Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mask Update From the Frontlines

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Went to a large Jeep Show in Northern Virginia yesterday. This was the first tim that I got to show my Dad's Jeep (now mine) since he passed away (RIP). All the Jeep shows were cancelled last year due to the Vid, so I was wondering how things would go with this one. We are in Blackface country after all. But, I had some faith, with Jeepers being kind of a freedom loving bunch in general, that I would see something resembling normal life.

Over 100 Jeeps there being judged, and piles more just showing up to spectate. Hundreds and hundreds of people. Car crush. RTI ramp. Burger and dogs and grills everywhere. ACDC blaring from PA speakers all day. Great weather. And not one mask sighting all day. People were shaking hands. Hugging. No masks. At all. Nothing.

Even in the stands, which were packed with people, for raffle prizes and awards, nobody was distancing or wearing masks. It's like Covid just ended. With a whimper.

Take that Blackface. Victory. America is back baby (at least in rural VA it is).

Oh yeah, my Dad's Jeep won its class. Again. He built a helluva Jeep that I am proud to be the caretaker of. I am most pleased that life finally feels like it is somewhat normal again.

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

And ‘grata on the win. Jeep is tooooight

I was just telling the gay cabal this morning that the best part was that while everyone assumes that a Jeep show is just bringing out a bunch of science denying magatard racists, of the 10 Jeep class winners yesterday, 1 was a turd Injun, 4 were women, 1 was a Messican, 3 were cracker rednecks, and 1 was a flaming gay black dude.

A second place trophy went to a black woman wearing wearing a cowboy hat. Guy who won best car crush of the day plaque? Black dude in a sweet 2005 TJ Rubicon. That's about as diverse a group as you can get in magatard cuntry. Oh yeah, none of the above wearing masks. 'Murica!
    Heads up. a bunch of really nice Jeeps coming up in estate sales in two weeks. 6 months at latest. No more than 2 years.
    You missed my edit in your quote. Probably for the best. Yeah, as I was judging yesterday I was picking out what Jeeps to pick up on the cheap after all the bodies start dropping from the super spreader. This assumes I survive.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I was just telling the gay cabal this morning that the best part was that while everyone assumes that a Jeep show is just bringing out a bunch of science denying magatard racists, of the 10 Jeep class winners yesterday, 1 was a turd Injun, 4 were women, 1 was a Messican, 3 were cracker rednecks, and 1 was a flaming gay black dude.

A second place trophy went to a black woman wearing wearing a cowboy hat. Guy who won best car crush of the day plaque? Black dude in a sweet 2005 TJ Rubicon. That's about as diverse a group as you can get in magatard cuntry. Oh yeah, none of the above wearing masks. 'Murica!
    Heads up. a bunch of really nice Jeeps coming up in estate sales in two weeks. 6 months at latest. No more than 2 years.
    You missed my edit in your quote. Probably for the best. Yeah, as I was judging yesterday I was picking out what Jeeps to pick up on the cheap after all the bodies start dropping from the super spreader. This assumes I survive.
    #InThisTogether
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

edit: So I was the Judge for two classes yesterday (Extreme Jeeps and Gladiators), and I gave the #1 spot to the flaming gay black man (basically what I picture DDY looking like if I didn't know he was a white guy). The whole tim I was in, over and under his Jeep he was telling me about what his husband was doing to their other Jeep. Anyway, this gay bundle of bad ass had a brand new Gladiator that had all the appropriate hard core off-road shit done to it, AND he bought a crate Demon motor (700 HP) and had it installed. Jesus fucking Christ. A Demon powered Gladiator driven by a black dude who looked like he just got off a float at the Pride parade. In rural VA. 'Murica.
    Related

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CO2s9nZpDgc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Good looking Jeep. What is that, about a 1985?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    SFGbob said:

Good looking Jeep. What is that, about a 1985?

It is precisely a 1985. Good eye. Still in it's factory color. Original Laredo package as well. Rare.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

edit: So I was the Judge for two classes yesterday (Extreme Jeeps and Gladiators), and I gave the #1 spot to the flaming gay black man (basically what I picture DDY looking like if I didn't know he was a white guy). The whole tim I was in, over and under his Jeep he was telling me about what his husband was doing to their other Jeep. Anyway, this gay bundle of bad ass had a brand new Gladiator that had all the appropriate hard core off-road shit done to it, AND he bought a crate Demon motor (700 HP) and had it installed. Jesus fucking Christ. A Demon powered Gladiator driven by a black dude who looked like he just got off a float at the Pride parade. In rural VA. 'Murica.
    But did he laugh at the Full-Blown AIDS jokes you were telling?

Or were you not representing HH at the event?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,570
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks @Swaye. I really like hearing stories of real people being people. I wish more headlines on broadsheets or TV news were of the "Hey, most of us are all really decent and good; respecting each other is done because most of us aren't twats." Story Continued page A3, or more of this on News at 10. Whatever. These stories confirm what I see every weekend here in small town Arlington (WA not VA) and I appreciate it.

Congrats on the ribbon as well! Very cool. I have my paternal grandfathers '36 Marlin Rifle and an old mantle clock of my maternal Grandmothers both of which I had restored and my wife has two Navajo rugs woven by her maternal great aunt. They are all very dear to me. It's a feeling of pride and responsibility to care for or maintain something that was loved, made or used by someone you loved and respected. Your dads Jeep is pretty fucking cool BTW.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only places where people judge each other like assholes, mask shame and walk around with sticks lodged far up their asses, are in major cities run by democrats.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

Swaye said:

Went to a large Jeep Show in Northern Virginia yesterday. This was the first tim that I got to show my Dad's Jeep (now mine) since he passed away (RIP). All the Jeep shows were cancelled last year due to the Vid, so I was wondering how things would go with this one. We are in Blackface country after all. But, I had some faith, with Jeepers being kind of a freedom loving bunch in general, that I would see something resembling normal life.

Over 100 Jeeps there being judged, and piles more just showing up to spectate. Hundreds and hundreds of people. Car crush. RTI ramp. Burger and dogs and grills everywhere. ACDC blaring from PA speakers all day. Great weather. And not one mask sighting all day. People were shaking hands. Hugging. No masks. At all. Nothing.

Even in the stands, which were packed with people, for raffle prizes and awards, nobody was distancing or wearing masks. It's like Covid just ended. With a whimper.

Take that Blackface. Victory. America is back baby (at least in rural VA it is).

Oh yeah, my Dad's Jeep won its class. Again. He built a helluva Jeep that I am proud to be the caretaker of. I am most pleased that life finally feels like it is somewhat normal again.

Dude, that Jeep is sweet! Don't get drunk and wreck it.

There were thousands, if not 10's of thousands of people at the beaches digging clams this weekend, and the way the weather is, you'd have to be a damn fool to be indoors. Covid's done and the CDC said so. If you're going to hide under the bed at their recommendation, then you should crawl back out when they say it's OK, too - and they just did.

Washington's governor and L&I buttholes need to figure it the fuck out and follow suit, like today. June fucking 15th? No. How about Monday, Jay?
    Ok, magtard
    Not a voting issue for the free shitter flea. High character individual that he is.