Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

While I am hooking all of you up allow me to help you out even if you are on a tight budget. Carrillo Pledge Prequel on sale for 86 bucks a box. Are you fucking kidding me? $8.60 a stick for the Cigar of the Year? 98 rated! I have smoked an entire box of these already, and put up 3 more boxes for the future. Think I am going to buy two more now at these prices.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-2020

I turned @PurpleBaze and @YellowSnow (and @DHD too I think) on to these and they have purchased them in quantity and can back me up here. These cigars are the best dollar to quality stick in the world. Period. Do yourself a favor and buy a box.

https://cityofcigars.com/products/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-5-x-50

Damn you @Swaye got these now, forgot about the other bid I made lol oh well 20>10 ... only 7$shipping lol

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

While I am hooking all of you up allow me to help you out even if you are on a tight budget. Carrillo Pledge Prequel on sale for 86 bucks a box. Are you fucking kidding me? $8.60 a stick for the Cigar of the Year? 98 rated! I have smoked an entire box of these already, and put up 3 more boxes for the future. Think I am going to buy two more now at these prices.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-2020

I turned @PurpleBaze and @YellowSnow (and @DHD too I think) on to these and they have purchased them in quantity and can back me up here. These cigars are the best dollar to quality stick in the world. Period. Do yourself a favor and buy a box.

https://cityofcigars.com/products/e-p-carrillo-pledge-prequel-5-x-50

Damn you @Swaye got these now, forgot about the other bid I made lol oh well 20>10 ... only 7$shipping lol

You won't be disappointed
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I offer little to this topic, but I strolled around the park late night smoking a Romeo y Julieta Real Reserva.

Swaye informed me my need to spit every 10 seconds is because I was most likely ripping it like a crackhead and creating high acidity from burning to fast. Did I get that right @Swaye ?

All in all it was enjoyable but cold. Need to get better at treating the process like a marathon.

Also, Yes I'm a douchebag and framed the Rollie into the shot.

I made an art out of flex photos with cigars and watch. Cruise control for douche.

Yeah, slow down and it doesn't get so acidic tasting. The hotter it gets the more nasty it gets. Gotta take it slow. That's the issues with winter. It's cold as fuck out and you don't want to relax with it. They do make small stogies just for quick 20-30 minute burns. You have a large stogie there. That's an hour plus easy to do it right. Buy smaller sticks. But there is a warning with that - the narrower the ring gauge the easier it is to heat it up improperly. Get a short fatty (NUB makes good ones, or one of the greatest stogies of all tim the Fuente Hemingway Short Story) and enjoy.

• DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Drew Estate Undercrown Flying Pig. Have absolutely loved both the shade and the sungrown as my go to "short smoke" ... usually get about 30 minutes and they've been consistently good:

Founders Club
    DHD said:

Drew Estate Undercrown Flying Pig. Have absolutely loved both the shade and the sungrown as my go to "short smoke" ... usually get about 30 minutes and they've been consistently good:

Yella and I were just discussing "short winter smokes" yesterday. I recommended N45 Cohibas. May look into these.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

These look fun, but a little rich for my blood for short smoke. Fox has then listed at $13 a pop. I’m trying to stay at $7 to $8 on the 30 min smokes.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Thanks for the text, Swaye.

I get the E-Mails from Fox, but I still don't know if a particular kit is primo or not.

Just gave Fox another $130.
    Founders Club

I get the E-Mails from Fox, but I still don't know if a particular kit is primo or not.

All of these sticks are serious business special sticks. I think on balance you will really like most of them. Padron Black too. Excellent stuff in this kit.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

All of these sticks are serious business special sticks. I think on balance you will really like most of them. Padron Black too. Excellent stuff in this kit.
    Can't wait to get my on-wall humidor from Harland. These cigars will need a good home for a while.

I also ordered an ammo can humidor from him. I've filled up 3 acrylics and am not going to invest in any more of those.
    Acrylics are fantastic to a point but when you cross that rubicon you know it. I can't wait for you to get that humidor. Epic.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

@StickDWAGS

@dflea @dannarc @YellowSnow @RaceBannon @Doogles @PurpleBaze @DHD @UW_Doog_Bot @TurdBomber @YouKnowIt

Fox has the CRA Fall Sampler for 129 bucks! I grabbed one. Great deal on over 200 bucks worth of smokes and they are all rares and limiteds with a couple of real megas in there like the Rare Pink and Andalusian Bull. Highly recommend.

https://foxcigar.com/shop/cigars/limited-release/cra-2021-sampler/

In the CRA 2021 Sampler Pack you will receive the following cigars:

La Flor Dominicana Andalusian Bull
    Tatuaje Pumpkin
    My Father 2021 Sampler Exclusive
    Arturo Fuente Rare Pink Happy Ending
    Padron Black No. 200 Maduro
    Brick House Classic No. 4
    Oliva Serie V Melanio Nub EL 460
    Alec Bradley Fine & Rare HJ10-I
    Ashton Symmetry Belicoso
    Rocky Patel ALR Second Edition Toro

Just ordered the pack. Seems like a deal

So now I am screwing my local guy and Lou. I'm a cigar whore
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Can't wait to get my on-wall humidor from Harland. These cigars will need a good home for a while.

I also ordered an ammo can humidor from him. I've filled up 3 acrylics and am not going to invest in any more of those.
    Here's the custom ammo can humidor Harland made for my Marine buddy:

Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Here's the custom ammo can humidor Harland made for my Marine buddy:

Harland is the best, Period. Full stop.
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Got the email on this this morning and was all over it ... good stuff.

Thanks for putting out the APB on it Swaye!
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

Got the email on this this morning and was all over it ... good stuff.

Thanks for putting out the APB on it Swaye!

I always try to get the CRA Sampler when it comes out. Chocked full of super hard to get high end sticks. It's awesome.