Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Buyouts

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
Can someone check out the numbers in this and/or fill in some gaps of cost to buyout key figures after their current season/year

Jimmy = $10M (3 years - rounded)

Football Assistants = $3-4M

Hopkins = ???

Hoops Assistants = ???

Jen Cohen = ???

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,363 Swaye's Wigwam
    We need a Show Cause
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Swaye said:

Those numbers will start looking cheaper when there are only 30K fans in the seats on crisp fall days.

Just trying to get my facts together before I start thinking about a plan of action

Important to remember buyout already locked in for women’s hoops
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,236

I saw Jen at a Trump rally making fun of some gay guy.

Allegedly

I saw her kicking her dog at the park last weekend.
    Cohen’s contract is in the $750-800k per year range (depending on annual raises) and expires at the end of June 2024

She also has a retention bonus that vests in May 2024 … she already had her May 2021 option vest
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    Tequilla said:

Can someone check out the numbers in this and/or fill in some gaps of cost to buyout key figures after their current season/year

Hopkins = ???

Hoops Assistants = ???

Jen Cohen = ???

For Hopkins after this year, he is due 9.3 million, Jen is due close to 3 million after this year, don't know about the basketball assistants but my guess is they both got 2-year contracts so between the two I would guess about one million

Tequilla said:

Hopkins = ???

Hoops Assistants = ???

Jen Cohen = ???

For Hopkins after this year, he is due 9.3 million, Jen is due close to 3 million after this year, don't know about the basketball assistants but my guess is they both got 2-year contracts so between the two I would guess about one million
    Assuming the number for Jen includes a buyout of her option years?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hopkins = ???

Hoops Assistants = ???

Jen Cohen = ???

Yeah, it might be a little higher to around 3.5 million. And the football assistant buyout is around 5.2 million not 3-4 million.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hopkins = ???

Hoops Assistants = ???

Jen Cohen = ???

Yeah, it might be a little higher to around 3.5 mill.
    I was assuming around $2M with the buyouts the wild card

But the context is good - thanks for confirming

Given the options available, Jen’s buyout is easily the most palpable of them all. Hop’s likely got a few more years to stay comfortable.

Why does an unproven first time AD have any buyout?

Fire whoever hired her too

She doesn’t have a buyout … she has a CONTRACT

The contract extension was made in 2018 …

What was announced and made known over the last 6-12 months was the 2018 raise
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    Any ideas for a new / good AD?

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.
    HFNY said:

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.

I think the timeline is right

Jen sometime between now and end of Academic year

Jimmy fine after 2022 season

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    I don't know, if the Huskies go 5-7, it would most likely cost more in the medium run to keep a dead coach walking instead of eating that extra $3.2 million for 2022. How many people wouldn't renew their tickets and not spend money at the stadium? If 5,000 accounts gave up their Tyee tickets (for 10,000 total tickets), that alone would cost about $10 to $15 million each and every year. That's not even considering food / drinks, merchandise, and parking.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,198

I saw Jen at a Trump rally making fun of some gay guy.

Allegedly

and she didnt have a mask on either. she was screaming about some horse medicine she was gonna use cause she didnt believe in vaccines.

again, allegedly.
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

It will cost about $5 million to get rid of JL and assistants for the 2022 season but if 5,000 season ticket holders at two Tyee tickets per account, that's about $10 to $15 million in lost revenues a year.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,483
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

No AD worth their salt is going to agree to work for Ana Mari Cauci. The obvious next logical step is firing AMC, but if you think UW and its BOR are the type of university to pull such a big dick move to improve their football program, you haven't been paying attention for the last 28+ years. UW is FUBAR.