Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC and Oregon part of Andy Staples' 15-team "Super League" concept

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

And the legendary Fight for Your Seat Night at Autzen when Wiscy dropped by

Whaaaa?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Whaaaa?
    You never knew about this?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Some of the largest TV markets excluded.

Nebraska and Flyover markets included.

15 teams...yeah.

Even SEC, SEC people know this puts the sport in NGAF territory. But nothing like this will happen else it's around 50 teams.

Masterful clickbait. I hope The Athletic goes under.

You've got a lot of @haie in you're life.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No good reason for Nebraska or Texas to be on that list. I saw another that had ucla, but in both no uw.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Whaaaa?
    A legendary DFI issue

Early 2000s Wisconsin comes to Autzen. A travel agency sold seats that were already sold.

So Fight for Your Seat Night
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

No good reason for Nebraska or Texas to be on that list. I saw another that had ucla, but in both no uw.

They're click bait articles made by the Aaron Fentresses of the world. Why do people even give a fuck about this?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

dOgmaster said:

They're click bait articles made by the Aaron Fentresses of the world. Why do people even give a fuck about this?
    cause its 'mt rushmore season' for sports.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Whaaaa?
    A legendary DFI issue

Early 2000s Wisconsin comes to Autzen. A travel agency sold seats that were already sold.

So Fight for Your Seat Night
    We have to teach the noobs everything.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    These lists are usually garbage written by people who really don’t know college football, but it once again speaks to the power of perception and marketing.

I like to talk designer watches with some of guysm on the @YellowSnow’s Emmanuelle Chriqui Fan Club Board. Rolex could start making absolute pieces of shit tomorrow and still coast on their reputation for years, if not decades, ‘cause they’re motherfucking Rolex.

Washington used to be high end, but now we’re on the clearance rack...and we keep getting marked down.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

These lists are usually garbage written by people who really don’t know college football, but it once again speaks to the power of perception and marketing.

I like to talk designer watches with some of guysm on the @YellowSnow’s Emmanuelle Chriqui Fan Club Board. Rolex could start making absolute pieces of shit tomorrow and still coast on their reputation for years, if not decades, ‘cause they’re motherfucking Rolex.

Washington used to be high end, but now we’re on the clearance rack...and we keep getting marked down.

If you look at the 2010's we aren't top 10 but we are like 19th in aggregate metrics of "does your school and program matter" in the country. Revenue, College football playoffs, TV market, regional appeal. In the country. That's coming off a decade of trying to peapatch ourselves.

Then of course dipshit quooks are like 'LoOk at BamMer LOl they ain't in La!!!" Yeah, because they're a historical dynasty. No one gave a fuck about the golden state warriors before Steph and Klay. As a Portland homer, no one gives a fuck about the Portland TV market, nor the daffy duck brand beyond Mariota.

In my opinion, a super conference includes almost half, if not half of the Pac 12 just based on markets alone, which matters more than anything. UCLA, ASU, pains me to say but even Utah gets included.

It's college football, not "footy". There's no rainbow sidewalks here (well, there is fuck), it's minimum 50 teams spread out to make travel easier.

Why am I wasting my time with this? This was all reactionary drivel off of Eurotrash realignment.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

20 years ago Michigan and UW would be in

Clemson wouldn't

Was UW decent in the late 90?
    Your eyes are as good as mine but yes they were

Preseason #1 as late as 1997. Natty in 91. Uncrowned champs in 2000 after beating the vaunted Canes

Point is Michigan was coming off of a 97 natty and Oregon had yet to win a Rose Bowl and pop off. It would have been USC and UW not Oregon

And it would be Florida State and Miami not Clemson

In 2000 Bama was struggling

Things change all the time and a super league of 15 teams is retarded. Do the Power 64
    USC had been pretty bad (aside from the Keyshawn team) for a decade in 2000.
    The Keyshawn team wasn’t even that good. I’m still mad about the tie in 95. I’m not sure if that was the first game I had ever been to, but it’s the first game I remember being in the stadium for. It’s really stupid that ties happened at one point in CFB.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

ntxduck said:

FireCohen said:

20 years ago Michigan and UW would be in

Clemson wouldn't

Was UW decent in the late 90?
    Your eyes are as good as mine but yes they were

Preseason #1 as late as 1997. Natty in 91. Uncrowned champs in 2000 after beating the vaunted Canes

Point is Michigan was coming off of a 97 natty and Oregon had yet to win a Rose Bowl and pop off. It would have been USC and UW not Oregon

And it would be Florida State and Miami not Clemson

In 2000 Bama was struggling

Things change all the time and a super league of 15 teams is retarded. Do the Power 64
    USC had been pretty bad (aside from the Keyshawn team) for a decade in 2000.
    The Keyshawn team wasn’t even that good. I’m still mad about the tie in 95. I’m not sure if that was the first game I had ever been to, but it’s the first game I remember being in the stadium for. It’s really stupid that ties happened at one point in CFB.
    Yeah. Notre dame (who wasn’t great either post 93) beat usc 13 straight times I believe from the late 80s to 2001, including a blow out of that Keyshawn team
  • Options
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

Whaaaa?
    You never knew about this?
    Nope—that was after I moved away from Eugene. I remember the game, had to go to the local sports bar as an 11 year old to watch it since that was when abc was still doing the regional coverage.
  • Options

95 Huskies

Blew it late against Notre Dame

Blew it late against Oregon

Blew the 2nd half against USC

Got whipped at Ohio State

Should have been 10-1 headed to Pasadena

Thanks Lambo

@puppylove_sugarsteel

That Nd UW game was the first non Oregon game I ever went to
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

95 Huskies

Thanks Lambo

@puppylove_sugarsteel

That Nd UW game was the first non Oregon game I ever went to
    The Ms were winning game 4 against the Yankees that day
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    Founders Club

POTW, rather easily.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

POTW, rather easily.
    Put it in the Wigwam Weekly!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    Founders Club

95 Huskies

Thanks Lambo

@puppylove_sugarsteel

Going to a Catholic school (#myLancers), my loyalties were nearly 50-50 between UW & GRUNDLE’s Irish leading up to that game.

I had plenty of people at work asking who I wanted to win and until I walked into a sports bar with the game already going, I was completely undecided. Once I saw Husky Stadium on the TV, my loyalties were no longer split.