Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP Gains

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

godawgst said:

For me. this sadly is another example of class warfare where America (or at least 40% of it) want to stick it to the evil rich and the #robinhood mindset that so many in our country want to have.

If this goes thru, two things happen #1) the millionaires that are effected the most hire more/better accountants and tax attorneys to find ways around this and just like the ATM as time goes on, the threshold continues to decline so more people have to pay it.

As someone said earlier 10% of the people pay 90% of income taxes and upwards of 50% of Americans pay no income tax. Exhibit 1,023,843 of why this is broke.

What these dumb motherfuckers don't understand it that the 'sorta' rich - the ones over $400K/year but not with fuck you money stored up - are the ones who provided a massive amount of jobs in small- and medium- businesses. They'll start downsizing or replacing older workers with younger, cheaper workers.

You know who does understand that? The mega-corporations. They can withstand a couple years' hit to earnings to put a dent in small business. Like all things coming from the leftists, it won't end well. They'll hurt the very people they think they are helping.'

I give no fucks. I'm waiting on the boomer bitches to bounce. Then maybe I'd consider working in a bigger corp again.

Although to be honest the only true path forward is really to go independent
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I would live in Israel before anywhere south of the US border, if that says anything about my perception of being an American in a foreign land.

Enjoy your vaccine passport.