Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh on with Softy yesterday after 2nd practice

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Eason for all his physical traits lacked significant consistency ... let’s call it like it is
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Eason for all his physical traits lacked significant consistency ... let’s call it like it is

Oh so THAT'S what it was. I never could quite put my finger on it.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Is that Dave "Softy" Mahler? Of the Kent Mahlers?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

Anyone comparing Huard to Browning hasn't watched a single throw of his. The bust outcome is always an option, but as a prospect his arm is nothing like Browning's. Some might even say night and day.

I've seen lots of Sam. Live. In HS and 7 v. 7. Anyone who doesn't think Alexander, Tinae, Troy Franklin, J. Johnson and Egbuka don't play a major role in the hype are fooling themselves. HS football is littered with limp arm QBs. Only one amassed 229 passing TDs. 91 in his senior year. 4 year starter at Washington. Broke all the all time records. This bored hated him. You've bought the hype if you can't see the comparison. Arm: Skinny>Sam>Browning. Jeff Lindquist and Jack Locker could rip it.

Husky nation has Savior Sam delivering them back to Pasadena. More than a few have UW back in the semis. Twice if he doesn't leave early. Hype.

I like Sam. His dad is a swell guy (he is). Sam is a maybe until he isn't.

Sure. Eason to Huard would be a better comp then. So would Lindquist if you really want to stretch it. But the Huard-Browning comp ends the second you roll the tape.
    You have three quarterbacks:

1.) 6'3", 180 lb. pocket passer with good agility and escapability in the pocket. Insanely accurate up to 40 yards downfield, touch passer, uses placement instead of velocity, about 50 yard range as the crow flies.

2.) 6'2", 175 lb. pocket passer with good agility and escapability in the pocket. Insanely accurate up to 45 yards downfield, touch passer, uses placement and arc over velocity, between 55 and 60 yard range as the crow flies.

3.) 6'6", 220 lb. pocket passer who's an absolute statue. Canon for an arm. Throws with one speed and that speed is "yes." Somewhat accurate, decreasingly so downfield, unless throwing a 50 yard rope. Infinity yard range as the crow flies.

One of these things is not like the other. Huard's game/feet/frame are way more similar to Browning's than Eason's. He is Browning out of high school with a stronger arm. He is Morris with a bit less arm and more accuracy. Eason? He's nothing like Eason. And Lindquist? Dafuq?
    I don't think any of the comps are that useful. And I sure as fuck don't agree with any of your breakdown of Huard's game. If you think he has less arm than Morris then we're just at an impasse. Can't really argue with someone who sees blue when you look at red.
    I think they have similar arm strength. The perception about Huard comes from people seeing too many lobs in his highlights. If they stop fixating on that and keep their eyes open there are plenty of examples of him throwing the ball hard. He does it easily too, with the same motion he uses on every pass he throws. He throws a lot like uncle Brock, to be honest. You can always see he's using about 60%, maybe 75% at absolute most, of what he has in the tank.
    Right, I think he has considerably more arm strength than Morris.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702

Baseman said:

Anyone comparing Huard to Browning hasn't watched a single throw of his. The bust outcome is always an option, but as a prospect his arm is nothing like Browning's. Some might even say night and day.

I've seen lots of Sam. Live. In HS and 7 v. 7. Anyone who doesn't think Alexander, Tinae, Troy Franklin, J. Johnson and Egbuka don't play a major role in the hype are fooling themselves. HS football is littered with limp arm QBs. Only one amassed 229 passing TDs. 91 in his senior year. 4 year starter at Washington. Broke all the all time records. This bored hated him. You've bought the hype if you can't see the comparison. Arm: Skinny>Sam>Browning. Jeff Lindquist and Jack Locker could rip it.

Husky nation has Savior Sam delivering them back to Pasadena. More than a few have UW back in the semis. Twice if he doesn't leave early. Hype.

Sure. Eason to Huard would be a better comp then. So would Lindquist if you really want to stretch it. But the Huard-Browning comp ends the second you roll the tape.

1.) 6'3", 180 lb. pocket passer with good agility and escapability in the pocket. Insanely accurate up to 40 yards downfield, touch passer, uses placement instead of velocity, about 50 yard range as the crow flies.

2.) 6'2", 175 lb. pocket passer with good agility and escapability in the pocket. Insanely accurate up to 45 yards downfield, touch passer, uses placement and arc over velocity, between 55 and 60 yard range as the crow flies.

3.) 6'6", 220 lb. pocket passer who's an absolute statue. Canon for an arm. Throws with one speed and that speed is "yes." Somewhat accurate, decreasingly so downfield, unless throwing a 50 yard rope. Infinity yard range as the crow flies.

One of these things is not like the other. Huard's game/feet/frame are way more similar to Browning's than Eason's. He is Browning out of high school with a stronger arm. He is Morris with a bit less arm and more accuracy. Eason? He's nothing like Eason. And Lindquist? Dafuq?
    I don't think any of the comps are that useful. And I sure as fuck don't agree with any of your breakdown of Huard's game. If you think he has less arm than Morris then we're just at an impasse. Can't really argue with someone who sees blue when you look at red.
    Its an Iron Law that we can only compare current Husky QBs to previous Husky QBs and current Husky coaches to past Husky coaches.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Baseman said:

I think they have similar arm strength. The perception about Huard comes from people seeing too many lobs in his highlights. If they stop fixating on that and keep their eyes open there are plenty of examples of him throwing the ball hard. He does it easily too, with the same motion he uses on every pass he throws. He throws a lot like uncle Brock, to be honest. You can always see he's using about 60%, maybe 75% at absolute most, of what he has in the tank.
    I dont know. Morris has a live arm. It's a non issue for either of them.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

No comment
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hugh doesn't know shit.

Washington coaches knew he wasn't a P5 caliber QB Dad before he did.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

They have plenty of arm strength. Or at least enough. A cannon means nothing if they aren’t accurate and don’t have the mental part down. Read coverages, make quick decisions, move around in the pocket, don’t turn it over.

I’m not saying anything that people don’t know. Arm strength is merely a luxury. We all prefer a rocket armed QB if all things are equal. We also would prefer a 1,000 yard rusher.

Both of these guys have the potential to be really good. Morris had some struggles, but he also threw some ropes, and showed some heart and resilience. Huard is a great prospect that is advanced mentally for the position and he has a lot of room to grow.
    This. I know for a fact it's the reason that the Swede could not beat out Price. It is THE reason.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

They have plenty of arm strength. Or at least enough. A cannon means nothing if they aren’t accurate and don’t have the mental part down. Read coverages, make quick decisions, move around in the pocket, don’t turn it over.

I’m not saying anything that people don’t know. Arm strength is merely a luxury. We all prefer a rocket armed QB if all things are equal. We also would prefer a 1,000 yard rusher.

Both of these guys have the potential to be really good. Morris had some struggles, but he also threw some ropes, and showed some heart and resilience. Huard is a great prospect that is advanced mentally for the position and he has a lot of room to grow.
    This. I know for a fact it's the reason that the Swede could not beat out Price. It is THE reason.
    The Swede couldn't beat out Myley Cyrus. It was Joe Montanya's kid who couldn't beat out Price.
    True. It did suggest he was closer than he really was.

I know he got a fair shot and accuracy was his bugaboo.

He was at the wrong school. The Swede had the tools to succeed in a different offense.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

The Swede couldn't beat out Myley Cyrus. It was Joe Montanya's kid who couldn't beat out Price.

He was at the wrong school. The Swede had the tools to succeed in a different offense.
    Swede was the master of the 1/2 yard run on 3rd and 2.

The goal line fumble for 6 vs usu was my favorite. Wild swede forever.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

This is about the most accurate assessment I’ve seen around here. Morris seems to put his entire body into his throws to get down field. He’s using 100% plus. I’m not sure how well that translates into a game situation where he has limited time to throw. Cyler Miles had a decent arm from what I remember... until put in a game situation with people closing the pocket. It seems as though Huard throws with precision and touch
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Lmao...

Yeah...PLU's
  • BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    Heard Huard took longer to go pee than the rest of the QBs on day 4 of camp, DOOMED&SELLING MY SEASON TICKETS. Its early spring ball, they're still just getting warmed up and feeling the team out. If everyone sucks in the Spring Game go ahead and worry some, but our WRs can get separation, J Mac blew past dudes all season,just needed to finish and get bigger, Rome when targeted alot for the first time had like 160 yards. Bynum is a proven D1 stud, both of our transfers have plenty tape getting separation at the D1 level, the Michigan one has elite speed proven against Alabama. The WR group are not JAGs, we are in week 1 of spring camp, dont get sand in your vageen just yet. Morris is a capable P5 QB, Huard just left high school and a different offense a week ago, playing with new WRs and now TEs. A lot for him to learn, but that will start to come naturally once he has learned it, he is probably highly focused on learning the offense and the technical aspects, eventually that process will be second nature and he wont have to think thru everything. "5 Star QB isnt an elite P5 starter 1 week into enrolling and learning an entirely new offense, guaranteed bust"
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Dude? Maybe @ Army in their wishbone.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Dude? Maybe @ Army in their wishbone.
    Maybe. Dude never ran that hard for 6-4, 230.