire him if they're 4-8 and use this as partial cause, but I doubt it. He gets another year with four wins. I've said it all along.

Maybe they fire him if they're 4-8 and use this as partial cause, but I doubt it. He gets another year with four wins. I've said it all along.

Well, 4-8 is 400% better than 0-12. I can't wait to read that.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam
    After sending an email this afternoon saying I don’t see how I’m going to renew my 8 tickets I just got a voicemail from my ticket gal asking me to call so I can talk through it with her.

Will probably do so tomorrow , but she wasn’t addressed on the email I sent, so obviously Jen is dropping off the poors to the underlings to handle.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Coker’s right except I think the timeline is off

It’s in everybody’s best interest to get this resolved prior to Saturday
  • wobidbuswobidbus Member Posts: 308

Tequilla said:

Coker’s right except I think the timeline is off

It’s in everybody’s best interest to get this resolved prior to Saturday

I want Lake gone as much as the next guy. I would be STUNNED to see UW turn around and fire him the same week they said he was only going to be suspended for a game. If that was going to happen his suspension would've been announced as indefinite.

UW has blundered at every opportunity for a few years now. I fully expect that trend to continue and for Lake to finish the year. Likely remains coach next season barring a complete meltdown which would include an ass kicking at the hands of Coug.
    Unfortunately the script calls for the Coug to beat Oregon and then get plungered by UW 42-17.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,579

Well, 4-8 is 400% better than 0-12. I can't wait to read that.
    Academis