Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Peer reviewed study: Masks provide zero benefit, may cause premature death

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

doogie said:

@TheKobeStopper, @insinceredawg, @HHusky, @EwaDawg, @MelloDawg Can you refute this science? It seems to contradict Dr Fauci.

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

I don't think this article means what you think it means.

Also, scientists don't always agree, which is why the hash it out with studies. Some says masks are helpful, some say they are not.

Who knows.

At one point in time in the 20th century, nearly all scientists thought we'd never walk on the moon.

One thing is certain though. If a dumbfuck like Trump is against masks, and all of his dick suckers here are too... then for now... I'm for masks.

Even a broken clock is right 2x a day ... and even an idiot is right from time to time.

Blindly assuming that something someone says or thinks is wrong because you don't like them is the definition of fucktarded

As always, take evidence, think critically, form your own opinions.

Why do so many people require other people to think for them?
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    That’s a great post by me. The complete lack of sense of humor on the right is your own problem.

Plenty of studies have shown masks work. The one that’s been debunked for lying about masks poisoning you and rambles on about how dehumanizing it is, doesn’t deserve a serious response.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,916
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

That’s a great post by me. The complete lack of sense of humor on the right is your own problem.

Plenty of studies have shown masks work. The one that’s been debunked for lying about masks poisoning you and rambles on about how dehumanizing it is, doesn’t deserve a serious response.

Seriously?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

doogie said:

@TheKobeStopper, @insinceredawg, @HHusky, @EwaDawg, @MelloDawg Can you refute this science? It seems to contradict Dr Fauci.

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech

Also, scientists don't always agree, which is why the hash it out with studies. Some says masks are helpful, some say they are not.

Who knows.

At one point in time in the 20th century, nearly all scientists thought we'd never walk on the moon.

One thing is certain though. If a dumbfuck like Trump is against masks, and all of his dick suckers here are too... then for now... I'm for masks.

Johnny come lately comes out for masks because tRUmP iS AgAInsT ThEm
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Who knows.

Blindly assuming that something someone says or thinks is wrong because you don't like them is the definition of fucktarded

Which isn't what I wrote... try harder.

Different scientists don't agree.

But if Trump is against them (and his dick suckers here)... then for now... I'm for them.

I realize the above concepts might be challenging to the typical Trump fan, but try hard to rise above the rest of your ilk.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Who knows.

But if Trump is against them (and his dick suckers here)... then for now... I'm for them.

I realize the above concepts might be challenging to the typical Trump fan, but try hard to rise above the rest of your ilk.
    Biden is president now

Thank a racist like yourself
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Who knows.

Biden is president now

Indeed. Most thinking Americans are thankful every single day.

Trump was the worst president this nation has had in the last 100 years.

He even made W look smart -- which isn't easy.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Who knows.

I'm far from a Trump fan ... dude has some major flaws and issues ... also got some things right as well ... important to be fair and balanced

I know you didn't write that ... but your implication is "do the opposite" of what someone (and others) you clearly disagree with on principal ... so now you know why I wrote what I wrote.

I've got no problem wearing my mask, being symbolic, etc.

Basic science leaves me dubious that they are the solution that some want you to believe that they are ...

I'll continue to adapt my life to avoiding unnecessary interactions until I'm at the point of being fully vaccinated

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021

That’s sounds amazing but is utterly untrue. The only studies that show masks do anything are studies of N95 masks worn by people trained not to touch them while wearing them...and still then they are only marginally beneficial. The idea all these cloth masks people take on and off all the time are scientifically proven to do anything is both fraudulent and idiotic, and if you can’t look at a world-wide set of data the last year and question this nonexistent “scientific” consensus you don’t have critical thinking bone in your body.

Or as the WHO...”acknowledges that we lack evidence that wearing a mask protects healthy persons from SARS-CoV-2.”

• Options

That’s sounds amazing but is utterly untrue. The only studies that show masks do anything are studies of N95 masks worn by people trained not to touch them while wearing them...and still then they are only marginally beneficial. The idea all these cloth masks people take on and off all the time are scientifically proven to do anything is both fraudulent and idiotic, and if you can’t look at a world-wide set of data the last year and question this nonexistent “scientific” consensus you don’t have critical thinking bone in your body.

Or as the WHO...”acknowledges that we lack evidence that wearing a mask protects healthy persons from SARS-CoV-2.”

I wonder if people thought about masks being advised to help the general public alleviate fears about carrying out routine everyday tasks?

Problem is that the doubling down on masks has been to the point where people then go one step further and have treated masks as these magical devices to keep them safe from COVID
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I wonder if people thought about masks being advised to help the general public alleviate fears about carrying out routine everyday tasks?

Problem is that the doubling down on masks has been to the point where people then go one step further and have treated masks as these magical devices to keep them safe from COVID
    Masks aren't the worst part. It's the smug arrogance and ignorance shown by many attention-seeking mask addicts who think they're doing something heroic.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Masks aren't the worst part. It's the smug arrogance and ignorance shown by many attention-seeking mask addicts who think they're doing something heroic.
    Smug arrogance and ignorance you say?

Ironic.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Do you notice that “Kindness” is demanded to flow one way and is based on emotion rather than Science?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    How about we make a deal? The masks work cult can have their victory and we wear them indoors where required. In exchange, a little self awareness on their part: End the lockdowns, and wearing masks outside and having to sanitize everything is also recognized as being bad advice.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    you want to negotiate with fascists?