Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jason Brown, 2024 4* RB, Seattle (O'Dea), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Brown would be the best HS RB signing since Salvon. Hard to overstate how shitty RB recruiting has been.

He's not like Gaskin, more like Joe Morris from the Giants in the '80s. He's kind of a little bowling ball, but has wheels.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He's such a dumb fuck.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So is he cumming here?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Uklend

for shits I just rewatched Gaskins 2015 Hudl and the most recent Jason Brown Jr Hudle. Eklund is a guy that struggles a bit to articulate himself. I see where he "wants" to go with the comparison but he's struggling to bring up strong differences.

The first part of the discussion needs to be body type. Gas was listed at 185lbs but lets be real the scale was likely 17x. Gas' shifty running was from necessity, as a smaller back you have to minimize the hits. Brown is thick with a strong lower body. He spliced in some of his play at LB. From a body type perspective most programs will value the kid built more like a tree trunk than a branch. Also 247 ratings, as they make it clear, aren't just about talent but a prospects offs of making the NFL so given the desire of the NFL for well built RB Brown Jr would have to be rated higher.

From a running style there's really not much difference. Gas' film shows his trademark "first guy misses" approach and then he's off to the races. Brown Jr's film shows early a lot of straight line runs but near the end I saw some good lateral movements in the RZ. Brown has always impressed me with his patience..he understands the position well and how to use leverage. Both are excellent backs and it's impressive that Odea has had this talent crown through at RB almost back back.

Look, there are a lot of factors that go into rankings. Games barely matter.
    People forget that 247's star rating system is trying to project where 16 year olds will be drafted. It has nothing to do with college production
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2023

Uklend

for shits I just rewatched Gaskins 2015 Hudl and the most recent Jason Brown Jr Hudle. Eklund is a guy that struggles a bit to articulate himself. I see where he "wants" to go with the comparison but he's struggling to bring up strong differences.

The first part of the discussion needs to be body type. Gas was listed at 185lbs but lets be real the scale was likely 17x. Gas' shifty running was from necessity, as a smaller back you have to minimize the hits. Brown is thick with a strong lower body. He spliced in some of his play at LB. From a body type perspective most programs will value the kid built more like a tree trunk than a branch. Also 247 ratings, as they make it clear, aren't just about talent but a prospects offs of making the NFL so given the desire of the NFL for well built RB Brown Jr would have to be rated higher.

From a running style there's really not much difference. Gas' film shows his trademark "first guy misses" approach and then he's off to the races. Brown Jr's film shows early a lot of straight line runs but near the end I saw some good lateral movements in the RZ. Brown has always impressed me with his patience..he understands the position well and how to use leverage. Both are excellent backs and it's impressive that Odea has had this talent crown through at RB almost back back.

People forget that 247's star rating system is trying to project where 16 year olds will be drafted. It has nothing to do with college production
    I always felt that was an excuse for terrible evaluation and for TBSers to JO about the body types of underage teenagers
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sources said:

Uklend

I always felt that was an excuse for terrible evaluation and for TBSers to JO about the body types of underage teenagers
    It totally is. Just create your secret sauce about player evaluations and stick with it. We all know what body types the NFL covets and frankly it's not all that useful for the college football.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Myles was and is certainly a guy with better vision and creativity, IMO, but he is a GOAT at those things.

Brown has the perfect body type to be a 1,000 yard back in KDB's offense rather quickly. Brown has better open field speed and raw strength IMO.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’m a little jaded on in state recruits myself. They have been often overhyped for awhile because of FSP and Huffman being their hype man.

Specifically, FSP propping them up early via 7-on-7 tourneys and underwear olympics which led to them getting 4* ratings before their high school junior seasons. That initial rating is always going to act as an anchor, even if they player stops improving after they're 15 (see: Sav'ell Smalls, Julien Simon, Will Latu, Gee Scott Jr.)
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,491
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wow. Is Eklund trying to drop this kid's stock?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He spent a good 10 minutes on their latest pod talking about how much Brown sucks
  • Options
  • Options

He spent a good 10 minutes on their latest pod talking about how much Brown sucks
    What is his agenda? it's kind of getting crazy. Every kid from this state is terrible according to him.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What is his agenda? it's kind of getting crazy. Every kid from this state is terrible according to him.
    He’s trying to add balance to Fetters King County All Stars