Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BREAKING: Eldridge Recasner *gets it*

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

13. The Average Landlord Has Three Properties

Great link. Yes, I think we should be willing to protect 100 million Americans from living on the street over the average landlord that owns three properties. (probably not counting the fourth where they live)

You can call whatever you want mom and pop. I’d consider it someone that owns one rental property and relies on it for income. Maybe owns two in certain circumstances. Simply diy landlords pull in $300 billion in rent. “Mom and Pop” my ass.

Do I even need to quote the point where their average income is 50% higher than the average American?

How about providing the evidence that without this program 100 million Americans would be forced to live on the street. Now go run and hide Kunt.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,830
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

On this board of bitcoin millionaires I am poor and also the most recent to face the abyss. There goes Uncle Race again

I care about people getting thrown into the street because it damn near happened to me in 2014

The first step is to see who to blame. Its you. It was me. No if ands or buts. Not the government, not my former employer, not baby boomers, not capitalism. Me

The second step is to use that to get out of the mess YOU got in to.

That which I had feared most had happened to me. My entire work career was based on a fear of failure and a fear of my family being thrown into the streets. I worked my ass off and we smoked it all leaving us in no position to handle a downturn in fortune

In debt, no income no savings and an eviction notice on the door. No enhanced UI and a 6 month hard stop on bennies. UI covered minimum payments and food. Weed, wine and cigars and even DIRECTV were gone.

But I couldn't pay the rent. Imagine being 50 plus years old and getting the rent from your brother, sister, brother in law, sister in law and then our son. LOSER

I got a job, first one I was offered, Made a payment deal with the landlord for a few months. Then owed months of penalties which I paid

Long story short that job led to a gold mine that got us out of debt, money in the bank and everyone paid back double so I wouldn't be a LOSER

All it took was 7 days a week of intense work and pressure. I kind of welcomed the lockdown. I was tired

This time around is a walk in the park. Money in the bank, Enhanced and unending UI for both of us and checks from the government. I'd be a real asshole not to pay the rent

If you care then support food banks, missions and the like. If they are on the up and up they will do far more than the gubmint in this moratorium scam

The left no longer gets to pretend they are so fucking much more moral than us. Time to put up or shut up. Your programs are a failure.

Honest Americans are in short supply. Thank you for sharing. Glad to hear you are in a good spot and hopefully the Tug leftists read this and take a walk for perspective.
    Race I wasn't far behind you at one point. I had 8 rentals houses and hit a rough spot. Wasn't easy. I worked more OT worked hard at my business and busted my ass! We scrapped our way out with minimal damage but had to dump a rental at a loss due to wonderful tenants that tore the place up and didn't pay rent etc. I had to work extra to cover these people and was worried about making the mortgage on the house I lived in! Fuck them! Came back and decided to divest and dump the rentals. We made money on some lost money on others but we're in a good spot now. Reserves and good tenants in the last three. But if prices go up a bit more they will be sold!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

@dnc a q?

Can you tell me how many Americans live in rental properties and how many mom and pop single property, reliant on that income, owners there are?

That’s why you can have one without the other. It’s 100 million to maybe 3 million. As much as I’m not a fan of landlords, I don’t want those 3 million to suffer. Thankfully, there have been ways, and there continues to be ways, for them to get help.

Make sure you don’t think things are unfair because you identify more with the group getting less help. It’s about harm reduction, that’s all we want.

There aren't anywhere near 100 million Americans who can't reasonably pay their rent, that number is meaningless.

There's no reason virtually anyone should still be unable to pay rent baring disability, in which case there is other assistance available for them. Everywhere in the world is hiring right now. Vaccines have been free and widely distributed for months. There has been massive government assistance from stimuli to tax credits.

I have been on both ends of this having lived in multiple apartments and spare bedrooms. I've also had to kick my brother out of my house. It sucked, I was physically sick over it for days before and afterwards. I am not zealous to have a bunch of people put out of their homes. I do think eviction is a great motivator for following through with your commitment to pay rent, and when you take that motivator away you are asking people to take advantage of the system.

Bottom line, the government doesn't have the right to force people to continue letting someone live on their property for free. The CDC for sure doesn't even have anything close to that right.

All this is leading to is further corporatization of the housing industry which I'm shocked you are in support of.
    Been thinking more about this and while I don't think the Third Amendment actually applies here, applying the Third Amendment makes more sense than some of the Constitutional leaps SCOTUS has made the past 60 years.

Besides, when's the last tim anyone had a good Third Amendment debate?

I stand by the Third Amendment!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@dnc a q?

Can you tell me how many Americans live in rental properties and how many mom and pop single property, reliant on that income, owners there are?

That’s why you can have one without the other. It’s 100 million to maybe 3 million. As much as I’m not a fan of landlords, I don’t want those 3 million to suffer. Thankfully, there have been ways, and there continues to be ways, for them to get help.

Make sure you don’t think things are unfair because you identify more with the group getting less help. It’s about harm reduction, that’s all we want.

If you're not a fan of landlords, then you're not a fan of private property. Instead, you're a Bolshevik Collectivist.

Fuck Off, Commie.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Great link. Yes, I think we should be willing to protect 100 million Americans from living on the street over the average landlord that owns three properties. (probably not counting the fourth where they live)

You can call whatever you want mom and pop. I’d consider it someone that owns one rental property and relies on it for income. Maybe owns two in certain circumstances. Simply diy landlords pull in $300 billion in rent. “Mom and Pop” my ass.

Do I even need to quote the point where their average income is 50% higher than the average American?

Now do grocery stores.

You’re an absolute dumbfuck and a communist. Full stop. As Gavin Newsome likes to say.
    Decommodify food too.
    Jesus Christ! Are you allergic to work or what?
    Every one who has decommodified food for some reason ends up with a starving population. But history and a basic understanding of human interactions and economics has the Slobberer feeling that this is a solution to what? In the US no one is starving to death and in fact in the US our lower income population is obese from having to much cheap food to eat. Do they need even cheaper food? Remember when all the dem leftist were slobbering over Chavez and the Venezuelan economic miracle. Now not so much, but they are doing there damndest to accomplish the same economic miracle here.
  • Options
    I see that fucking worm @GDS has returned.

Damn! I thought Covid might've rubbed him out.

Hey, @GDS: Are you ready to produce FACTS that show Tulsi Gabbard supported Assad in Syria?

It's only been what, 18 months since you blathered that drippy-cunt bullshit. Are you ever gonna man-up, you fucking worm?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    dnc said:

@dnc a q?

There aren't anywhere near 100 million Americans who can't reasonably pay their rent, that number is meaningless.

There's no reason virtually anyone should still be unable to pay rent baring disability, in which case there is other assistance available for them. Everywhere in the world is hiring right now. Vaccines have been free and widely distributed for months. There has been massive government assistance from stimuli to tax credits.

I have been on both ends of this having lived in multiple apartments and spare bedrooms. I've also had to kick my brother out of my house. It sucked, I was physically sick over it for days before and afterwards. I am not zealous to have a bunch of people put out of their homes. I do think eviction is a great motivator for following through with your commitment to pay rent, and when you take that motivator away you are asking people to take advantage of the system.

Bottom line, the government doesn't have the right to force people to continue letting someone live on their property for free. The CDC for sure doesn't even have anything close to that right.

All this is leading to is further corporatization of the housing industry which I'm shocked you are in support of.
    You said you can’t do one without the other. I think the 100 million number is meaningful because it’s about political will. Even if you shrink it down to people at risk, that doesn’t make the numbers look better for landlords.

I don’t care who the landlord is and, honestly, you explained why.

I do think eviction is a great motivator for following through with your commitment to pay rent

That’s not freedom, it’s coercion. I don’t see any difference between the corporations taking your money under threat of homelessness and the “little guy” taking your money under the threat of homelessness.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

Been thinking more about this and while I don't think the Third Amendment actually applies here, applying the Third Amendment makes more sense than some of the Constitutional leaps SCOTUS has made the past 60 years.

Besides, when's the last tim anyone had a good Third Amendment debate?

I stand by the Third Amendment!
    I think the Thirteenth is more applicable.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Now do grocery stores.

You’re an absolute dumbfuck and a communist. Full stop. As Gavin Newsome likes to say.
    Decommodify food too.
    The state in charge of food has worked out beautifully around the globe. “ Bread lines are good, that means they have bread” - Bearnie Sanders

Your greed and willingness to steal other people’s labor is noted.

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

You said you can’t do one without the other. I think the 100 million number is meaningful because it’s about political will. Even if you shrink it down to people at risk, that doesn’t make the numbers look better for landlords.

I do think eviction is a great motivator for following through with your commitment to pay rent

That’s not freedom, it’s coercion. I don’t see any difference between the corporations taking your money under threat of homelessness and the “little guy” taking your money under the threat of homelessness.
    Yes, yes a number you pulled squarely out of your ass is very "meaningful."
  • Options

Only in @TheKobStopper's world is keeping your word and honoring your promises considered "coercion."

And he wonders why he's a loser.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

So how does free housing for everyone work in your model?

Coercion is the government telling a landlord he doesn't own his property. Freedom is being able to earn enough to buy rent or live where your efforts allow

Your idea of freedom is strange to say the least

He has no idea what freedom is. He advocates for government violence to be used against people he disagrees with.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The TKS argument is worse than communism. At least communism is fair in that everyone gets fucked, not just those that try to earn their keep
  • Options
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

So I can move into your house, tell you I've decided I need it more than you and have no money to pay you, and that's cool? I'm not expecting an answer. It's obvious there is no need to discuss this further. You dig socialism. I get it.
    So you can charge people to live and make sure they pay by threatening them with homelessness and that’s cool?

I don’t think the eviction moratorium is a good situation. I’d love to solve it but muh freedom to coerce people.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

dnc said:

@dnc a q?

So I can move into your house, tell you I've decided I need it more than you and have no money to pay you, and that's cool? I'm not expecting an answer. It's obvious there is no need to discuss this further. You dig socialism. I get it.
    So you can charge people to live and make sure they pay by threatening them with homelessness and that’s cool?

I don’t think the eviction moratorium is a good situation. I’d love to solve it but muh freedom to coerce people.
    Like all leftists Kobe feels like he has an entitlement to the labor of others.