Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Hit A Player: Culture i

Comments

• Options
    TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TheDude said:

Problem is you fire him for this then it becomes your standard. Then you have a coach you like that does this and you will cry foul when he gets told to leave. Better off paying the millions in buy out.

You use this as a way to negotiate a lower buyout behind closed doors. The incident is the hammer in your case the losses, coaching hires and offensive ineptitude are your nails. If Jimmy doesn't agree to walk away post season they let him know they WILL fire him for cause tomorrow and yougetnothingGIF. Jimmy decides after the options are set in front of him to step away after the season for personal reasons or some other bullshit reason. UW gives him half or a quarter of his buyout and this incident isn't mentioned ever again by the university. Cohen then has months to look for a replacement without media or fan pressure and Jimmy can go and get another DC job without player abuse being an issue. Everyone wins.
    Problem here is your theory has rational adults in the room. Doesn't seam to be the situation. Are you putting your money on Jen to figure this out
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheDude said:

TheDude said:

Problem is you fire him for this then it becomes your standard. Then you have a coach you like that does this and you will cry foul when he gets told to leave. Better off paying the millions in buy out.

You use this as a way to negotiate a lower buyout behind closed doors. The incident is the hammer in your case the losses, coaching hires and offensive ineptitude are your nails. If Jimmy doesn't agree to walk away post season they let him know they WILL fire him for cause tomorrow and yougetnothingGIF. Jimmy decides after the options are set in front of him to step away after the season for personal reasons or some other bullshit reason. UW gives him half or a quarter of his buyout and this incident isn't mentioned ever again by the university. Cohen then has months to look for a replacement without media or fan pressure and Jimmy can go and get another DC job without player abuse being an issue. Everyone wins.
    Problem here is your theory has rational adults in the room. Doesn't seam to be the situation. Are you putting your money on Jen to figure this out
    Of course not. This was just my grocers logic. Welp, those can ain't gonna stack themselves, gotta go. Would you like a bag today? They are eight cents now. Kill me.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

fuck jimmy lake, but if people are crying about a coach swatting a player and pushing him then fuck you too. no wonder this school is a pathetic sack of shit. everyone involved with it including the fans are whiny bitches.

You’re not understanding the opportunity. Do you think the Tennessee fanbase actually thought schiano was involved in covering up the Sandusky scandal as an assistant at penn st when they revolted against his hire?

This is about wins and losses and jimmy equals losses. By any means necessary he needs to be fired.
    disagree. its fake outrage bullshit
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

I didn’t think it was that big of deal.

It is if you’re grasping at straws finding easier ways to fire your coach. Jimmy is the best thing to happen to Oregon football since Willie decided to move back to Florida.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    Swaye's Wigwam

phineas said:

phineas said:

fuck jimmy lake, but if people are crying about a coach swatting a player and pushing him then fuck you too. no wonder this school is a pathetic sack of shit. everyone involved with it including the fans are whiny bitches.

You’re not understanding the opportunity. Do you think the Tennessee fanbase actually thought schiano was involved in covering up the Sandusky scandal as an assistant at penn st when they revolted against his hire?

This is about wins and losses and jimmy equals losses. By any means necessary he needs to be fired.
    disagree. its fake outrage bullshit
    I’m okay with fake outrage if it gets the head coach fired. For realz.
    well as long as we arent crying when the fake outrage is working against us then i see no issue ;)
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    deleted the Heaps twat, has it's own thread. Maybe smoke and fire situation?!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

It will be very interesting to see if any players come out and voice support for him if the ball starts rolling.

Somehow I doubt it

It will be very interesting to see if any players come out and voice support for him if the ball starts rolling.

Somehow I doubt it

No doubt Fuavei is interviewed extensively. Anyone willing to put out a gofundme so we can float a little NIL cash to Fuavei making sure he speaks to how humiliated he felt, that he brings in his race as a factor, and mention he felt violated.

Needs to happen.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The least of our problems, but Smalls is such a frontrunner. Dude has always been overrated. He had an okay game and I guess some will say he is showing pride, but get the fuck off the field. Do something before you talk any shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    no_uh said:

If you are actually offended by a coach hitting a player who gets hit 100x harder on the field you are what's wrong with everything. If you are feigning outrage to get a coach fired I support you.

Here is the real answer. Coaches around the country slap helmets just about as hard after a big play. It’s ridiculous, but Jimmy sucks so I don’t care. If it gets him fired, we win.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021

Clevdawg said:

This unacceptable. I am being serious. That jackass hit my kid?

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    There are right ways and wrongs ways
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020263/uploads/editor/ug/o3oojwa5if45.gif

This is the right way. Being more physical than the other team is often the difference between losing and winning. Doing what Lake did does not make a player mentally or physically tough. Lake doesn’t have a system or a process and it shows in how the players treat him. He lost his shit. Players don’t fear him. Miami talked more shit than any other team. But when Jimmy Johnson walked by it was STFU. Irvin and BB talk about it all the time. They blame Erickson for letting that slide. As an leaser, Lake lost control. It’s not he needs to learn composure or comportment. He just doesn’t know what he is doing. So Road Dog 55, you sound like one of those collaboration 360 circle jerk review guys and like what Lake is all about. But he will never win Jack Shit. Kids on this team do not respect the coach. Watch Alabama player loses it on the side line on YouTube. Nick Saban never touched that kid M.Brown. That kid knew better. Saban kicked him off the team. Saban a pussy? Nope he is a leader. And now every Husky player knows the coach does it…… that means so can I ..
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Clevdawg said:

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
    Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

That's what UW really needs.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Clevdawg said:

Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

That's what UW really needs.
    There is a realm in between drunk Sark and Willingham.