Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Hit A Player: Culture i

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2021

Clevdawg said:

This unacceptable. I am being serious. That jackass hit my kid?

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
    Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

That's what UW really needs.
    There is a realm in between drunk Sark and Willingham.
    He embarrassed a shit-talking player.

The program has bigger problems, needs and priorities.

The focus on "the slap" is run-crying-to-mommy bullshit. If it gets Jimmy fired, good. But do not think it will improve anything.

It will only make things worse if they hire a coach that will never hit a player who deserves a smack.

We had Chris Peterson: The well-behaved coach WHO NEVER WON A BIG GAME.

That's right: He lost every big game because his passion-less players folded like a cheap card table when challenged by teams that could handle a helmet slap without melting down emotionally.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Clevdawg said:

You sound like a pussy. It was a football play. The kid on UW did nothing wrong. Jimmy is paranoid about a penalty and overreacts to the play.

Calling that a punch is crazy. I want Jimmy fired and if this is what it takes, great. But c’mon man. That wasn’t a big deal.
    He’s out of control , that’s the issue. His response to what happened is over blown. Huff and other coaches weren’t even that concerned . Can you imagine DJ doing that shit? Lambright yes and he was fired for 7-4

Also don’t forget the true assault came when the player had his back turned walking away , and Lake pushed him with 2 hands which gives the bad optics and defines intent.
    Yeah, he should just stand there stone-faced and not get upset while getting prison raped by Oregon for the 18th time in 20 years.

Just like Willingham did. You know what I mean? Grow up and act like a loser, Jimmy! Be delusional and don't show any emotions. Just like Willingham.

There is a realm in between drunk Sark and Willingham.
    He embarrassed a shit-talking player.

The program has bigger problems, needs and priorities.

The focus on "the slap" is run-crying-to-mommy bullshit. If it gets Jimmy fired, good. But do not think it will improve anything.

It will only make things worse if they hire a coach that will never hit a player who deserves a smack.

We had Chris Peterson: The well-behaved coach WHO NEVER WON A BIG GAME.

That's right: He lost every big game because his passion-less players folded like a cheap card table when challenged by teams that could handle a helmet slap without melting down emotionally.
    He had several other meltdowns with the refs that don't actually do a coach any favors.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Clevdawg said:

He throws massive tantrums all the time with the refs too. It’s a trend. It’s just one bad trend of his but it’s no coincidence A lot of guys had stupid penalties last game. A lot of words to say he is not good at his job.
    Should it matter that he's usually right? Are you defending the talent of Pac12 refs here? I hope not.

Jimmy isn't the problem, folks. He's a symptom of a much larger problem with UW as an institution, a program, and its easily-duped fanbase.

Go ahead and fire Jimmy. But I guarantee his replacement will be even worse. Cook it.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

phineas said:

phineas said:

fuck jimmy lake, but if people are crying about a coach swatting a player and pushing him then fuck you too. no wonder this school is a pathetic sack of shit. everyone involved with it including the fans are whiny bitches.

You’re not understanding the opportunity. Do you think the Tennessee fanbase actually thought schiano was involved in covering up the Sandusky scandal as an assistant at penn st when they revolted against his hire?

This is about wins and losses and jimmy equals losses. By any means necessary he needs to be fired.
    disagree. its fake outrage bullshit
    I’m okay with fake outrage if it gets the head coach fired. For realz.
    Im all good with fake outrage to get Jimmy fired...

BUT, UWs shitty AD isn't capable of a fake outrage tactic to fire Lake and flip into an actual good hire. If UW actually goes with the outrage fire, 81% chance its actually real and the UW AD is basically a AYSO PTO club and UW is beyond doomed anyways.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It's Chincredibly obvious that a negotiated separation is best for all parties. But even if UW has to pay his full buy-out of $9.9 million, it's worth every dollar and someone emailed me his contract last night that said any payout is due monthly rather than in one lump sum.

Back up the Brinks Truck and get Matt Campbell. Hit up the huge boosters who are sick of this shit and never let a crisis go to waste.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

It's Chincredibly obvious that a negotiated separation is best for all parties. But even if UW has to pay his full buy-out of $9.9 million, it's worth every dollar and someone emailed me his contract last night that said any payout is due monthly rather than in one lump sum.

Back up the Brinks Truck and get Matt Campbell. Hit up the huge boosters who are sick of this shit and never let a crisis go to waste.

I’m not so sure the ones with enough money to load the brinks truck are sick of this shit or really care.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    Founders Club

Clevdawg said:

He throws massive tantrums all the time with the refs too. It’s a trend. It’s just one bad trend of his but it’s no coincidence A lot of guys had stupid penalties last game. A lot of words to say he is not good at his job.

Should it matter that he's usually right? Are you defending the talent of Pac12 refs here? I hope not.

Jimmy isn't the problem, folks. He's a symptom of a much larger problem with UW as an institution, a program, and its easily-duped fanbase.

Go ahead and fire Jimmy. But I guarantee his replacement will be even worse. Cook it.
    No, it does not matter if he's right. Nobody likes being publicly berated and being shown up by someone with a low IQ. His tantrums don't do him any favors. That's the point, regardless of whether or not he's right. Lake lets his emotions get the best of him.
  • Options

Clevdawg said:

No, it does not matter if he's right. Nobody likes being publicly berated and being shown up by someone with a low IQ. His tantrums don't do him any favors. That's the point, regardless of whether or not he's right. Lake lets his emotions get the best of him.
    If you're playing up the outrage to get Jimmy fired, then I'm with you.

If you really think his emotional outbursts are a serious problem, then I'm not, because you're coddling dumb-ass players in trophies-for-all fashion and scapegoating Jimmy as the excuse for a program and school with much deeper problems.
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The problem is
    1. Jimmy Lake
    2. AD Cohen “ Values and Victories” vomit
    3. Upper Campus
    4. We can impact 1 & 2 and unless some one on this board is worth 750 million and is willing to part with a 100 of it or more 3 won’t get fixed
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    Fuck all this pussy shit. Fire him, because he is a moron, shit coach that sucks ass. Period. Don't chickenshit try to find a weak excuse that everybody knows is bullshit to fire him. If you can't see the obvious end-result of firing him and claiming it's because he touched a players facemask, you are just as braindead as every other person involved in being responsible for the current state of Husky Football.

If, by some miracle, the AD makes a good hire and he ever lays a hand near a player, or gets aggressive, Rod Gilmore and the Seattle media will be all up in arms, because they just firing Jimmy for that same thing. The AD will then cave and fire the new guy. It is %110 guaranteed to play out that way.

Lake lost to fucking Montana. You don't need to invent excuses to fire him. He doesn't win. Expect to win and fire those who don't. Simple rule that you can apply to the next coach too.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Clevdawg said:

Agree to disagree. You seem adamant on defending jimmy at a cringe worthy level. Get rid of him. Whatever it takes. He is not the answer. Chances are the next guy isn’t either. But you keep trying until you get it right. Jimmy sucks so him leaving has value. Especially if we don’t have to pay.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Screaming at the refs is done by a guy with 7 rings but St Nick goes after his assistants not the players. That's smart

You can't fake leadership. And guys that can't lead get frustrated then they get mean then they get fired
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Screaming at the refs is done by a guy with 7 rings but St Nick goes after his assistants not the players. That's smart

You can't fake leadership. And guys that can't lead get frustrated then they get mean then they get fired

Everyone freaks out at the refs sometimes. Jimmy just seems to do it more often than other coaches. Dude is not cool in adversity. And he sucks on top of that. Which is all the more reason uw will keep him. We like to be extra extra sure someone sucks before firing them.
  • Options

Clevdawg said:

Agree to disagree. You seem adamant on defending jimmy at a cringe worthy level. Get rid of him. Whatever it takes. He is not the answer. Chances are the next guy isn’t either. But you keep trying until you get it right. Jimmy sucks so him leaving has value. Especially if we don’t have to pay.
    Setting expectations. I don't think anyone on these boreds believes Jimmy is going anywhere. He may be a shitty coach, but he's OUR shitty coach for a few more transgressions at least.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Everyone freaks out at the refs sometimes. Jimmy just seems to do it more often than other coaches. Dude is not cool in adversity. And he sucks on top of that. Which is all the more reason uw will keep him. We like to be extra extra sure someone sucks before firing them.
    IDGAF if the head coach is having coked out midget stripper orgies in the medical tent on the sideline or yells at the refs too much, is a stoic cardboard cutout, or is a literal dog wearing a headset as long as they win.

Coaches of every type of style and temperament have been successful.

Win. Jimmy doesn't. Nothing else really matters.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clevdawg said:

If you really think his emotional outbursts are a serious problem, then I'm not, because you're coddling dumb-ass players in trophies-for-all fashion and scapegoating Jimmy as the excuse for a program and school with much deeper problems.
    Figure it out and stop arguing with people that this isn't a big deal. THIS IS A BIG DEAL AND JIMMY NEEDS TO BE TERMINATED WITH CAUSE TO SET AN EXAMPLE.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

IDGAF if the head coach is having coked out midget stripper orgies in the medical tent on the sideline or yells at the refs too much, is a stoic cardboard cutout, or is a literal dog wearing a headset as long as they win.

Coaches of every type of style and temperament have been successful.

Win. Jimmy doesn't. Nothing else really matters.
    Harsh! What do you have against Gil Dobie?
  • Options

Clevdawg said:

Figure it out and stop arguing with people that this isn't a big deal. THIS IS A BIG DEAL AND JIMMY NEEDS TO BE TERMINATED WITH CAUSE TO SET AN EXAMPLE.
    No it's not. Obvious insurmountable generation gap here.

In my day the Dawgs won a NC. How's it going in the can't handle a helmet slap era?