Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Peer reviewed study: Masks provide zero benefit, may cause premature death

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

doogie said:

I went to a little league BB game yesterday at the City park. Two games were in progress simultaneously with about 100-150 people total in attendance. When I walked in maskless, I drew many, many stares but no comments. One by one, the masks were pulled down and many disappeared into a pocket. It turned to about 60/40 after about an inning and a half.

It was beautiful sight to see.

Having finished my work there, I made a quiet exit.

Wow, such bravery. You're like those boys hitting the beaches at Normandy. And such leadership skills, too.

Was anyone around to issue you a plaque or trophy or something?
    I see @dflea is insanely jealous, as usual, angry and envious that he has nothing worth posting.

Come witness @dflea's massive inferiority complex in every thread.
    Oh look - it's humble brag guy saying I'm the insecure one

How many homes do you have again? Never mind, you already told everyone.

lol

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2021
    dflea said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

I went to a little league BB game yesterday at the City park. Two games were in progress simultaneously with about 100-150 people total in attendance. When I walked in maskless, I drew many, many stares but no comments. One by one, the masks were pulled down and many disappeared into a pocket. It turned to about 60/40 after about an inning and a half.

Wow, such bravery. You're like those boys hitting the beaches at Normandy. And such leadership skills, too.

I see @dflea is insanely jealous, as usual, angry and envious that he has nothing worth posting.

Come witness @dflea's massive inferiority complex in every thread.
    Oh look - it's humble brag guy saying I'm the insecure one

How many homes do you have again? Never mind, you already told everyone.

lol

I didn't say you were insecure, but you know yourself better than I.

While you're at it, learn what a "humble" brag is, Fish-Fucking Foster Reject.
  • Options
    dflea said:

doogie said:

dflea said:

doogie said:

That’s the irony. It took no bravery at all. Just a quiet simple act of stark common sense leadership.
    Sure sounded brave to me the way you weathered the states and still stood your ground.

Don't sell yourself short.
    Still nothing @dflea. And you've already ceilinged.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

You’re wandering quickly into scientific discipline where you have very little in the way of an understanding basis. You should talk less and listen more.

• Options
    thechatch said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re wandering quickly into scientific discipline where you have very little in the way of an understanding basis. You should talk less and listen more.

This. It was obvious from the start that @TheKobeStopper had no idea what his linked study meant.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548

thechatch said:

This. It was obvious from the start that @TheKobeStopper had no idea what his linked study meant.
    He didn’t even read it beyond the abstract, if that.
  • Options
    BangaRangBangaRang Member Posts: 248
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2021
    All you have to read is the difference between the diameter of the virus body and the thread diameter of medical and non medical facemasks. Been saying that forever. Virus passes right through.

Cue Price Is Right loser music
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,844
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    BangaRang said:

All you have to read is the difference between the diameter of the virus body and the thread diameter of medical and non medical facemasks. Been saying that forever. Virus passes right through.

Most masks also have nose gaps and a lot of outgoing air isn't even "filtered" by the cloth. A properly fitted N95 mask would give some protection but you hardly ever see one. The latest (could change in a week) CDC finding is that you need 15 minutes of exposure. So, if you were sitting inside a church or a basketball game you might get that exposure. But wandering around Costco, you aren't going to get the 15 minutes.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The study is being debunked all over the place. Fouchee did originally say on 60 minutes masks are pointless.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

The study is being debunked all over the place. Fouchee did originally say on 60 minutes masks are pointless.

Who is debunking it?
  • Options
    edited April 2021

BangaRang said:

Most masks also have nose gaps and a lot of outgoing air isn't even "filtered" by the cloth. A properly fitted N95 mask would give some protection but you hardly ever see one. The latest (could change in a week) CDC finding is that you need 15 minutes of exposure. So, if you were sitting inside a church or a basketball game you might get that exposure. But wandering around Costco, you aren't going to get the 15 minutes.
    One of my kids works in healthcare and they've been following a "15 minute mask rule" for almost a year.

Same kid tested positive once and experienced 48 hours of mild cold symptoms before returning to normal.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

BangaRang said:

One of my kids works in healthcare and they've been following a "15 minute mask rule" for almost a year.

Same kid tested positive once and experienced 48 hours of mild cold symptoms before returning to normal.
    I owned a company where we had masks of every level of protection right up to environmental suits with compressed clean air. Masks don't work. The virus is about 1/10 the size of a particle of dust. N95's are tinker toys and were our everyday masks for dry mixed/blended chemistry. Pull them off at the end of the day after working with powdered clay and there is white all the way up your nose and around your nasal cavities. Pull over masks people wear around their necks? 100% useless. Cheap blue surgical masks? Garbage. Face shields? LOL!

I have yet to see one mask on one person that does not have gaps on the top, bottom and around the nose. Even if the different woven masks were tight around all orifices' the virus is so small it just travels through the masks. Followers like HH believe in the masks, just let him go. He believes whatever his leaders tell him.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,868
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

BangaRang said:

I owned a company where we had masks of every level of protection right up to environmental suits with compressed clean air. Masks don't work. The virus is about 1/10 the size of a particle of dust. N95's are tinker toys and were our everyday masks for dry mixed/blended chemistry. Pull them off at the end of the day after working with powdered clay and there is white all the way up your nose and around your nasal cavities. Pull over masks people wear around their necks? 100% useless. Cheap blue surgical masks? Garbage. Face shields? LOL!

I have yet to see one mask on one person that does not have gaps on the top, bottom and around the nose. Even if the different woven masks were tight around all orifices' the virus is so small it just travels through the masks. Followers like HH believe in the masks, just let him go. He believes whatever his leaders tell him.
    Inslee said that masks didn’t work for the fires last year.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hmm lab employees at Wuhan wear space suits but caught it but your cotton fabric magic mask will save you?

The Chinese released the virus on the world. No doubt about that. It was an act of war.
  • Options

BangaRang said:

Every thing you say is true, and masks don't guarantee or even significantly affect exposures and transmissions. But they can slow down transmissions and reduce viral loads in some situations, so they aren't completely worthless. But the false sense of security and confidence people place in masks was ridiculous, given "the science." And that may have led many people to believe they were safer than they were, especially those condescending mother fuckers who ask "where's your mask?" Reply: "You mean my virus droplet concentration rag?"

It's as if nobody ever watched how raindrops formed in elementary school. But that's a whole other topic.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kobe's love of peer reviewed science
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The idea of needing to wear masks while exercising is the one that gets me ... let's do something that restricts air flow and oxygen levels when your body needs oxygen the most.

If you want me to wear a mask for symbolic reasons for like 5-10 minutes then whatever ...

You want me to wear one while I'm sitting watching practice at Husky Stadium, I'm not exerting myself so whatever ...

I can't imagine having to wear one full time while working a full 8-10 hour day
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,002
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    doogie said:

@TheKobeStopper, @insinceredawg, @HHusky, @EwaDawg, @MelloDawg Can you refute this science? It seems to contradict Dr Fauci.

Did you hear about the peer-reviewed study done by Stanford University that demonstrates beyond a reasonable doubt that face masks have absolutely zero chance of preventing the spread of Covid-19? No? It was posted on the the National Center for Biotechnological Information government website. The NCBI is a branch of the National Institute for Health, so one would think such a study would be widely reported by mainstream media and embraced by the “science-loving” folks in Big Tech

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

I don't think this article means what you think it means.

Also, scientists don't always agree, which is why the hash it out with studies. Some says masks are helpful, some say they are not.

Who knows.

At one point in time in the 20th century, nearly all scientists thought we'd never walk on the moon.

One thing is certain though. If a dumbfuck like Trump is against masks, and all of his dick suckers here are too... then for now... I'm for masks.