Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jason Brown, 2024 4* RB, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2023
    Never understood the love this guy. But running back has suddenly become a problem.
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

Never understood the love this guy. But running back has suddenly become a problem.

RB is not a problem when the portal exists and Dillon Johnson is showing every potential tranfer that a RB can be a star in this offense
    Talking about depth given the rogers situation.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 780
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If we're not taking him, it means we've got a better option on deck.
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

RB is not a problem when the portal exists and Dillon Johnson is showing every potential tranfer that a RB can be a star in this offense
    As long as they can catch well and pass block well in addition to running well.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Someone should do the math on it but it seems like RB has the highest % success rate for portal guys. DJ, Irving, Lloyd, Jackson, watson, steele, skattebo; over half the starting backs in the conference are transfers
    That is a good point and if not not highest the success rate, definitely in the top 3.

Back to Brown, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he went to ASU and then portaled to UW depending on how he does there. To think of it, this could be the depth chart next year (assuming DJ is told he has a 4th or 5th round grade). It will be chinteresting to see if anything develops in the portal:

1. Cam Davis
    2. Will Nixon
    3. Sam Adams II
    4. Daniel Ngata
  • Options
    HFNY said:

ntxduck said:

NEsnake12 said:

Someone should do the math on it but it seems like RB has the highest % success rate for portal guys. DJ, Irving, Lloyd, Jackson, watson, steele, skattebo; over half the starting backs in the conference are transfers
    That is a good point and if not not highest the success rate, definitely in the top 3.

Back to Brown, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he went to ASU and then portaled to UW depending on how he does there. To think of it, this could be the depth chart next year (assuming DJ is told he has a 4th or 5th round grade). It will be chinteresting to see if anything develops in the portal:

1. Cam Davis
    2. Will Nixon
    3. Sam Adams II
    4. Daniel Ngata
    They need a playmaker. That group is underwhelming. Especially if davis is not his former self.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

ntxduck said:

NEsnake12 said:

1. Cam Davis
    2. Will Nixon
    3. Sam Adams II
    4. Daniel Ngata
    They need a playmaker. That group is underwhelming. Especially if davis is not his former self.
    I agree with everything except Davis. Maybe we should hope he'll be someone else who can make more than one cut and doesn't trip over the paint.

I like Davis for his determination to get upfield and get positive yards, but he's limited. I think Rodgers was going to be good but we'll probably never know. Nixon and Adams are just OK. UW could use a portal add, or a ready to go freshman, even if DJ comes back.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,146
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We need new RB blood. Who was that loser RB coach under lake who perved on other women and posted pics of skeletons and didn't like to recruit? Still feeling the hangover from that guy.

Boner Popper
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,920
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We need new RB blood. Who was that loser RB coach under lake who perved on other women and posted pics of skeletons and didn't like to recruit? Still feeling the hangover from that guy.

Boner Popper
    Whose going to MSU, right?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Boner Popper
    Yes. And despite the hate for him here, the guy can coach
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Boner Popper
    Yeah my read I guess always was that Boner was a good actual coach but one of the laziest recruiters we've ever seen. He loved a guy whose best other offer was G5 who would commit a year early.
    Towards the end, sure.gif

He did recruit Gaskin, and Ahmed wasn't horrible
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,920
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Boner Popper
    Yeah my read I guess always was that Boner was a good actual coach but one of the laziest recruiters we've ever seen. He loved a guy whose best other offer was G5 who would commit a year early.
    Towards the end, sure.gif

He did recruit Gaskin, and Ahmed wasn't horrible
    He recruited instate layups well and I want to say he fucked one of those up towards the end.

Good coach, sure.

Weird dude, yea. I wonder how Lansing feels about skeletons in the yard.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 780
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2023
    I don't begrudge a skeleton fetish. Heck I don't mind a little thigh gap myself. Makes a man feel like a big powerful splittin maul thrustin through kindling. I just wanted the guy to ever land any of his top targets outside the state.