Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Jen Cohen

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

It’s terrible optics by Jen

Jimmy’s still getting fired

Still negotiating terms …

Part of terms will be Jimmy’s desire to protect reputation vs UW’s desire to reduce buyout

Aligned interests will prop up Jimmy while the AD takes it up the ass

That probably doesn’t matter long term because I don’t see how Jen survives all of this long term

Incompetence has its price

Did you read the press release? Reads like they are trying to wrap this story up not fire an opening salvo for negotiation purposes.
    I did … that’s why I’ve been very vocal that there were numerous unforced errors by Jen in the release

If Jimmy is retained for 2022 the bottom will completely fall out of the AD
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s terrible optics by Jen

Jimmy’s still getting fired

Still negotiating terms …

Part of terms will be Jimmy’s desire to protect reputation vs UW’s desire to reduce buyout

Aligned interests will prop up Jimmy while the AD takes it up the ass

That probably doesn’t matter long term because I don’t see how Jen survives all of this long term

Incompetence has its price

Did you read the press release? Reads like they are trying to wrap this story up not fire an opening salvo for negotiation purposes.
    I did … that’s why I’ve been very vocal that there were numerous unforced errors by Jen in the release

If Jimmy is retained for 2022 the bottom will completely fall out of the AD
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrr..........the press release accurately conveys her position and she is not in fact negotiating any terms or working on firing Jimmy.
    If she does think that way, the bottom is going to fall out on her quickly

She’s in a lose lose situation here … it’s all about what she wants her legacy at Washington to be at this point
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,123 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    This is like the goofiest thing lol
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

They’re keeping him. There was enough outrage to give a suspension but they want him back and they’re too scared to say no suspension.

1 game penalty and they hope it quiets the outrage.

Added bonus, of the 3 remaining games, ASU might be the toughest game so it won’t count against Jimmy’s overall record.

It’s all confirmed now. There has been zero heat on Jimmy for performance. Wilner is Jen’s mouthpiece and he is consistently defending what she feeds him. I hate our fans and I hate our program. It’s not fair to the kids when I boo them.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,134
    MelloDawg said:

WTF does just the beginning mean here...is there hope still?
    If a suspension is the beginning and firing him is the end, what is the middle?
    Hire stoops. Hth
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I think everyone is overreacting a bit. Let’s see if he is back with the team in a week, I doubt it.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,784

I think everyone is overreacting a bit. Let’s see if he is back with the team in a week, I doubt it.

and if he is... how does he improve? hire a competent OC? recruit?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

They don’t fire jondon yesterday if they don’t plan on bringing jimmy back. That was Jimmy’s call all the way.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

LawDawg1 said:

They don’t fire jondon yesterday if they don’t plan on bringing jimmy back. That was Jimmy’s call all the way.
    Jimmy’s deflection made way for Jen’s shitsighted optics.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,341 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alabama is excited to announce their new Defensive Analyst…..Jimmie Lake!!