Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BREAKING: Eldridge Recasner *gets it*

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If the little guy can’t pay, I believe he should lose the property he/she/they/them/Zi/Xi/etc. borrowed money for.

Period.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,203
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

If the little guy can’t pay, I believe he should lose the property he/she/they/them/Zi/Xi/etc. borrowed money for.

Period.

They can pay when the government doesn't forbid them from collecting rent for 17 months and counting. Depriving people of the income stream and then saying "tough shit, fork over the title" is beyond fucked.
    All while extorting taxes at the muzzle of a gun.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looks like I was right. As I said MONTHS ago that many lenders will not tack missed payments onto the end of the loan if not owner occupied.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Period.

Wow. That's Deep.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kaepsknee said:

Looks like I was right. As I said MONTHS ago that many lenders will not tack missed payments onto the end of the loan if not owner occupied.

It will be litigated, although it shouldn't be. The Dems could fix it all with legislation many R's would sign off on in a heartbeat. But they won't.

Because Wall Street owns the Democratic Party outright.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

If the little guy can’t pay the rent, I believe he should lose the right to the property he/she/they/them/Zi/Xi/etc. borrowed money signed up for.

Period.

Fag.
  • Options

doogie said:

Period.

Wow. That's Deep.
    Simple truth.
  • Options

doogie said:

If the little guy can’t pay the rent, I believe he should lose the right to the property he/she/they/them/Zi/Xi/etc. borrowed money signed up for.

Period.

Agree.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:
    I live in a resort area. When the no-eviction thing happened people actually tried to rent homes here at the beach and get the free rent. It didn't work. They were quickly shown the door. Clever enough to try and scam beach rental owners but too lazy to get a job.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogie said:

Period.

So the government made them lose the property and you think that is just and fair?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    No.

I am against paying people to stay home and I am against rent and mortgage eviction moratoriums.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    @dnc a q?

Can you tell me how many Americans live in rental properties and how many mom and pop single property, reliant on that income, owners there are?

That’s why you can have one without the other. It’s 100 million to maybe 3 million. As much as I’m not a fan of landlords, I don’t want those 3 million to suffer. Thankfully, there have been ways, and there continues to be ways, for them to get help.

Make sure you don’t think things are unfair because you identify more with the group getting less help. It’s about harm reduction, that’s all we want.
  • Options
    13. The Average Landlord Has Three Properties

Great link. Yes, I think we should be willing to protect 100 million Americans from living on the street over the average landlord that owns three properties. (probably not counting the fourth where they live)

You can call whatever you want mom and pop. I’d consider it someone that owns one rental property and relies on it for income. Maybe owns two in certain circumstances. Simply diy landlords pull in $300 billion in rent. “Mom and Pop” my ass.

Do I even need to quote the point where their average income is 50% higher than the average American?
  • Options
    I don’t cherry pick anything.

There’s 8 million independent landlords. They own 24 million properties. They collect 300 billion in rent. Half of them depend on that income. There’s even cited sources in your link confirming these facts. I’m not going to not help 100 million Americans because there’s slightly less help for 4 million Americans.

I will concede that my first 3 million number was off and it’s 4 million, confirmed by your link. It was a pretty good ballpark since I didn’t have the actual numbers until you decided to get run over.

I’m sorry if this personally effects you. I remember business was booming after 2008 but maybe you should have saved a little bit more so you could handle the ups and downs of putting people on the street for income. If you need anything to help hold you over let me know, pretty much the only thing I’ve done with my money for the last year is loan it to boomers.