Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They’ll back out after fan backlash.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Oregon and Nebraska must enjoy getting gangbanged mercilessly
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021

20 years ago Michigan and UW would be in

Clemson wouldn't

Was UW decent in the late 90?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2021

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

Your eyes are as good as mine but yes they were

Preseason #1 as late as 1997. Natty in 91. Uncrowned champs in 2000 after beating the vaunted Canes

Point is Michigan was coming off of a 97 natty and Oregon had yet to win a Rose Bowl and pop off. It would have been USC and UW not Oregon

And it would be Florida State and Miami not Clemson

In 2000 Bama was struggling

Things change all the time and a super league of 15 teams is retarded. Do the Power 64
    USC had been pretty bad (aside from the Keyshawn team) for a decade in 2000.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

Preseason #1 as late as 1997. Natty in 91. Uncrowned champs in 2000 after beating the vaunted Canes

Point is Michigan was coming off of a 97 natty and Oregon had yet to win a Rose Bowl and pop off. It would have been USC and UW not Oregon

Things change all the time and a super league of 15 teams is retarded. Do the Power 64
    Won 2 RBs in the 80s (and lost 2 more) and the 1 in the 90s. They weren't a juggernaut but they still pretty significant.

They're always going to be a factor in this kind of stuff because of the TV market and history.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

True

They had dominated the Pac most of the 80's but UW and UCLA won multiple league titles in the 90s. Bitchfork almost won the natty in 96

That's why I say let the 64 in
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

True

They had dominated the Pac most of the 80's but UW and UCLA won multiple league titles in the 90s. Bitchfork almost won the natty in 96

I’d forgotten how good ucla was in the late 90s.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

True

UCLA won in 93 too. They lost to Wisconsin twice in the Rose Bowl I think

UW
    UW
    UW
    UCLA
    Oregon
    USC
    ASU
    WSU
    UCLA
    Stanford

From memory -the 90s. 6 out of the 10 won the league. And football was invented

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

True

UCLA won in 93 too. They lost to Wisconsin twice in the Rose Bowl I think

UW
    UW
    UW
    UCLA
    Oregon
    USC
    ASU
    WSU
    UCLA
    Stanford

From memory -the 90s. 6 out of the 10 won the league. And football was invented
    UCLA tied with WSU in 97 and finished #5 in the country. They were real good with McNown.
    How TF did I not remember/realize that the Pac lost 8 out of the 9 Rose Bowels between the UW wins in 91 and 2000?

Thanks Northwestern!
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stupid clickbait. I think keeping Florida State out was just to intentionally stir controversy. Other than pointless geography, not having Florida State and Miami but having Nebraska makes no sense. Oregon has nothing in common with these programs. Once you get past the 10 obvious choices, there are about 20 programs that can move up and down that are about the same.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People forget that Ty won multiple Rose Bowls at Stanford
    dnc said:

How TF did I not remember/realize that the Pac lost 8 out of the 9 Rose Bowels between the UW wins in 91 and 2000?

Thanks Northwestern!

Did our boy Barry Alverez win three Rose Bowls? On Wisconsin @PurpleBaze @Mad_Son

UW beat Wisconsin at home in 92 and Alveraz backed out of the 93 return game in Madison so he could build his program. Ended up winning the Rose Bowl that year
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

Clemson wouldn't

csb: Friend of mine was a CA JuCo player in mid 90s and got some interest from LSU. And it was kinda "LSU? Huh, ok, cool."

People forget that Ty won multiple Rose Bowls at Stanford

dnc said:

Thanks Northwestern!

Did our boy Barry Alverez win three Rose Bowls? On Wisconsin @PurpleBaze @Mad_Son

UW beat Wisconsin at home in 92 and Alveraz backed out of the 93 return game in Madison so he could build his program. Ended up winning the Rose Bowl that year
    Yep he won in 93, 98 and 99, twice over UCLA and once over Ty. All one score games.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And the legendary Fight for Your Seat Night at Autzen when Wiscy dropped by