Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Buyouts

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    HFNY said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Any ideas for a new / good AD?

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.

I think the timeline is right

Jen sometime between now and end of Academic year

Jimmy fine after 2022 season

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    It will cost about $5 million to get rid of JL and assistants for the 2022 season but if 5,000 season ticket holders at two Tyee tickets per account, that's about $10 to $15 million in lost revenues a year.
    I want a new AD making the next football hire

Fire Jen and I don’t know if you lose a ton in renewals because I expect most Tyees are smart enough to know what is coming

Do nothing and you’re right … AD is going to take on water as the $$$ dries up
    digits said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    No AD worth their salt is going to agree to work for Ana Mari Cauci. The obvious next logical step is firing AMC, but if you think UW and its BOR are the type of university to pull such a big dick move to improve their football program, you haven't been paying attention for the last 28+ years. UW is FUBAR.
    Why would an AD not want to work for Cauce?

From afar UW’s taken on more of a leadership role in the conference and she’s largely taken the position of staying out of the way when it comes to athletics (in the best way possible)
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    Man I am in the wrong business. I need to fail up as well as these people have.

The American Dream.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483
    Tequilla said:

digits said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

No AD worth their salt is going to agree to work for Ana Mari Cauci. The obvious next logical step is firing AMC, but if you think UW and its BOR are the type of university to pull such a big dick move to improve their football program, you haven't been paying attention for the last 28+ years. UW is FUBAR.

From afar UW’s taken on more of a leadership role in the conference and she’s largely taken the position of staying out of the way when it comes to athletics (in the best way possible)
    Yeah, I'm not sure that has turned out so well. Both of UW's revenue generating sports teams are dogshit.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Tequilla said:

digits said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Football coaches don't know or understand anything about university presidents.

UW pays football coaches a lot, the idea that "upper campus" actively strangles football is stupid.

They would rather not deal with it on a personal level, but no D-1 pres. misunderstands the cultural importance of football.
    digits said:

Tequilla said:

digits said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that has turned out so well. Both of UW's revenue generating sports teams are dogshit.
    That’s not the President’s job

Her job is to manage the Athletic Director

The Athletic Director is responsible for the programs
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
    I’m hearing Pat Haden is tanned, rested, and ready.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Can saint haden save us again
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,041 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Can saint haden save us again

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,097 Founders Club

Pete for AD?

The has-been burnout?

FTG
    Pete hired Jimmy as HC. He’d be the worst AD ever.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter
    damn this thread is depressing
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 762
    It Rutgers AD can rack up almost 300m in debt, anything is possible for UW.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Jen isn't going anywhere
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,698 Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    digits said:

Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

They wouldn't do it to rescue the football / athletic dept but they would do it to protect and grow the cash flow from the grant money that literally floats the boat at UW... and saying that, on that note, it's a shocking misadventure that the Board pursued in the first place to ever promote AMC to be the president... all of this is about doing actual business and she has no expertise at running that cash flow show which tells you everything that you need to know about the Board of Regents as well. Clowns are us. Hopeless.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,698 Founders Club

Jen isn't going anywhere

And neither are we.

Jen isn't going anywhere

Then we’re fucked