Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies football schedule

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    That's a rose bowl schedule right there - win or lose at Oregon. I don't expect Petersen to achieve that in his 1st year, but I certainly think he could. Great schedule except Sark forgot to give his backup qb's any meaningful reps. Miles was FORCED into action.

I've been railing on Sark for 2 years over this, more than any other topic, AND FOR GOOD DAGUMMED REASON! He fucked up our opportunity for a rose bowl last year (the year we absolutely should have gone) Now we need an Auburn miracle to reach Pasadena. I don't expect Pete to win more than 8, but he very well could do the unthinkable and win the North and beat UCLA for roses. That's what I'm hoping coach can accomplish. But if Grinolds or anybody here bung - rapes Coach for going 8-5 or 9-4, I'll send Vito in to whack your family in their beds. He gets 3-5 years.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Well I'll be ready cause I'm not going to fucking accept 8-5
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9 min next year. The pieces are there.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Including a bowl game, anything less than ten wins is totally unacceptable.

• Options
    Anything less than 10 with a new head coach and our starting QB on the cusp of playing at Pasadena CC next year? Firecrotch, you are a prime example of what's wrong with fanbases', college or pro.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

It took Sark 5 years to get to 8 wins. You automatically Expect 10 and are unwilling to 'accept' 8? With a new head coach, no qb, no TE, the loss of an 1800 yd rusher, two of our best receivers in limbo, new safeties and a new corner? Isn't that a lot to EXPECT?
  • Options
    it took sark 5 years cause he was a fucking clown, great coaches win 10 games with that schedule and everyone returning on both lines. I would give him another chance at 9, but at 8 he can LEAVE!
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I gave a B to Illinois since they are in a real conference.

I would say a perennial top 20 team is an A, a team from a real conference is a B, and a cruddy team from a cruddy league, but a team that still plays with 85 scholarships, would be the C.

I am aware those days are over.
    Tailgater said:

Who do you give a B ? The OOC schedule is more like a CDDX.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

It took Sark 5 years to get to 8 wins. You automatically Expect 10 and are unwilling to 'accept' 8? With a new head coach, no qb, no TE, the loss of an 1800 yd rusher, two of our best receivers in limbo, new safeties and a new corner? Isn't that a lot to EXPECT?
    All the starting OL back, the whole front 7 on D. If we get good QB play, this should be a 10 win team. 8 wins would be disappointing.
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Georgia_State_Panthers_football_team
    Georgia State went 0 and fucking 12 last year. This will be the kind of bullshit USC will start scheduling so they can pad win totals to make it seem like "progress" is being made
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

also, while at the same time it's only TCU, they did beat an undefeated team in the fiesta bowl. You can say that bullshit about mark few, saying that about petersen is just stupid. And if it's so easy to go 92-12 why doesn't BSU coach do it?

Fuck you

DIAFF
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    September 20th is worse than September 6 ... at least Eastern is a relatively strong DII school.

This is a schedule set up for success.

Rose Bowl or bust.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

September 20th is worse than September 6 ... at least Eastern is a relatively strong DII school.

This is a schedule set up for success.

Rose Bowl or bust.

Disagree. As long as Helfrich doesn't fuck it up, Oregon is the best team in the Pac 12. The game is on the road too. UCLA is probably better too. I think it is 11 wins or bust. A Rose Bowl berth means a top 4 finish with the new playoffs. It's not impossible, but it's probably unlikely. While Sark recruited some talented players, this team has too many holes (at least on paper) for me to proclaim Rose Bowl or bust.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That's a rose bowl schedule right there - win or lose at Oregon. I don't expect Petersen to achieve that in his 1st year, but I certainly think he could. Great schedule except Sark forgot to give his backup qb's any meaningful reps. Miles was FORCED into action.

I've been railing on Sark for 2 years over this, more than any other topic, AND FOR GOOD DAGUMMED REASON! He fucked up our opportunity for a rose bowl last year (the year we absolutely should have gone) Now we need an Auburn miracle to reach Pasadena. I don't expect Pete to win more than 8, but he very well could do the unthinkable and win the North and beat UCLA for roses. That's what I'm hoping coach can accomplish. But if Grinolds or anybody here bung - rapes Coach for going 8-5 or 9-4, I'll send Vito in to whack your family in their beds. He gets 3-5 years.

Raging, flamboyant doog comments.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,901
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Anything less than 10 with a new head coach and our starting QB on the cusp of playing at Pasadena CC next year? Firecrotch, you are a prime example of what's wrong with fanbases', college or pro.

They should be 4-0 with that pathetic OOC slate. So yes, I expect 6 and fucking 4 (or maybe 15 total games if they make the con. championship) in the remaing games. You need to stop dooging it up.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

If Peterman goes 8-5 in 2014, I'll want his ass fired on the 50 yard line at the end of the Apple Cup. That's 4-0 + 4-5.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

All the starting OL back, the whole front 7 on D. If we get good QB play, this should be a 10 win team. 8 wins would be disappointing.

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Pay attention for fuck sake. I'd be disappointed with anything less than 10 as well. But Peterson shouldn't be expected to win more than 8, period!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm expecting 10+ this year, given that our identity should be running the ball down people's throats, and only asking whatever qb is in there to make a play only when the defense gives it to him. This team should surprise the rest of the league and really the country.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2014

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

Pay attention for fuck sake. I'd be disappointed with anything less than 10 as well. But Peterson shouldn't be expected to win more than 8, period!
    He should be expected to win at least 10. Take your own advice, pay attention, and look at the schedule.