Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Caleb Presley, 2023 4* CB (Eastside Catholic) (COMMITTED)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,606
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's good I don't get the concerns.

What concerns?

I would've thought he was a good get in any year.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

He's good I don't get the concerns.

What concerns?

I would've thought he was a good get in any year.
    Not on this board.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,529
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:
    In your next RV Diary I would love a flashback story or two about your tim as a Beach Boy
    being an old fart - we were the cause of RB having to play all their FB games in the afternoon - they tried to keep us home after dark. The girls at Lake Hills (the Eastside rich ones) loved us thugs from RB - although I was the furthest thing from a thug.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    One of these guys have to replace Powell because he sucks ass. I don’t care how much experience he has he sucks
    Swaye's Wigwam

One of these guys have to replace Powell because he sucks ass. I don’t care how much experience he has he sucks

Yeah he'll show up one or two plays per game and make people forget all the times he was seen trailing his guy by 5 yards.

The transfer from OSU is almost a sure starter I would think.

One or two of the guys already here might actually be OK as sophomores. I doubt it though.

The JC transfer looks really good to me. I think he's candidate #1 to displace Powell.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Trufant was the first freshman that I can remember coming in and looking great. I think one of these two if not both may be starting. Mainly because they are physical. Powell is not.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    TTJ said:

Powell looks pretty physical to me. Probably the best open-field tackler on the team.

Powell was great in run support and didn't make many missed tackles

He was a liability in coverage, and he was burned several times when he didn't have safety help (like against Oregon St)
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trufant was the first freshman that I can remember coming in and looking great. I think one of these two if not both may be starting. Mainly because they are physical. Powell is not.

Dont forget about Nate Robinson
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,093
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Trufant was the tallest midget his freshman year. The other CB was Quentin Richardson. Trufant was average until his senior season. Maybe a lot of that was shit coaching, but your memory is foggy.
    Trufant was the classic Husky case of good promising freshman year then slowly regressing to a fork in the road senior season where he chose wisely and worked hard enough to be a first rounder. To your point though you’re right that the middle was not very good
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,245
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2022
    That’s the deal in today’s game…great recruiters vs. great teachers. There are very few on both lists. Sizzle vs. steak…I’m team steak. It’s all about the head stick, and the value placed on teaching. Once you get ‘em, what are you doing with ‘em?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Leroy, Caleb, Thaddeus, Jabbar and Curley are ballers. What a class from Juice Brown.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

That’s the deal in today’s game…great recruiters vs. great teachers. There are very few on both lists. Sizzle vs. steak…I’m team steak. It’s all about the head stick, and the value placed on teaching. Once you get ‘em, what are you doing with ‘em?

I'm a believer that it's all about the head man. 7-5 coaches like Sark tend to stay 7-5 no matter who they hire and fire.

The big red flag on Lanning has everything to do with his assistants though. His staff is a shit show of snake oil salesmen. He has guys who are well known to be mediocre to poor at coaching football players, and keeps them around because TBSing is his priority.

He's doomed to fail at Oregon IMO. Not because of his assistants but because he has poor enough judgement as the head coach to hire and retain assistants like that. And then post that sleazy, embarrassing video to flex about it. JFC.
    Come on. If DeBoner pulled down a top ten class and then smoked a cigar, we’d be dooging it up.

Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I'm a believer that it's all about the head man. 7-5 coaches like Sark tend to stay 7-5 no matter who they hire and fire.

The big red flag on Lanning has everything to do with his assistants though. His staff is a shit show of snake oil salesmen. He has guys who are well known to be mediocre to poor at coaching football players, and keeps them around because TBSing is his priority.

He's doomed to fail at Oregon IMO. Not because of his assistants but because he has poor enough judgement as the head coach to hire and retain assistants like that. And then post that sleazy, embarrassing video to flex about it. JFC.
    Come on. If DeBoner pulled down a top ten class and then smoked a cigar, we’d be dooging it up.

Doubt it. But didn't it seem like a gay answer to Grubb's cigar video, which was about football games?