Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Save the Pac?

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The Pac-12 and leftover Big 12 will talk scenarios, one of which may just be combine their rights

helps cbs imo.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TAMU isn’t coming. They think that everyone here is a heroin junkie communist that sometimes cheers on their effeminate football team, the anteefas, if they’re not busy with sodomy and ballet. They’re not entirely wrong, but I refuse to listen to a school that couldn’t even build and decent bonfire like some type of slow cavemen.

The age of the super conference is upon us. There is no saving the Pacific Whatever Conference League. Or maybe it’s the opposite, don’t listen to me - I’m usually very wrong on these things.

A chance this kick starts the 16-24 team super league, and the leftovers scramble for tallest midget. A relegation system could create a real Hunger Games type spectacle.

I really thought that Texas and Oklahoma were just doing the hustle again, the one that leads the rest of the conference to spread ‘em and give then whatever they want. They used Orangebloods dot com and Larry Scott last time, it seemed like version II. But maybe it’s for real.

I’ve suggested Oregon and Washington going to the Big Ten for years.

As for saving the Pac... Why? Tradition? History? A chance to be pourer than Mizzou? Fuck that, I know we go all the way back to 1994 and Oregon is a founding member, but I say fuck everyone in the conference. Unless there is no better alternative and no invitation - in which case let’s see what we can do to preserve our shared history and future viability.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Get universities out of the sports busniess. It has turned into a fucking disaster.

Make the NFL & NBA pay for their minor leagues. Fuck the other sports.

That’s the answer. That way they players won’t be getting ripped off by the universities and they can get market value for their talents.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Players have always been paid. And the Pac has always destroyed those who cheated best to win. Red Sanders won the last natty for UCLA
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s time for uw to join the big sky.

In reality. Even though our fanbase doesn’t give a shit any more, when these things happen the size of the tv market seems to be the only thing that matters. Maybe that saves uw somehow. But even if it does the admin still thinks they’re sports educators and is going to be boat raced by the real programs in whatever conference they join.

I for one enjoy watching this unfold though.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In the 80's Seattle was a top TV market for college football. Big ratings both for Husky games and games in general
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

In the 80's Seattle was a top TV market for college football. Big ratings both for Husky games and games in general

We are an Asian academic school now and the admin has wrecked much of the sidewalk alumni that were big fans and season tickets holders. All those types in the region now are either duck or sec fans.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The Pac 12 isnt going anywhere and Id be surprised if it even expanded
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Time to go independent in to obscurity
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If there is talk of 20 team conferences (and I saw some rumor of the rest of the Big 12 reaching out to the Pac12 to make one) then it needs to be the best 6 schools in the PAC going to the Big 10. And maybe the Big 10 needs to lose a member or two. But it makes a ton of sense to have two 10 team divisions and gee I don’t know MAYBE PLAY THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN THE ROSE BOWL BETWEEN EAST AND WEST.

Goodbye Rutgers.

West:
    Nebraska, Iowa Minnesota
    UW
    UO
    4 Cali schools
    Colorado
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,663
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Pac 12 isnt going anywhere and Id be surprised if it even expanded

I can see Oregon wanting to go to the B1G but I don't see UCLA's president approving anything like that. Probably the same case for SC, if they don't even give enough of a shit to fire a bad coach why do they care enough to leave the conference with the other 3 big California schools?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I have no idea why we need two NFLs

College football as a regional sport where winning your league and getting a New Year's bowl was the tits, was different from pro football and up until Vince Lombardi, far more popular. Even after the rise of the NFL college ball was second, above baseball, the former America's sport.

Its not going back in the bottle so I'll just yell at clouds and watch it die

I'm close to moving beyond the "yell at clouds" phase. The NFL lovers/ pay the kids bros have already pretty much ruined the game.

At least, NOC about #MyRowBoat and money can't ruin the sport other than giving out too many schollies to Euro Fags.
    And the boys from the South Pacific.

But rowing power has consolidated too. I mean if not UW/CAL/Harvard/Yale/... Princeton? Who is really competing for a V8 title these days?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The pac 12 is perfect the way it is. We dont need big 12 afterthoughts diluting the conference.

The remnants of the big 12 should pick up boise and byu, maybe Houston and Cincinnati. Would be fine
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We are an Asian academic school now and the admin has wrecked much of the sidewalk alumni that were big fans and season tickets holders. All those types in the region now are either duck or sec Seahawk fans.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The pac 12 is perfect the way it is. We dont need big 12 afterthoughts diluting the conference.

The remnants of the big 12 should pick up boise and byu, maybe Houston and Cincinnati. Would be fine

And this is why the Pac 12 and UW suck

NYBE kid

It isn't fine how it is. They fucked it up last time. Fuck it up this time and its over

I'd love to keep it the same. I'd love to go back to 8 teams. But that ship sailed
    The pac 12 sucks because it hasnt dont anything in 5 years in football.

If the pac 12 wins, that is far more important than adding Houston, Okie State, etc

Expansion would fucking suck.

The SEC isnt doing itself any favors. Im not a fan of this move at all. There are too many fucking teams in that conference now, it's ridiculous.

What's going to happen when OU and Texas never sniff success?

The next time realignment happens it will be thr B1G or SEC losing members to form a new conference. Cook it.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The pac 12 sucks because it hasnt dont anything in 5 years in football.

If the pac 12 wins, that is far more important than adding Houston, Okie State, etc

Expansion would fucking suck.

The SEC isnt doing itself any favors. Im not a fan of this move at all. There are too many fucking teams in that conference now, it's ridiculous.

What's going to happen when OU and Texas never sniff success?

The next time realignment happens it will be thr B1G or SEC losing members to form a new conference. Cook it.

i am mildly surprised that ou is agreeing to this, they have a fucking cakewalk to the playoff each year (they get throttled, but still!) and now you're scheduling bama each season?

ts an ps sent.