Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Buyouts

13»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,617 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Any ideas for a new / good AD?

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.

I think the timeline is right

Jen sometime between now and end of Academic year

Jimmy fine after 2022 season

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    Who is going to lead this charge to make all these needed changes?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Why does an unproven first time AD have any buyout?

Fire whoever hired her too

Do you believe only Men deserve a buyout?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’m resigned to the fact that nothing will change …

I’m resigned to the fact that I won’t be contributing money or time going forward
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 542
    Tequilla said:

HFNY said:

Any ideas for a new / good AD?

To spread the pain out, the new AD should hire a new coach football coach (to protect and then grow the golden goose) while punting on Hopkins until after the 2022-2023 season.

I think the timeline is right

Jen sometime between now and end of Academic year

Jimmy fine after 2022 season

Hop you hope he can tread water until he gets to the last year of his contract and revisit at that point …

The other missing pieces in here are that you will need to likely turn over the balance of the Athletic Department to change the culture (no small task) and will almost assuredly be opening up the coffers for your next football coach (can’t miss on 2 hires in a row … need someone with instant credibility that can turnaround the damage Jimmy has left)

As for AD names, I don’t know resumes well enough but I would at minimum start by looking at those from the Big12 and if there is somebody in the SEC that makes a ton of sense.
    MOOOOS
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,482 Swaye's Wigwam

Interesting clause in hopkins contract if Jen is let go....

CYA if ever by the president. One can only hope.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,546 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Those numbers will start looking cheaper when there are only 30K fans in the seats on crisp fall days.

Just trying to get my facts together before I start thinking about a plan of action
    You planning a car wash?

One more question. I'll take my answer off the air: What's #scoducks/#wareagle's buyout? Could we raise enough here at Hardcore Husky to at least make that happen?

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Those numbers will start looking cheaper when there are only 30K fans in the seats on crisp fall days.

Just trying to get my facts together before I start thinking about a plan of action
    You planning a car wash?

One more question. I'll take my answer off the air: What's #scoducks/#wareagle's buyout? Could we raise enough here at Hardcore Husky to at least make that happen?

Depends on if she has a CONTRACT or not ...

I suspect that there are a good number of people in the Athletic Department that are on regular salaries and would be more tied to severance packages than buyouts