Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's worse? The fact that all black parents have to give their kids the "talk."

1235»

Comments

• Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,622
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Or the fact that none of them seem to have listened to their parents? Pretty fucked up police work as well. She thought she was shooting him with a taser. Once again, bad shit happens when you resist arrest.

https://youtu.be/bYVtxReFeyM

Guest on Fox News just reiterated, the common threas is resisting arrest. Police will make mistakes (And I'm guessing this woman will payer for hers) but settle in court instead of exposing your self to bad reactions. Just not that hard.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021

thechatch said:

@GreenRiverGatorz can I see some stats that support the argument that there’s an epidemic of police shooting black men with firearms when they meant to deploy their taser?

Because this is literally the first time I’ve ever heard of this happening.

I didn't make that claim. I said police mistakes, particularly fatal ones, are all too common in this country.
    Bullshit. The amount of fatal instances compared to interactions is tiny, infinitesimal.

When you are a thug, have an illegal handgun and you evade police and don't show up for court and then try to resist arrest, your odds go up exponentially.

The police officer needs to be shown the door. The parents of the kid who is in trouble all the time, owns illegal firearms, is involved with a counterfeit operation, etc need to be sterilized.
    Not sure why you're railing about the ratio of killings to interactions being tiny, no one is claiming otherwise. But our police still kill people way too fucking frequently and incompetence and poor training is often to blame.

I'd settle for being double the rate of Canada and Australia, instead of 4x. I don't like the state killing people. But that's just me.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Resist arrest and you could die.

Want to die? Resist arrest.

Don’t want to die? Comply.

Rocket Fucking Surgery 101

Anyone still confused?
  • Options
    doogie said:

Anyone still confused?

Resist arrest and die. Great country. To say nothing of those who don't resist and still die. How about Daniel Shaver, did he deserve it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/judge-releases-video-of-police-shooting-of-daniel-shaver-after-officer-acquitted/2017/12/08/3e715e7a-dc3e-11e7-a241-0848315642d0_video.html
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I wasn’t there. I didn’t read your random deflection link either, full disclosure.

You seem confused.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,003
    Accidental shootings like this are quite rare but cops are actually humans and can make mistakes. I can't see where she carries her taser in the video but training dictates the opposite side of your body from where you carry your firearm. I always operated the taser with my left hand and carried it on the left side. It's definitely not a place you want to make a mistake.

I'll leave the woman shouldn't be cops part for future discussion.
  • Options

thechatch said:

@GreenRiverGatorz can I see some stats that support the argument that there’s an epidemic of police shooting black men with firearms when they meant to deploy their taser?

I didn't make that claim. I said police mistakes, particularly fatal ones, are all too common in this country.
    Bullshit. The amount of fatal instances compared to interactions is tiny, infinitesimal.

When you are a thug, have an illegal handgun and you evade police and don't show up for court and then try to resist arrest, your odds go up exponentially.

The police officer needs to be shown the door. The parents of the kid who is in trouble all the time, owns illegal firearms, is involved with a counterfeit operation, etc need to be sterilized.
    Not sure why you're railing about the ratio of killings to interactions being tiny, no one is claiming otherwise. But our police still kill people way too fucking frequently and incompetence and poor training is often to blame.

I'd settle for being double the rate of Canada and Australia, instead of 4x. I don't like the state killing people. But that's just me.
    We have more shitbags. Simple fact.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Anyone still confused?

I love the fusion of rocket science and brain surgery, to wit, "Rocket Surgery" and the multiple variants thereto.

Poetic.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

A lot of truth here
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

We have more shitbags who think they have a racial right to resist arrest. When you make Rodney King and George Floyd your heroes, you are going to get more heroes. The US also has more than its fair share of suicide by cops participants.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    why not a chart that makes sense - shootings of unarmed people by police

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2020/09/chart-of-the-day-police-shootings-of-unarmed-people-are-down/

and my source should be acceptable to most centrists and left leaning people
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

doogie said:

Anyone still confused?

Resist arrest and die. Great country. To say nothing of those who don't resist and still die. How about Daniel Shaver, did he deserve it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/judge-releases-video-of-police-shooting-of-daniel-shaver-after-officer-acquitted/2017/12/08/3e715e7a-dc3e-11e7-a241-0848315642d0_video.html
    How to argue like a Kunt 101.

Does resisting arrest increase or decrease the chances that something bad can happen? Bringing up Shaver in response to this case is a complete diversion and has nothing to do with anything he said or the facts in this case.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

So now you want to change the subject and talk about how many deaths compared to other countries? And a chart by the super liberal PPI? You rats keep changing the subject on us.

First off I don't believe your chart. Secondly, COPS aren't looking to shoot people. They are put in situations where the bad guys don't care to follow our laws, or they are trying to hurt or kill our police officers. And in almost all cases the COPS are there because a criminal did something horrific to someone else.

With rats It never seems to be the criminals fault. You don't like the deaths but you blame only the police men and women. That is idiotic and an absolute zero sum game/gain. Virtually everywhere rats have discouraged or defunded the police, violent crime has skyrocketed up. Murders are up all over the place yet here you are fretting over 33 criminals out of 10,000,000 peaceful and law abiding Americans. Your odds of getting shot by a thug are way better now than 33 in 10,000,000.
    I hate criminals. You seem to have a hatred for the Police.

Anyone want to tell me what the US has that those countries on Green's chart don't have? I know the answer, do you?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

So now you want to change the subject and talk about how many deaths compared to other countries? And a chart by the super liberal PPI? You rats keep changing the subject on us.

First off I don't believe your chart. Secondly, COPS aren't looking to shoot people. They are put in situations where the bad guys don't care to follow our laws, or they are trying to hurt or kill our police officers. And in almost all cases the COPS are there because a criminal did something horrific to someone else.

With rats It never seems to be the criminals fault. You don't like the deaths but you blame only the police men and women. That is idiotic and an absolute zero sum game/gain. Virtually everywhere rats have discouraged or defunded the police, violent crime has skyrocketed up. Murders are up all over the place yet here you are fretting over 33 criminals out of 10,000,000 peaceful and law abiding Americans. Your odds of getting shot by a thug are way better now than 33 in 10,000,000.

Anyone want to tell me what the US has that those countries on Green's chart don't have? I know the answer, do you?
    I hate people who think a cop's desire to make it to retirement is more a more compelling concern than a civilian's life.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I hate people who think a cop's desire to make it to retirement is more a more compelling concern than a civilian's life.
    Please, for the sake of the strawman, give him a rest. His ass is bleeding.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

I don't know what in the hell you are talking about but go ahead and change the subject again.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    HHusky said:

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Dazzler, why are people still talking about this case? I thought this was nothing more that black people behaving badly podcast?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    edited April 2021

Obamas have weighed in on another shooting. Yawn.
    But look at the fat arms and belly on Michelle these days. The veggie garden was always phony and fake.
    The real Michelle is chowing down on pork sandwiches, Funyuns and bon-bons again.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Obamas have weighed in on another shooting. Yawn.
    But look at the fat arms and belly on Michelle these days. The veggie garden was always phony and fake.
    The real Michelle is chowing down on pork sandwiches, Funyuns and bon-bons again.

Michael is a linebacker and BHO a wide reciever.