Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Do not turn Travels With Mabel into a typical thread that always ends up about boners.

and here is a new beer I ran across - Real Ale Brewing in Blanco, Tx

I think a 6 pack of these puppies would be my limit

A 6-pack of that leaves most men unconscious.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Do not turn Travels With Mabel into a typical thread that always ends up about boners.

and here is a new beer I ran across - Real Ale Brewing in Blanco, Tx

I think a 6 pack of these puppies would be my limit

A 6-pack of that leaves most men unconscious.
    During COVID, that was at least twice per week for me (4-pack of 12% pints, so about the same).
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    I loved growing up in Texas. Whitetail season is a religious experience. And brisket.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,531
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Haven't seen any deer lately - methinks it is deer season with all the shots ringing out around here. Neighbor farm dropped some goats - too far to see but the little guys are loud. Before I sold the farm the only time our goats made noise was when they got isolated from the group - used to have to go lead the screaming goat down to the field where the rest were doing goat stuff.

Me and the Mrs started reminiscing about our crazy goats.

They used to play king (or queen) of the hill on that little mound - wish I could have burned the neighbors house down - was easier to sell. Tried to upload a short video of them but the file be too large and I am too lazy to compress it. Last month in Texas will soon be rambling on to Arizona to see a kid and soon to be daughter-in-law.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WO1PGuN6bE
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Full moon over Texas tonight

This full moon is from Miami I think

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Any sign of Chinese spy balloons?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have renamed El Paso to El Windo, El Dusto, or maybe El Pitso

Today is low 60's with wind gusts to 66 MPH - here is a picture looking at the southern NM mountains close to the picture right above

I think we are in the middle of a dust/sand/grit storm - could be worse, could be snowing
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,905
    Founders Club
    @LebamDawg I always appreciate your updates, thank you
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@LebamDawg I always appreciate your updates, thank you

Thanks Stalin
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I know what is worse than West Texas - East Arizona - we are about 20 miles east of Willcox. Bowie, AZ truly the middle of nowhere.

This morning we got hit with the storm that killed LA with snow. We had hail, rain, snow and wind and then more wind. 50 mph gusts. No damage but there is still beauty in the desert

Sunset the night before the storm

Sunrise the morning of

I love Arizona and am fascinated by it. On my bucket list is to go Navajo country and just wander around for a few days.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,829
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

I know what is worse than West Texas - East Arizona - we are about 20 miles east of Willcox. Bowie, AZ truly the middle of nowhere.

This morning we got hit with the storm that killed LA with snow. We had hail, rain, snow and wind and then more wind. 50 mph gusts. No damage but there is still beauty in the desert

Sunrise the morning of

I love Arizona and am fascinated by it. On my bucket list is to go Navajo country and just wander around for a few days.
    Working your way from dot Indians to feather Indians, eh?
  • Options
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

Sunrise the morning of

Working your way from dot Indians to feather Indians, eh?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2023

LebamDawg said:

Sunrise the morning of

I was in Tuba City on the Navajo Nation reservation a year ago - they were still enforcing only 3 people in a store still. Edit: and enforcing strict mask wearing. I had full 5 bar phone reception but the natives seemed to block internet connections. Talked to a few other people that were mystified by this also. I had t-mobile at the time and they had Verizon. We left 3 days early to go up to another Indian reservation and had no problems with internet.

The Navajos do not White Man's technology chinfluencing their lives, is this true @Swaye?