Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

if *we* lose to Michigan

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,835
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fire Lake. Simple as that. Veteran roster, great oline (doubt it, but doogs say so), gamer at QB who has yet to be sacked, good defense, etc.

If UW loses to Michigan I will have seen enough. If UW cant beat that dumpster fire of a program with Lake at the helm, it isnt ever winning a big OOC game or bowl with him. Cook it. Petersen 2.0 but with a likely worse overall and less Pac 12 titles.

No pressure Jimmy. I expect you to win this game and you better do it.

Loose this game and fire him but you’re fine with going 9-3 and getting to the Alamo bowel?

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fire Lake. Simple as that. Veteran roster, great oline (doubt it, but doogs say so), gamer at QB who has yet to be sacked, good defense, etc.

If UW loses to Michigan I will have seen enough. If UW cant beat that dumpster fire of a program with Lake at the helm, it isnt ever winning a big OOC game or bowl with him. Cook it. Petersen 2.0 but with a likely worse overall and less Pac 12 titles.

How does losing to Michigan stop uw from their quest to become Alamo bowl champions this year?
    I expect UW to lose to Cal and Stanford and you probably should too, doog
    And Oregon. Probably will. Because the wrong people are in charge. That’s the point though.
    So if we dont win the conference, fire the coach?
    Yes but they won't

The 1993 sanctions combined with the damage that Rick did and a pandemic didn't give Jimmy a chance
    Race is right. What it eventually results in is the following.

No pressure on the school to win.
    No pressure on the AD to win.
    Thus no pressure on the coach to win.

Reality is the conference is absolute dreck so there’s a chance there. But they have zero Interest in striving to be a top 10 or even a top 15 program.
    Huskies are 1 of only 11 programs that have played in the playoffs
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Loose this game and fire him but you’re fine with going 9-3 and getting to the Alamo bowel?

As a floor, yeah

UW will always find a way to lose Pac 12 games. I'm okay with that. Most seasons should be 9-3 floors with a conference title every 2 to 3 years. I think that is pretty much the best case scenario for UW.

It's the constant losing of OOC games in stupid fashion that I can't handle more of.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

How does losing to Michigan stop uw from their quest to become Alamo bowl champions this year?
    And Oregon. Probably will. Because the wrong people are in charge. That’s the point though.
    Yes but they won't

The 1993 sanctions combined with the damage that Rick did and a pandemic didn't give Jimmy a chance

Reality is the conference is absolute dreck so there’s a chance there. But they have zero Interest in striving to be a top 10 or even a top 15 program.
    people on this website love glossing over the playoff appearance.

It would be viewed in a lot better light if we managed to win the Fiesta or Rose bowl.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

Yes but they won't

glossing over

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

On the road, the big house, national TV, under the lights…. You tell me what’s going to happen…..the script hasn’t failed in quite a few years here.

Best part of this season it will be over after the first game
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I swear to God, if We
    FireCohen said:

On the road, the big house, national TV, under the lights…. You tell me what’s going to happen…..the script hasn’t failed in quite a few years here.

Best part of this season it will be over after the first game
    First game? How bout' the first quarter when we go down by 17 and fight like hell to lose by a field goal late in the 4th. I'd rather the quick and painless blow out then the nail biting pants shitting I have to endure
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

To the OP: "If"?

I can't wait to play six DBs against Stanford's--I mean Michigan's two-TE run-first pro style offense and watch them go 13/14 on 3rd down. I can't wait for at least two crucial 3rd down drops by UW receivers. I can't wait for everyone to suck off Morris after the game in spite of him throwing for 14 yards in the first 3 quarters ("but that comeback that barely came up short, guysm! He's a gamer!...") and having a long completion that travels 12 yards through the air. I can't wait for the leading rusher to have 5 carries, mostly right up Center's ass crack on obvious rushing downs (which are every down but 3rd and long). I can't wait for us to hate whoever starts next to Ulofoshio.

Wow that was alot of pandering for chins.

I can tell people are jacked up for this game the more negadawgs I see. Gonna be a hype game thread can't wait for it to go full utah
  • Options
    Founders Club

This. Dialed in.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

I can't wait to play six DBs against Stanford's--I mean Michigan's two-TE run-first pro style offense and watch them go 13/14 on 3rd down. I can't wait for at least two crucial 3rd down drops by UW receivers. I can't wait for everyone to suck off Morris after the game in spite of him throwing for 14 yards in the first 3 quarters ("but that comeback that barely came up short, guysm! He's a gamer!...") and having a long completion that travels 12 yards through the air. I can't wait for the leading rusher to have 5 carries, mostly right up Center's ass crack on obvious rushing downs (which are every down but 3rd and long). I can't wait for us to hate whoever starts next to Ulofoshio.

I can tell people are jacked up for this game the more negadawgs I see. Gonna be a hype game thread can't wait for it to go full utah
    Not pandering for chins. Expressing my frustration at the abortion put on the field last year and wondering what crack people are smoking to think it would be better against Michigan on the road. There's a lot of pearl clutching about recruiting and hires or whatever around here, and I suppose a lot of that's justified, but I'll repeat for the 23rd time that this is all burying the lede, and the lede is that Washington went 3-1 (trying DESPERATELY hard to flip that record to 1-3 in the process) in an all-home schedule against three shit teams and then got fucked/no-lube by a homeless team that made it look easy. The ratio of quality of play to talent level in 2020 was fucking Texas level, but this is a conference championship skwaad in 2021, guysm!
    All true. But have you seen the conference? You only have to be the tallest midget.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Since the Whammy
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Should be a contender every year and if you go 3 years in a row without winning the conference or ny6 appearance absolutely. Why is this so hard to understand. If the expectation isn’t there every year what’s the point?

I don’t have faith in jimmy to do it. And he treats the job as though he doesn’t plan on being here long which is fine if he wins. He didn’t Inherit a downtrodden program like all the other black coaches do.

For the record I don’t have faith in Jen to make a hire and the only solution I see is a coach that is a self motivated and competent as the AD will not put the pressure on. Pat Hayden ain’t walking through that door.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,258
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Not pandering for chins. Expressing my frustration at the abortion put on the field last year and wondering what crack people are smoking to think it would be better against Michigan on the road. There's a lot of pearl clutching about recruiting and hires or whatever around here, and I suppose a lot of that's justified, but I'll repeat for the 23rd time that this is all burying the lede, and the lede is that Washington went 3-1 (trying DESPERATELY hard to flip that record to 1-3 in the process) in an all-home schedule against three shit teams and then got fucked/no-lube by a homeless team that made it look easy. The ratio of quality of play to talent level in 2020 was fucking Texas level, but this is a conference championship skwaad in 2021, guysm!
    This this this this this this. Did I mention this this this this this this

For the life of me, I don't get where people see this roadgrader offensive line we supposedly have. Ditto DL. Linebacker besides Edie has been beat to death. First road start for our Jag QB (nothing can go wrong there), with a JAG RB group by committee. TE minus Cade is a huge mystery. Safety play is tbd. I will stop there.

Michigan's defense will look completely different than last year. They quit listening for whatever reason to the DC who is now at Arizona.

We are not winning there.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

Yes but they won't

Is that true?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

We beat UM rather easily. Say 34-17?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    Standard Supporter
    Big test for Morris. I’m excited to see what he and Otton can do in the big house! Make a statement boys!

My dawgs!

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Big test for Morris. I’m excited to see what he and Otton can do in the big house! Make a statement boys!

My dawgs!

I hope so.