Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Denzel Boston, 2022 3* WR, Puyallup (Emerald Ridge), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I'm pretty familiar with the talking points after 23 times

It's still just like your opinion man and I don't agree

At all

I'd love to have a coach that the NFL wants. James was the last one we had. Rick seemed to think he was but he wasn't

Nobody in the NFL cares about or is looking at Jimmy to be their head coach. Jimmy can dream all he wants but it isn't happening.
    No reason for him to be on radars at the moment

Throw out 2 conference winning seasons and your stock goes up

At minimum Jimmy is in consideration for interviews if for no other reason than satisfying the Rooney Rule

There’s nothing about what he’s doing at Washington that comes off as a long term strategy for him
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

How you think we do this year @sonics1993 ? Our schedule is beyond favorable, Oregon's is not. I like us a lot this year and then is gets dicey next year cause we are losing a lot.

I predicted 9-4 with us winning the bowl game. Hope I'm wrong but I think this is an average coaching staff that will underperform the talent on hand.
    9-4 would be a full blown hit the iceberg kind of result
    9-4 would be a "see an iceberg" scenario and not too far off from what last year would equal over a 12 game schedule. Compare that to the last full season, and it's... an improvement.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen could have coached for 20 more years at 8 and 5 to 10 and 3

The fear of a lot of folks here about Jimmy

Jimmy doesn't have that capital

Lucky Pete quit.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

How you think we do this year @sonics1993 ? Our schedule is beyond favorable, Oregon's is not. I like us a lot this year and then is gets dicey next year cause we are losing a lot.

I predicted 9-4 with us winning the bowl game. Hope I'm wrong but I think this is an average coaching staff that will underperform the talent on hand.
    I’m dooging out because I do almost every year, but 9-4 would be my unbiased prediction.

Not sold on the DL or safeties on D. I think our offense will be pretty good and probably better than expected, but still not great. We will have a few close games.

The reason I am optimistic is every other team seems worse than we are.
    This conference is truly awful. That’s why I think they can still win it.

Asu has some talent but always sucks, Utah’s best player died, usc is gross, Oregon is overrated but likes to win which is more than you can say about uw. Doog it up!
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

I’m dooging out because I do almost every year, but 9-4 would be my unbiased prediction.

Not sold on the DL or safeties on D. I think our offense will be pretty good and probably better than expected, but still not great. We will have a few close games.

I think the defense will suck. It kind of did last year.

If there is a legit 1,600-1,800 yard RB on the roster, or Myles-type gamer, the offense could be good. But probably not.

We'll look pretty good against Michigan but lose, sort of like the Auburn game.

Short QB (deep ball not included)+ stupid coach=mediocrity. IMVHO.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

If there is a legit 1,600-1,800 yard RB on the roster, or Myles-type gamer, the offense could be good. But probably not.

It won’t suck, but without improvement, we are bad against the run. A healthy Tuli and a year of improvement from Tuitele and Bandes should help. Neither was close to ready last year tho. Lake signaling out Peihopa as probably getting playing time (before injury) wasn’t a great sign.

LB depth is suspect. We still aren’t sure any safety we have is actually any good.

There are too many impact players on defense to suck, but above average seems more likely than 2016-2018 levels.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

It won’t suck, but without improvement, we are bad against the run. A healthy Tuli and a year of improvement from Tuitele and Bandes should help. Neither was close to ready last year tho. Lake signaling out Peihopa as probably getting playing time (before injury) wasn’t a great sign.

LB depth is suspect. We still aren’t sure any safety we have is actually any good.

There are too many impact players on defense to suck, but above average seems more likely than 2016-2018 levels.
    The DL will be better, LBs will be better as long as Ulo stays healthy, and we are almost guaranteed to get more out of the safety position.

I really don't think we'll see the massive issues against the run we saw last year. I honestly don't think we would have seen them by the end of a hypothetical full 2020. So many things had to go wrong for them to look that bad.

I don't think they'll be 2016-2018 levels of defense but much closer to that than 2019-2020 levels.
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This kid is better than every WR Oregon landed the last 2 cycles and it’s not close. Ballz just told me some good info on this kid, according to him he should be a 5 star and will end up playing for a decade in the NFL!
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The DL will be better, LBs will be better as long as Ulo stays healthy, and we are almost guaranteed to get more out of the safety position.

I really don't think we'll see the massive issues against the run we saw last year. I honestly don't think we would have seen them by the end of a hypothetical full 2020. So many things had to go wrong for them to look that bad.

I don't think they'll be 2016-2018 levels of defense but much closer to that than 2019-2020 levels.
    UW won the games but couldn't get opposing offenses off the field. I felt like Utah and Stanford controlled the gameflow and in both cases the Huskies were on there way to getting blown out before getting some turnovers. Then you think about it, Oregon St. was pesky and even Arizona scored a bunch of points late in the game.

None of those were even above average offenses in my estimation, without looking at the stats.

UW has some really good defensive players scattered around but unless some young guy emerges (Trice) seems kind of mediocre overall.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Defense was behind the offense most places last year. Maybe defense needs more practice time

Made for some great games though

55-48 Bama over Ole Miss

If you see the replay watch it
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @mrdoog don't mention his name in my presence.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

Despite having 4* recruits throughout the depth chart, our D line was absolutely gashed in all the games last year except Zona. On many plays,, Utah and Stanford's RBs could have picked up 5+ yards against our defensive line if they were walking. I kind of wonder if this was part of the reason Malloe was moved.

I feel scheme was a bigger factor, and I think we saw that as half-time adjustments between the first and second halves of Ute and Furd
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

@mrdoog don't mention his name in my presence.

Were you even here when he was around?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Lucky Pete quit.

I agree except that Jimmy is a black man and UW is UW. Ty got two years too many and that was pre-woke'ism. If Jimmy sucks he still gets 6 years.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Lucky Pete quit.

I agree except that Jimmy is a black man and UW is UW. Ty got two years too many and that was pre-woke'ism. If Jimmy sucks he still gets 6 years.
    @BleachedAnusDawg gets if.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 776
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I call for a final judgement on @BleachedAnusDawg.