Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Another innocent "Angel" lost

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,458
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

If the criminal has a gun, I agree but there are countless stories where they don't or the weapon is not immediately life threatening. In situations like this, I think using these alternatives methods could reduce the unfortunate cases of unnecessary death. I understand where you and WLD are coming from and you're probably right in that nothing will placate the left and media. They are promoting the violence not because they care about people dying but because they want more death and violence to keep them in power.

A person swinging a butcher knife is an immediate life threatening reality.

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

If the criminal has a gun, I agree but there are countless stories where they don't or the weapon is not immediately life threatening. In situations like this, I think using these alternatives methods could reduce the unfortunate cases of unnecessary death. I understand where you and WLD are coming from and you're probably right in that nothing will placate the left and media. They are promoting the violence not because they care about people dying but because they want more death and violence to keep them in power.

Depending on proximity. Within reach of the victim, yes. Needs to close the gap and the cop has some other weapon, then it's at least reasonable.

Of course, this then introduces the variable of the cop having to make choice of which weapon to use, and we've already seen how that can go down.
    They say that if someone within 21 feet of you has a knife and heads towards you, you’re getting cut, no matter how fast you shoot. 21 feet is pretty fucking far.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How do we know that the cop didn't think he was using his taser?

Little weapon confusion humor
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

Depending on proximity. Within reach of the victim, yes. Needs to close the gap and the cop has some other weapon, then it's at least reasonable.

Of course, this then introduces the variable of the cop having to make choice of which weapon to use, and we've already seen how that can go down.
    They say that if someone within 21 feet of you has a knife and heads towards you, you’re getting cut, no matter how fast you shoot. 21 feet is pretty fucking far.

21 ft. I’ll have a word with “they”. Someone comes at me bro with a knife and there’s no ambiguity about their intent and I have a gun?

Creep’s not getting cut in that scenario. I’m not that slow with a weapon and my feet work well too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

21 ft. I’ll have a word with “they”. Someone comes at me bro with a knife and there’s no ambiguity about their intent and I have a gun?

Creep’s not getting cut in that scenario. I’m not that slow with a weapon and my feet work well too.
    Well, that’s what they tell cops when they train them. People don’t go down immediately when they get shot. Especially ones on drugs or having psychotic episodes.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,864
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I posted a body cam video of a female cop unloading into a knife attacker and having to clear a jam. The don't go down like people think. She was lucky.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

Well, that’s what they tell cops when they train them. People don’t go down immediately when they get shot. Especially ones on drugs or having psychotic episodes.
    Fair poont. Just sayin 21 ft and a gun and this Bobcat walks away without a scrape. Like I said my feet work too. I’m quite ambulatory.

• Options

I posted a body cam video of a female cop unloading into a knife attacker and having to clear a jam. The don't go down like people think. She was lucky.

Depends on what you’re shootin’ with.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,864
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Most cops have 9mm. Not sure what ammo they are using but probably not icky people killer bullets.
  • Options
    Founders Club

This. Creep, if you want to see some crazy shit, check out Donut Operator on YouTube. He’s a former cop who does a lot of police breakdown videos, and it’s unbelievable how many people don’t go down after getting shot repeatedly. It’s mind boggling.
  • Options

Most cops have 9mm. Not sure what ammo they are using but probably not icky people killer bullets.

Also, they do tend to go down quickly when you hit them in the head.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Yeah but why couldn't the cop have just shot the knife out of her hand?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Yeah but why couldn't the cop have just shot the knife out of her hand?
    That’s a tuff shot Cotton.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I would have just let her stab the other chick then acted like I didn't have time then tased her.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cops definitely use people killer bullets. They aren’t shooting FMJs. Too much penetration and potential for collateral damage. They use personal defense hollow points like Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, etc. If they have to shoot someone, they want them going down as fast as possible. That’s not happening with FMJs.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited April 2021

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

Fair poont. Just sayin 21 ft and a gun and this Bobcat walks away without a scrape. Like I said my feet work too. I’m quite ambulatory.

The 21 ft rule is based on training scenarios where officers walk into an unknown situation with their weapon strapped and secure.

The other variable is that the “suspect” is a highly trained martial artist with a knife.

It simulates an unknown situation that officer’s may encounter, extreme as it is.

I’ve also seen videos of officer’s attacked from 21 feet and closer with their weapon secure AND KNOWING that the suspect is going to come at them. Same rule applies.

Bobcat has his weapon holstered and secure.

Respect knives and people who know how to use them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=js0haocH4-o
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Cops definitely use people killer bullets. They aren’t shooting FMJs. Too much penetration and potential for collateral damage. They use personal defense hollow points like Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, etc. If they have to shoot someone, they want them going down as fast as possible. That’s not happening with FMJs.

Hollow points: 9 mm, 10 mm, .40 caliber, .45 caliber . . . Depends on the agency.