Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP Gains

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since this is the classy board would like to hear from Biden voters on the merits of this pro or con without a bunch of noise

This always comes up but rarely gets anywhere. One of the good? things about billionaires funding both parties?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Since this is the classy board would like to hear from Biden voters on the merits of this pro or con without a bunch of noise

This always comes up but rarely gets anywhere. One of the good? things about billionaires funding both parties?

To me it doesn't matter who you voted for in 2020. Trump made my taxes go up, bigly.

Taxes are fucked up in this country. The middle gets squeezed while those on the high end of the spectrum don't pay their fair share. Corporations included.

One of the most successful people I know said he's happy to pay more in taxes. It just means he's been more successful and he is motivated to make more $.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To me it doesn't matter who you voted for in 2020. Trump made my taxes go up, bigly.

Taxes are fucked up in this country. The middle gets squeezed while those on the high end of the spectrum don't pay their fair share. Corporations included.

One of the most successful people I know said he's happy to pay more in taxes. It just means he's been more successful and he is motivated to make more $.
    Take it to the tug

I got a big tax cut because I am in the middle

So your in favor?

• Options

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

I got a big tax increase because I'm in the middle. Which middle are you in?
  • Options

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

You nerds and your Seinfeld references.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

Why not try to stay on subject here

43% capital gains tax. Pro or con

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2021
    It will likely kill the market this year, as the wealthy will pull out as much money as they can so they can enjoy 20% rates on capital gains this year. After the sell off, things will slowly increase again, but there will not be a huge rally by any means, until they get a new president in office.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

I'm in the middle and taxes went down bigly for me under Trump. Not sure wtf you are talking about.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

I'm in the middle and taxes went down bigly for me under Trump. Not sure wtf you are talking about.
    This is true and out business did great too

Then Newsom killed it but still I endeavor to persevere

I guess Benny doesn't want to talk about capital gains
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

It’s over the first million in gains. Absolutely pro
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

It will likely kill the market this year, as the wealthy will pull out as much money as they can so they can enjoy 20% rates on capital gains this year. After the sell off, things will slowly increase again, but there will not be a huge rally by any means, until they get a new president in office.

Back to green today. There are some absolute amateurs on here
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

Con: 33% max
  • Options

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

There must be multiple "middles."
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

There must be multiple "middles."
    Or you don't know what you're talking about, or you are not actually "middle."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd max at 25% myself
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also the actual proposal is 39% to match the top income rate but there is some 4% surcharge thing going on that makes it 43%
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Fortunately, I expect Biden to actually die before this will see the light of day.

Substitute "hope" for "expect" if you must.

It is a TERRIBLE idea. One of the many reasons I didn't vote for him.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2021

Take it to the tug

So your in favor?

One of THE best Seinfeld scenes ever. I lolz whenever I see it.

I think the rest of it goes:

Kramer: well, they do, and they're the ones writing it off.