Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fire Jen Cohen

Comments

• PolluxPollux Member Posts: 26
    Alexis said:

It was posted earlier but I can't find it. What's the email address for the AD. Time to turn in my 8 seats that have been carried since the late 60s.

Not a big deal, better seats for all of course, but judging by the size of the last couple crowds, it may be somewhere around 5% of the total tickets sold next year.

huskyad@uw.edu
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Alexis said:

It was posted earlier but I can't find it. What's the email address for the AD. Time to turn in my 8 seats that have been carried since the late 60s.

Not a big deal, better seats for all of course, but judging by the size of the last couple crowds, it may be somewhere around 5% of the total tickets sold next year.

huskyad@uw.edu
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,878 Standard Supporter

WTF does just the beginning mean here...is there hope still?
    A formal public shaming is to be scheduled. Get tickets now.
    No Rehab? UW's PR machine sucks at laundering reputations.
    Tequilla said:

It’s terrible optics by Jen

Jimmy’s still getting fired

Still negotiating terms …

Part of terms will be Jimmy’s desire to protect reputation vs UW’s desire to reduce buyout

Aligned interests will prop up Jimmy while the AD takes it up the ass

That probably doesn’t matter long term because I don’t see how Jen survives all of this long term

Incompetence has its price

Is that your SWOT analysis, Teq?

If so, is Cohen taking it up the ass a strength or a threat?
    ReignMan said:

She hired Jimmy, Jimmy hired JonDon, Jimmy lost to Montana, Jimmy can't recruit, etc...... No lawyers needed, your both fired.

That's how it should be. But we live in a world of Optics, not truths.

This dumpster fire will be burning for a long time yet.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Calling BS. UW administration loves them some Jimmy and he's going nowhere soon. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

With a fretting Mother Hen type like Jen Cohen, it is all about optics. She can't let the optics of a coach running over and socking a player in the facemask go without action. She has to show she did something to the academic types.

But she can't stand the blowback that she thinks would come from firing an African-American coach who is failing. She can't bring herself to fire him even though it's painfully obvious he's failing at every aspect of the job and she would be publicly admitting that she failed with her hire.

So she finds the pussified middle ground and goes with that while wringing her hands and talking off-the-record to trusted reporters in the hopes of keeping everything tampered down.

Ladies and gentlemen, this football program is completely fucked.

There is probably some truth in that. It’s also just not admitting that she made the wrong hire and that she was never in charge of the football program. She had all the ability to tell Pete no, we aren’t going Jimmy without a search. She might really like Jimmy too.

I don’t think there would be real, lasting uproar over firing Lake for what has happened on the field. I really don’t. Most the beat writers and even doogman seem to think it’s the right move.

Beyond the race optics, Ty had a good recruiting class coming in. That was part of what saved him.

Jimmy does not. Underachieving team that he himself said could win the conference, horrible losses including to Montana, multiple players regressing, an absent recruiting class.
    Yup. Send out the ads now: "Come play for zero-depth Washington, where tru-frosh can start!"
    Alexis said:

Email has been sent. I wish I was a more technically gifted writer. But I think it was better than the other version where I call her an asshole.

A lot of Cohen asshole imagery today. Abundance?
    Tequilla said:

Part of terms will be Jimmy’s desire to protect reputation vs UW’s desire to reduce buyout

That probably doesn’t matter long term because I don’t see how Jen survives all of this long term

Your best guess or inside knowledge?
    The only thing missing from this shit-show is a Kaepernick commercial lamenting how Jimmy is Cohen's slave.
    wobidbus said:

LawDawg1 said:

Imagine what Cristobal and the rest of the Pac 12 will say to recruits.

It would probably be in UW's interest to shut down all recruiting efforts for the rest of the season. The coaches showing their faces to recruits is just going to remind them of this dumpster fire.
    This can be done with efficiency. Look at Penn St. after their program had to defend raping young men. Conventional wisdom had many thinking PSU was screwed for a long time. Either their leadership and alumni (how much they care about football) are light years better than UW's or pedophilia is just not that big a deal anymore.

If Jen can't even manage this firing correctly can we hope that they fire her for that?

Well the President is name-dropped in the press release so seems like everybody is on board at this point.

Need another shoe to drop- whether that be from the boosters, continued incompetence on the field, or something unforeseen.
    Nailed it
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    RoadTrip said:

Tequilla said:

Best guess

I have been talking with people that have bout as much of a connection inside that I do and all are saying similar

There’s no way Jimmy can continue … he’s beyond damaged goods

The real questions are when and how much the buyout is

Once that’s done it’s what are we prepared to do for the replacement

Don’t underestimate how much getting the buyout down will help in the next search in freeing up funding
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

RoadTrip said:

Tequilla said:

Best guess

I have been talking with people that have bout as much of a connection inside that I do and all are saying similar

Don’t underestimate how much getting the buyout down will help in the next search in freeing up funding
    You think our addled, smooth brained AD has considered any of this? No, it's blundered damage control. Nothing more
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

RoadTrip said:

Tequilla said:

Best guess

Which is no connection and you guys simply talking about what you want to happen?
    I wouldn’t completely say that

Anybody I know I’m respectful about talking about their job when they aren’t working just like I respect those that don’t ask about mine

I know that it’s been a really rough year this year on the inside … the energy is obviously not great

Considering these decisions can have long term career implications for those involved you try to be a little sensitive in talking about this stuff
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Who gives a fuck? It’s quite clear the players hate him for that. You lose the respect of your players with shit like that. With the Dom shit in the Michigan game this makes him look like a massive hypocrite