Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    I got a kit from Fox a long time ago that included a few Warped GR 88s and I was disappointed as well, for similar reasons. I'm glad I'm not alone in being disappointed in those sticks.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So I'm starting my naughty list here of cigars which have consistently giving me burn/draw issues.

Warped GR 88 - Smoked 5 of these in the past year. 4 of the 5 had terrible burn/draw. Worst 94 rated stick ever.

Fuente Hemingway Short Story - @Swaye got me started on these last year. First 5 or so I enjoyed in life were great. The last 3 I've had to give up on 5 minutes in. Like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose and totally not enjoyable. Cuntswaylow at the factory must be a newbie and is rolling them way too tight.

Got into Fuentes a couple of years ago, and found them to taste good, but arrived rather dry in the package & had to humidify them for a couple to three weeks. And I'm not a patient man. So I haven't re-ordered Fuentes since.
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    Crazy good sale here at Cigarpage:

https://www.cigarpage.com/sell-a-brating-tims-torcher-scorcher.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20220721Th4-Bonus-REDUX-Timmy-B's-Pseudo-Scorcher (WykTpA)&_kx=yPGYoOiR9xLv_CXKWeLfkdx7h_XUovWelpMBPi1KM4dliquq6Ypj7NhqgpuHGs78.MwExHP

One's that I've smoked and enjoyed, now priced at a huge discount:

Dunbarton
    Zino Platinum Scepter
    My Father
    AVO
    Caldwell (especially the Midnight Express)
    Mil Dias
    Liga
    Oliva V Melanio
    Presently enjoying a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 (Maduro).

They are growing on me.
    What are we all too gay to update the fucking Cigar?Humidor thread?
    I thought I was smoking among men here. Was I wrong? Is it just a passing fancy for posers? Or are there actual badasses on this thread who laugh in the face of the "don't smoke" crowd, puffing stinky delicious cigars with a "fuck you, Nancy" attitude?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What are we all too gay to update the fucking Cigar?Humidor thread?
    I thought I was smoking among men here. Was I wrong? Is it just a passing fancy for posers? Or are there actual badasses on this thread who laugh in the face of the "don't smoke" crowd, puffing stinky delicious cigars with a "fuck you, Nancy" attitude?

I smoke 2 cigars per week in the summer. But the fucking heat wave is cramping my style. 100 plus every day on the front (smoking) porch.

If Castro could suck them down in triple digit heat, so can you.

It's also a good way to get the community pool all to yourself.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am smoking three a day right now which might be a problem. Yesterday was an El Septimo, a Davidoff, and a cheap Drew Estate Factory Smoke.
    Swaye said:

I am smoking three a day right now which might be a problem. Yesterday was an El Septimo, a Davidoff, and a cheap Drew Estate Factory Smoke.

Maybe it's time to take a break, go for some ice cream and punch a fat fuck in the throat.

Exercise.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Founders Club
    So that's what those lesions are.

Swaye said:

Thanks for that info.

And for ruining my day.

Asshole.
    Founders Club
    Good sampler with some kinda' rare stuff on sale now ... don't figure it will last long:

https://perfectcigarblend.com/product/fuente-x-rare-pink-sophisticated-hooker-sampler/
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Took quite awhile but I finally got my second commission humidor from Harland Brown. Like the first one, it's all completely handmade. Went nuts on this one and had him hand lay custom inlays. Also got drawers which I like so far. This one does not have a complete electrical humidification system like the other one. It's Boveda based, but he did build the Boveda holders in hidden chambers below the drawers. Really trick. It seals super well and looks the absolute business. Not cheap, but like the other one it's heirloom quality. Worth it. In the group photo I didn't even have it loaded. Now it has about 300 stogies in it. Still have the Daniel Marshall Treasure Chest desktop on top of the bigger one, and I still have about 20 boxes upstairs in the refrigador. I think I'm done with cigar storage now. I have plenty of space for years of stogie aging. Oh yeah, I also just got a box of Cohiba Behike 52's from a friend in Norway. Actually got them at retail pricing! Huge coup. My cigar life is coming up aces.

@DHD @RaceBannon @YellowSnow @Doogles @PurpleBaze @RoadDawg55 @TurdBomber

edit: Forgot I also got a box of those Pappy Van Winkle @DHD pimped ages ago. Love them. Delicious.

Nice land line grandpa!!

Also, this the most baller shit ever.gif
    Honestly Mrs Swaye likes having a house phone and I can't figure out why. I haven't touched that phone in years. lulz
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Took quite awhile but I finally got my second commission humidor from Harland Brown. Like the first one, it's all completely handmade. Went nuts on this one and had him hand lay custom inlays. Also got drawers which I like so far. This one does not have a complete electrical humidification system like the other one. It's Boveda based, but he did build the Boveda holders in hidden chambers below the drawers. Really trick. It seals super well and looks the absolute business. Not cheap, but like the other one it's heirloom quality. Worth it. In the group photo I didn't even have it loaded. Now it has about 300 stogies in it. Still have the Daniel Marshall Treasure Chest desktop on top of the bigger one, and I still have about 20 boxes upstairs in the refrigador. I think I'm done with cigar storage now. I have plenty of space for years of stogie aging. Oh yeah, I also just got a box of Cohiba Behike 52's from a friend in Norway. Actually got them at retail pricing! Huge coup. My cigar life is coming up aces.

edit: Forgot I also got a box of those Pappy Van Winkle @DHD pimped ages ago. Love them. Delicious.

Nice land line grandpa!!

Honestly Mrs Swaye likes having a house phone and I can't figure out why. I haven't touched that phone in years. lulz
    Your old lady putting the “old” in old lady.

You should buy Mrs Swaye a Cadillac sedan.

Swaye said:

Nice land line grandpa!!

BadAss setup Chief.

SweetAss Treasure Chest.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Franny after receiving her inheritance: