Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jason Brown, 2024 4* RB, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,116
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Two things can be true
    1- Eklund is full of shit
    2- these Washington high school kids that are rated 5-stars as freshmen and sophomores are overrated

I agree with both
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sure Eklund would be willing to rationalize to their board as to why a high 4 ⭐ runningback would be willing to lean toward a school that might be in the mountain west by his sophomore year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Two things can be true
    2- these Washington high school kids that are rated 5-stars as freshmen and sophomores are overrated

The "WA 4*/5* sliding scale" is real. Very few have seemed to pan out vs the hype.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Two things can be true

The "WA 4*/5* sliding scale" is real. Very few have seemed to pan out vs the hype.
    Budda Baker, Kyler Gordon, and Emeka Egbuka are the only ones who actually lived up to the billing in the last 10 years (jury still out on JTT). A few who were decent college players but left early like idiots (Hunter Bryant and Salvon Ahmed). Absolute laundry list of busts beyond that:

Savell Smalls, Foster Sarrell, Jacob Sirmon, Jacob Eason, Gee Scott Jr, I could go on
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    Whose voice triggers you the most in the lemon trio?

Me? Fatters. I fucking hate that guy’s over-explanations of simple ideas so much. I yell out loud. I can’t contain myself.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hopefully EJ helps bring him in. I get that most 5 stars have been flops but Id still kind of like to get one. Especially if he goes to Odea. Really need to pull in Brown.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Whose voice triggers you the most in the lemon trio?

Me? Fatters. I fucking hate that guy’s over-explanations of simple ideas so much. I yell out loud. I can’t contain myself.

Huh?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Two things can be true

Budda Baker, Kyler Gordon, and Emeka Egbuka are the only ones who actually lived up to the billing in the last 10 years (jury still out on JTT). A few who were decent college players but left early like idiots (Hunter Bryant and Salvon Ahmed). Absolute laundry list of busts beyond that:

Savell Smalls, Foster Sarrell, Jacob Sirmon, Jacob Eason, Gee Scott Jr, I could go on
    Gaskin, Trey Adams and McGary were all 4* Washington kids that were really good college players. Calvin Throckmorton was good at Oregon. Connerly looks like he might be good too.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Two things can be true

Gaskin, Trey Adams and McGary were all 4* Washington kids that were really good college players. Calvin Throckmorton was good at Oregon. Connerly looks like he might be good too.
    What has Connerly's lard ass done yet besides catch a TD against the worst team in FBS?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

NEsnake12 said:

Two things can be true

What has Connerly's lard ass done yet besides catch a TD against the worst team in FBS?
    I said might. TBD
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Two things can be true

Gaskin was a 3* kid but I get the point. I think focusing on the guys you actually want is more important. Yes some of them are rated 4* or higher, but the truth remains highly WA high school football prospects have been misses more often than not.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

Someone needs to do a "deep dive" and compare the fortunes of Wa recruits by eating vs some other group...maybe just cal kids. Someone not named me.

David Decastro was a Wa 4* that was good. There's one. The LB/RB from Bellingham that Sark and Tosh blew it with was good at UCLA. I can never remember his name.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ICYMI - The 24/7 system bases their stars around NFL Draft prediction - not college success.
    Also - they have to have a somewhat even amount of stars per region - so there are plenty of 5 stars who aren’t that good. I mean shit, you can pay a 24/7 guy 1500$ to get 3 stars, upping to 4 or 5 is probably a lot more.

Isaac Wilson (Milf Hunters brother) being a High 4 Star is more proof that the system is extremely flawed. Hi Nick Montana!
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Someone needs to do a "deep dive" and compare the fortunes of Wa recruits by eating vs some other group...maybe just cal kids. Someone not named me.

David Decastro was a Wa 4* that was good. There's one. The LB/RB from Bellingham that Sark and Tosh blew it with was good at UCLA. I can never remember his name.

I think you Bellevue and Myles Jack
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I think you Bellevue and Myles Jack
    Jesus. Yep. There's more than just one fuckup in my post too. Retardation.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I guess Michigan State is out
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I wouldn't be surprised if he committed there anyway as UW may have moved on.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Regardless of what is being said this guy is not being heavily pursued by anyone. Savvy Smalls 2.0
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks good but most of the film is him beating skinny white guys. I’d like to see how he does in the playoffs against better competition. Decent burst, decent speed, cutting ability.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2LjZjY