Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Denzel Boston, 2022 3* WR, Puyallup (Emerald Ridge), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I hate how quickly the Doogs have given up on expectations and are perfectly content with us battling the likes of Eastern, Arizona, and WSU for recruits now. Jimmy is recruiting at a level we haven't seen since the Willingham years. We're staring at 7-5 in our near future and when Jimmy inevitably gets fired the cupboard will be bare for his successor.

Jimmy is recruiting like garbage. Next two years should be okay but after that…
    Y'all can't see past the end of your noses. Can Jimmy coach a season first before we start sitting in as an armchair Nostradamus? No, recruiting is not going well in its current state and there are lots of factors playing into it. A major one is Jimmy's inexperience as a head coach. He's coached 4 games. If we win and Jimmy proves his chops as a head coach and makes some needed coaching changes (DB mostly), recruiting should improve substantially. Also, the Portal is there to fill in gaps. Mediocre classes are less impactful than they used to be. Jimmy has proven he can pull talent from the Portal. I understand the frustration with the current state of recruiting. It sucks, but things can and do change. We also have potential superstar QB play waiting in the wings, which is the most important thing in football. We are not dead yet. It boggles my mind that people are predicting the death of the program and a spiral into mediocrity over this off-season. It's not dooging to say that this season needs to play out before we can consult the Oracle of Delphi. Any bridge jumping now is way premature.
    You're consistent bigern, and not in a good way.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I hate how quickly the Doogs have given up on expectations and are perfectly content with us battling the likes of Eastern, Arizona, and WSU for recruits now. Jimmy is recruiting at a level we haven't seen since the Willingham years. We're staring at 7-5 in our near future and when Jimmy inevitably gets fired the cupboard will be bare for his successor.

Y'all can't see past the end of your noses. Can Jimmy coach a season first before we start sitting in as an armchair Nostradamus? No, recruiting is not going well in its current state and there are lots of factors playing into it. A major one is Jimmy's inexperience as a head coach. He's coached 4 games. If we win and Jimmy proves his chops as a head coach and makes some needed coaching changes (DB mostly), recruiting should improve substantially. Also, the Portal is there to fill in gaps. Mediocre classes are less impactful than they used to be. Jimmy has proven he can pull talent from the Portal. I understand the frustration with the current state of recruiting. It sucks, but things can and do change. We also have potential superstar QB play waiting in the wings, which is the most important thing in football. We are not dead yet. It boggles my mind that people are predicting the death of the program and a spiral into mediocrity over this off-season. It's not dooging to say that this season needs to play out before we can consult the Oracle of Delphi. Any bridge jumping now is way premature.

Ok purp. You go on pretending to be in neutral, wait and see mode but you just keep falling back on the same "can't we just give him a chance" rants that ignore or dismiss the very real evidence of what is happening. You try to dress it up as something different but they all say the same thing. It's the same shit purp and the other positivity police on doogman always posted.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dnc said:

How’d chambers work out?

Caught the greatest pass in 2-9 season history bitch!
    halftime hail Mary in Tucson?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:

How’d chambers work out?

Caught the greatest pass in 2-9 season history bitch!
    halftime hail Mary in Tucson?
    None other
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

How’d chambers work out?

Pretty dumb. Chambers was fucking good. He got fucked at UW, or fucked himself, but it wasn't anything to do with his skills.
    Never asked about talent or why he got fucked but in the end it didn’t work out. That’s all.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Ok purp. You go on pretending to be in neutral, wait and see mode but you just keep falling back on the same "can't we just give him a chance" rants that ignore or dismiss the very real evidence of what is happening. You try to dress it up as something different but they all say the same thing. It's the same shit purp and the other positivity police on doogman always posted.
    Christ, you're obnoxious. Every one of my "rants" has said our recruiting isn't good right now. I'm not disputing that our recruiting isn't good right now. I'm disputing those that say the program is dead and spiraling into mediocrity. We don't know this yet. Lake is a big unknown and that's a big reason why our recruiting isn't going so hot. This season is the Litmus test for fans, recruits, and the overall narrative. Win, make some coaching changes, and we're back in business. Suck and we likely take a multi-year vacation to mediocrity. This season holds all the answers. I'm completely neutral on what the future holds. You miss the mark every time, chuckles. Makin something out of nothing. Like I said before, maybe you need to go fly fishing for some perspective.

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Christ, you're obnoxious. Every one of my "rants" has said our recruiting isn't good right now. I'm not disputing that our recruiting isn't good right now. I'm disputing those that say the program is dead and spiraling into mediocrity. We don't know this yet. Lake is a big unknown and that's a big reason why our recruiting isn't going so hot. This season is the Litmus test for fans, recruits, and the overall narrative. Win, make some coaching changes, and we're back in business. Suck and we likely take a multi-year vacation to mediocrity. This season holds all the answers. I'm completely neutral on what the future holds. You miss the mark every time, chuckles. Makin something out of nothing. Like I said before, maybe you need to go fly fishing for some perspective.

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    More of the same. Jesus.

People make predictions based on the signs. There are no signs pointing to anything good aside from the roster that Lake inherited and a hypothetical improvement in recruiting after a hypothetical good season or two.

Recruiting isn't bad because he's an unknown and there's no reason to assume it will be significantly better when or if he wins games. There is really nothing preventing UW from recruiting well right now other than a historically shitty job being done by the staff. UW still holds appeal like it always has. Petersen finished 8-5, not 2-11. Lake went 3-1, not 1-3. High end prospects are committing because it's UW, then bailing.once they realize what a shit show it's becoming. Thsts hard to ignore.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    More of the same. Jesus.

People make predictions based on the signs. There are no signs pointing to anything good aside from the roster that Lake inherited and a hypothetical improvement in recruiting after a hypothetical good season or two.

Recruiting isn't bad because he's an unknown and there's no reason to assume it will be significantly better when or if he wins games.
    So Lake got his first head coaching gig and four games in a fucked 'vid season to prove to you that there's no reason to expect improvement. Ever. Even winning 12 games wouldn't matter. You've made up your mind. Lake gets no chance to showcase his coaching abilities. Lake has no chance for managerial improvement. We're fixed in this "shitshow" with this staff for all eternity. I can't believe I'm even forced to show you how fucking stupid that sounds.

At least you got lapdog @dirtysouwfdawg slurpin' it up.

This is how I picture you at your computer @dirtysouwfdawg.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    More of the same. Jesus.

Recruiting isn't bad because he's an unknown and there's no reason to assume it will be significantly better when or if he wins games.
    So Lake got his first head coaching gig and four games in a fucked 'vid season to prove to you that there's no reason to expect improvement. Ever. Even winning 12 games wouldn't matter. You've made up your mind. Lake gets no chance to showcase his coaching abilities. Lake has no chance for managerial improvement. We're fixed in this "shitshow" with this staff for all eternity. I can't believe I'm even forced to show you how fucking stupid that sounds.

Only slurpin cause he offered to buy me a wam membership if I slurped. That and anyone who goes after your doog ass is my friend. Hell, @FireCohen could go at you and I’d be all in regardless of point made.

Glad to see we’re now both living rent free.

Much skinnier, about as ugly.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021

If Jimmy has two good to great seasons with what is here the recruiting should improve

Or not. Either way will be interesting

But today the most important thing is to kick ass this year. If we screw the pooch playing actual games I'll join @CallMeBigErn in his constant negativity

30 days or so to go time. Hopefully we make it to that glorious day

Didnt you already hear? The season ended in failure and Jimmy got fired because our class is 25% under performing blue chips instead of 40%
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    More of the same. Jesus.

Says the tard who comments on how I vote.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    More of the same. Jesus.

Says the tard who comments on how I vote.

In no way involved in your dick measuring contest with chuck yet here I am after an @ Hence both, keep up.
  • Options
    Truly gutted and sick to my stomach reading this
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is @Ballz running the Twitter account?
  • Options

Is @Ballz running the Twitter account?

Different former HH legend
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,146
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

Good talk.

Who the fuck is purp?
    Some douche from Doogman.