Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

if *we* lose to Michigan

124»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I swear to God, if We

FireCohen said:

On the road, the big house, national TV, under the lights…. You tell me what’s going to happen…..the script hasn’t failed in quite a few years here.

Best part of this season it will be over after the first game
    First game? How bout' the first quarter when we go down by 17 and fight like hell to lose by a field goal late in the 4th. I'd rather the quick and painless blow out then the nail biting pants shitting I have to endure
    I know your being sarcastic, the the first game is at home vs Montana.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Fire Lake. Simple as that. Veteran roster, great oline (doubt it, but doogs say so), gamer at QB who has yet to be sacked, good defense, etc.

If UW loses to Michigan I will have seen enough. If UW cant beat that dumpster fire of a program with Lake at the helm, it isnt ever winning a big OOC game or bowl with him. Cook it. Petersen 2.0 but with a likely worse overall and less Pac 12 titles.

No pressure Jimmy. I expect you to win this game and you better do it.

How does losing to Michigan stop uw from their quest to become Alamo bowl champions this year?
    I expect UW to lose to Cal and Stanford and you probably should too, doog
    And Oregon. Probably will. Because the wrong people are in charge. That’s the point though.
    So if we dont win the conference, fire the coach?
    Yes but they won't

The 1993 sanctions combined with the damage that Rick did and a pandemic didn't give Jimmy a chance
    Race is right. What it eventually results in is the following.

No pressure on the school to win.
    No pressure on the AD to win.
    Thus no pressure on the coach to win.

Reality is the conference is absolute dreck so there’s a chance there. But they have zero Interest in striving to be a top 10 or even a top 15 program.
    Huskies are 1 of only 11 programs that have played in the playoffs
    Huskies are also only Pac-12 team to have gone 0-12
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Fire Lake. Simple as that. Veteran roster, great oline (doubt it, but doogs say so), gamer at QB who has yet to be sacked, good defense, etc.

If UW loses to Michigan I will have seen enough. If UW cant beat that dumpster fire of a program with Lake at the helm, it isnt ever winning a big OOC game or bowl with him. Cook it. Petersen 2.0 but with a likely worse overall and less Pac 12 titles.

How does losing to Michigan stop uw from their quest to become Alamo bowl champions this year?
    And Oregon. Probably will. Because the wrong people are in charge. That’s the point though.
    So if we dont win the conference, fire the coach?
    Yes but they won't

The 1993 sanctions combined with the damage that Rick did and a pandemic didn't give Jimmy a chance
    Race is right. What it eventually results in is the following.

No pressure on the school to win.
    No pressure on the AD to win.
    Thus no pressure on the coach to win.

Reality is the conference is absolute dreck so there’s a chance there. But they have zero Interest in striving to be a top 10 or even a top 15 program.
    Huskies are 1 of only 11 programs that have played in the playoffs
    Huskies are also only Pac-12 team to have gone 0-12
    Sounds like you can't handle the ups and downs
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Giles Jackson ballzz out and our daWgs roll.

Jimmy gives Race another prime gif of him laughing in aviators with Bobby G.

I'm a doog.

This is what should happen. The reality is we will find a way to not score enough points despite getting 150 more first half yards and find a way to lose.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

If we were King what would it take to get the right people in?

You'd have to start with the school President wouldn't you? I remember James being interviewed before the 93 Rose Bowl with the controversy swirling around and Mark Schwartz was asking some tough questions and James got hot and said "you're trying to get me in trouble with my boss" That would be Gerberding, not Hedges. And that was the rift that killed Husky Football

Then you get an AD that gets it. Then you hire the coach.

We keep hiring coaches. We keep getting similar results
    Are you telling me this gal, who hails from the Department of Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies, isn't the University President to lead us to gridiron glory?

When she got elevated to her position some dumbshit doog tried to tell me because she did her undergrad at Miami she "got it." Yeah, ok, sure. FML

@weareafatlesboschool? True?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

If we were King what would it take to get the right people in?

You'd have to start with the school President wouldn't you? I remember James being interviewed before the 93 Rose Bowl with the controversy swirling around and Mark Schwartz was asking some tough questions and James got hot and said "you're trying to get me in trouble with my boss" That would be Gerberding, not Hedges. And that was the rift that killed Husky Football

Then you get an AD that gets it. Then you hire the coach.

We keep hiring coaches. We keep getting similar results
    Are you telling me this gal, who hails from the Department of Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies, isn't the University President to lead us to gridiron glory?

When she got elevated to her position some dumbshit doog tried to tell me because she did her undergrad at Miami she "got it." Yeah, ok, sure. FML

@creepycoug