Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I get packages. Since Puerto Ricans are not in the habit of sending packages that go BOOM, I felt comfortable opening the box sent by @Doogles. Without further ado, let's find out what's in the box.

@Doogles went above and beyond and did me a solid and it was all unexpected. Very thoughtful to send me such a baller travel humidor for my brithday... and one that matches my Ducati Panigale.

Thanks again, dude. I'll have to figure out how to return the favor.

Free Uber rides or dick pics is really the only answer here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Not a particularly great shot, but I was able to sneak in a subtle Rolex flex for @YellowSnow and that's what really matters.

First time trying this cigar, lasted the entire game, pretty awesome smoke and even a lightweight like me didn't get green in the grills.

The hard part was pretending to root for the Niners, I joined an old diehard type but forgot to tell him I bet heavy on the Eagles. Seeing the QB massacre unfold made the experience sweeter.

I admire you right now.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Not a particularly great shot, but I was able to sneak in a subtle Rolex flex for @YellowSnow and that's what really matters.

First time trying this cigar, lasted the entire game, pretty awesome smoke and even a lightweight like me didn't get green in the grills.

The hard part was pretending to root for the Niners, I joined an old diehard type but forgot to tell him I bet heavy on the Eagles. Seeing the QB massacre unfold made the experience sweeter.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It was minus 10 with the windchill in White Wakanda yesterday. Throat cancer was avoided.

For now.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was minus 10 with the windchill in White Wakanda yesterday. Throat cancer was avoided.

For now.

@swaye in 20 years writing his memoirs of banging SEC sluts along the Gulf Coast.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I admire you right now.
    Weird. You talked me out of a MC White label purchase awhile back.

Or was that just more Injun sorcery?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Weather man calling for a 50% chance of throat cancer weather starting tomorrow and lasting until Saturday. I'm tanned, rested, and ready with a Romeo and Juliet my MIL gave me
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I admire you right now.

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I admire you right now.

You would have to understand the apprentice to master relationship @Doogles and I have with putting him on the path to be able to enjoy smoking.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    I read a review of this cigar someplace, don't remember where, and it sounded interesting, so I bought a few. I let them sit for a couple of months and then when the fog/drizzle/sleet finally broke the other day, I gave it a try. It did not disappoint.

It was mild/medium, but not at all tasteless. Consistent smoke throughout and probably the most even burn I've ever experienced. No touch-ups, no re-lights, nothing but a perfect ring and burn all the way down to the nub.

It was a solid 90 minute - 2 hour smoke, and I got it from Corona Cigar at $15/stick.

I've seen it described as "full bodied", but that wasn't my experience. In fact, I thought this would be a good entry cigar for someone who hadn't tried a cigar before, or had limited experience, because it was a really high-quality smoke, without any harshness or lingering after-taste.

OFC Pi Synesthesia Limited Edition 2022:

The Pi Synesthesia is the second cigar from the new Ozgener Family Cigars (OFC) brand. It’s a limited-edition cigar that is named after an art series that was created by Cano Ozgener, father of Tim Ozgener. The OFC Pi Synesthesia Limited-Edition 2022 is a 6” x 52 Toro that features an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, an Ecuadorian Habano binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. It’s made at Tabacalera Pichardo located in Esteli, Nicaragua.

• Options
    Founders Club
    I also have a box of these on the way:

I generally don't buy boxes of stuff I've never tried, but the reviews for this have been so good that I had to give it a try. I couldn't find any singles available and frankly, it took some work to find anyone online that had boxes still available.

Reviews say that it's worth the hype ... I'll make sure to post in a couple months to let you know if the reviews were right.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

I read a review of this cigar someplace, don't remember where, and it sounded interesting, so I bought a few. I let them sit for a couple of months and then when the fog/drizzle/sleet finally broke the other day, I gave it a try. It did not disappoint.

It was mild/medium, but not at all tasteless. Consistent smoke throughout and probably the most even burn I've ever experienced. No touch-ups, no re-lights, nothing but a perfect ring and burn all the way down to the nub.

It was a solid 90 minute - 2 hour smoke, and I got it from Corona Cigar at $15/stick.

I've seen it described as "full bodied", but that wasn't my experience. In fact, I thought this would be a good entry cigar for someone who hadn't tried a cigar before, or had limited experience, because it was a really high-quality smoke, without any harshness or lingering after-taste.

OFC Pi Synesthesia Limited Edition 2022:

The Pi Synesthesia is the second cigar from the new Ozgener Family Cigars (OFC) brand. It’s a limited-edition cigar that is named after an art series that was created by Cano Ozgener, father of Tim Ozgener. The OFC Pi Synesthesia Limited-Edition 2022 is a 6” x 52 Toro that features an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper, an Ecuadorian Habano binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. It’s made at Tabacalera Pichardo located in Esteli, Nicaragua.

Appreciate that review. Looks like a nice stick. See if my local guy has them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DHD said:

I generally don't buy boxes of stuff I've never tried, but the reviews for this have been so good that I had to give it a try. I couldn't find any singles available and frankly, it took some work to find anyone online that had boxes still available.

Reviews say that it's worth the hype ... I'll make sure to post in a couple months to let you know if the reviews were right.

Something very Blair Witch Project-ish about this cigar.

Makes me nervous enough to skip it.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265

DHD said:

Something very Blair Witch Project-ish about this cigar.

Makes me nervous enough to skip it.
    Looks like the type of cigar I would light off inside the house while the wife is out of town. If I'm still alive when she gets home, she'll kill me shortly thereafter. Win, win, win

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was in Bandera, TX for lunch and found out it was Mardi Gras and a parade. Bandera Cowboy Capital of the World is a fitting description. Anyway ran across Strokers Stogies and bought a couple of cigarillos to have a quick smoke. Pretty good but I do not know cigars I just smoke the damn things.

Gal working there gave me their card and I looked them up - one cigar on the website was a double Madura (whatever that means) and had a review from Cigars and Leisure magazine. Thought I would link the article and you real cigar afficiandos can check it out -
    Article - https://cigarsandleisure.com/profile-stroker-stogies/

Site - https://strokerstogies.com

The gal on the left is who I bought my cigarillos from - they jacked the prices from $2.50 to $3 for the Bandera event - the pic is from the article

• Options
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

Was in Bandera, TX for lunch and found out it was Mardi Gras and a parade. Bandera Cowboy Capital of the World is a fitting description. Anyway ran across Strokers Stogies and bought a couple of cigarillos to have a quick smoke. Pretty good but I do not know cigars I just smoke the damn things.

Gal working there gave me their card and I looked them up - one cigar on the website was a double Madura (whatever that means) and had a review from Cigars and Leisure magazine. Thought I would link the article and you real cigar afficiandos can check it out -

The gal on the left is who I bought my cigarillos from - they jacked the prices from $2.50 to $3 for the Bandera event - the pic is from the article

Did you show her your cigar?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

Did you show her your cigar?
    my cigarillo
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Probably my favorite cigar ever and almost impossible to find. Extremely limited releases.

Get it before it's gone. Padron Black.

https://www.cigarsdirect.com/collections/fresh-meat-and-newly-added/products/padron-black-no-52-robusto